main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[TV] The "Lost" Thread

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Sith_Slayer, Oct 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002

JIN: You find Walt, Michael.

The complete exchange was as follows:

MICHAEL: Walt! Walt! Walt!

JIN: Michael.

MICHAEL: Go away! I'm not going back without him. Walt! I'm here! Where are you, man? [Jin runs up to where Michael stopped by a waterfall] Walt!! [Jin tries to quiet Michael] What, you worried they're going to hear me? Let them take me! Come! Come take me!

EKO [appearing]: Shouting is not a good idea. You need to come back with us now.

MICHAEL: I'm not leaving him out here. [Eko approaches and Michael brandishes a stick] Stay away from me.

EKO: I know they took your son. But you have no idea what these people are capable of -- and they will not be found if they don't want to be.

MICHAEL: They took him right out of my hands -- right out of my hands! I'm not going back without him.

JIN: You find Walt, Michael. {The intention here is: You will find Walt, but you need to come with us now.}

[Michael leaves with Jin and Eko.]

2. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    Let's tackle these one at a time, shall we?:

Who is guy that was with the French lady that tried to kid nap Clair that Charlie shot?

That was Ethan (Ethan Rom: anagram of "Other Man")

Also what the heck is that black ghost looking thing that keeps on tearing up trees.

We don't know yet. Many theories abound. If you watch the 'Orientation' video closely enough, DeGroot has a very similar-looking "substance" hovering in the air as well. Nano-technology?

I have watched all of the episodes up to date except last weeks. I missed it. Can anyone let me know what happened.

Gee....ya don't ask for much.....do ya?

Cliff's Notes version:

Sun is lamenting them having found the bottle of messages from the raft. Also, she has lost her wedding ring. Multiple Sun/Jin flashbacks giving more insight into their joint history. Sun was set up by a 'matchmaker' for a pre-arranged 'marriage' to a Hotel owner's son. The very hotel where Jin was just hired as doorman. Sun's hubby-to-be confesses to her that he is in love with an American woman & will be going to America to be with her. Jin meanwhile quits as doorman on matter of principle and how lower 'class' citizens (such as himself) are treated. Sun & Jin run into each other in a park after she has left the hotel & he has quit.

The Tail-Section folks inform Michael, Jin & Sawyer that they are heading off to the other side of the island to rejoin the rest of the survivors. Sawyer's shoulder gun shot wound is getting worse and he is being affected. The tail enders also have a radio (from the back of the plane, I believe).

Michael runs off into the jungle to find Walt. Jin & Mr. Ecko of the tail survivors go off in search of him.

Before finding Michael, Jin & Ecko come across a dead tail-ender, killed by the Others. They then must hide from the Others themselves as the Others parade by, one dragging a disheveled teddy bear.

Hurley thinks that Vincent swallowed Sun's ring, so they follow the dog around waiting for him to cr@p it out.

Sawyer asks Ana-Lucia if she's married. She replies she's not.
    Ana-Lucia asks Sawyer if he's gay.

Sun digs up the message bottle & shows it to Kate. Kate opens it, claiming that she didn't get to, "say goodbye" (presumably to Sawyer).

Sun finds her wedding ring in the sand where the bottle was buried, coinciding with the flashback where Sun & Jin meet. Kodak moment. Group hug, etc.

15 days until a new episode....

3. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    I got this in a mailing...possible spoilers...well not really.

From John: Lost! Who's Ian Somerhalder?

Damnit! I'm really not supposed to tell you this, but he's an actor who played Boone. Man, you guys are bringing out the big guns today!

-----
    From Nielas: Damon Lindelof said on the Fuselage not to believe any spoilers, as there are some major bogus stories out there. Any chance of the Lost death being one of them?

It could be. And that could be. Wait, no, that one could be. There is so much out there, my best advice is: Don't believe anything you read! It's better if you just watch at this point, anyway. I swear.
    -----
    From borrelli: Who's dying on Lost?

Death? What death? I could tell you--but Damon Lindelof would have my head. So, I'm officially zipping the ol' yapper on this one, especially because given when I revealed (and pulled down) last week, many of you had figured it out. Mmwamwmemwmmswemmwe. [Unintelligible...yapper glued shut.]
    ------
    From beautyfulstar08: True or false: Is the killer on Lost the same person as the one that dies?

I can't say!
    ----
    From 2biggie: Lost. Three weeks of boredom! What do we do?! Shame on you, ABC.

Actually, just a little Rerun 101 for ya. I know it's frustrating, but this happens with prety much every show, every year. Every series out there has about 22 episodes each season, and there are about 36 weeks in the average TV season, so, I'm sure you can do the math.
    ----
    From anonnie: Are we going to see Harold Perrineau's wife on Lost again? So far, she's played a Sawyer one night stand and Hurley's lotto girl...

And the only watchable character on Sex, Love & Secrets, which is officially, as of today, canceled. So, now, she's available again, and I'm guessing we'll see her!
    ---
    From katherine: At www.oceanic-air.com/seatingchart.htm if you click on 42F (Ana Lucia's seat) you get a mock up of the plane having turbulence and crashing. She is involved in this conspiracy I know it.

Innnteresting...

4. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    More from my mailing list. Now this DOES have potential spoilers.

From treelie: On Lost, Kate said she never said goodbye to Sawyer and began ripping letters open. What does this mean, and does Kate like Sawyer now?

All I can tell you is a little eye-popping poop from my rock-solid Lost source: "There is a big kiss coming. Involving Kate and someone else. And it ain't Sawyer. And it's hot. Not a dream. Not a flashback. Not a cop-out." Whee!
    ---

From lque109: Do we know how Rutherford is connected to Shannon?

Well, USA Today let the cat out of the bag that the Rutherford dude who died in the crash with Julie Bowen is indeed Shannon's father.
    ----

From chelle: Where did Desmond run off to on Lost? Do we see him again?

Yes, we do!

5. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    This picture is interesting. Though I wonder if someone just super imposed that.

6. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    This is an interesting site. Haven't had time to go thru all of it yet.

7. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    On a lark, I tried emailing Jin's email addy from his resume.

It got kicked back as undeliverable. Go figure.

I did however get a "response" from this variation of his email address:

jinsoo74@yahoo.com

This Message was undeliverable due to the following
    reason:
    ERROR: 4815162342

Your message was not delivered because the Hanso
    computer refused to accept it (the error message is
    reproduced below).
    This type of error is usually due to a mis-configured
    account or mail delivery system on the destination
    computer; however, it could be caused by your message
    since some mail systems refuse messages with invalid
    header information, or if they are too large.

Your message was rejected by dharma.mail.yahoo.com for
    the following reason:

delivery error: dd This user doesn't have a
    yahoo.com account (jinsoo74@yahoo.com) [-5] -
    mta254.mail.swan.yahoo.com

The following recipients did not receive this message:

<jinsoo74@yahoo.com>

Please reply to <marvincandle108@yahoo.com> if you
    feel this message to be in error.

I'm curious to see what Marvin has to offer....

8. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    Oh that is fun! Be sure to let us know!

We are so geeky!

9. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    That one's been debated to death online. It's been confirmed that it's NOT a DHARMA logo on the plane.

10. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    Thanks...it was the first I had heard about it.

11. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
  12. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    I don't think that actually worked.

13. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    Click on the "Free" download button at the bottom of the first page.

The next page may take up to 30-seconds to display the download icon for the .wmv file itself at the bottom of the page.

14. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    That once again goes to show that people have way too much time on their hands.

THOUGH I did chuckle at the More Cowbell DeGroot. Which since we assume the Others have a 'fever' there is only one prescription...and it is more cow bell!!

15. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    I received an email response from "Marvin Candle":

That project had to be abandoned many years ago.

As for our arms. Ray lost a lot more than I did.

I cannot comment further. I am sorry.

Namaste,

M.S.

16. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    I was at the store and the new US had "Who will be the next to die on Lost.' on the cover. Of course there was a picture of Shannon. Which leads me to believe it won't be her. Darn!

17. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    Don't recall if this is from Boone's hallucination, or if it hints at what is to come:

[image=http://abc.go.com/primetime/lost/games/trivia/bonus/5.jpg]

18. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    Never mind. The pic was from Season 1....

19. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    Great...thanks got my hopes up. ;)

20. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    Recent spoilage for upcoming episodes:

Episode 2.08: Collision
    Airdate: November 23, 2005

Violence erupts when Ana Lucia and her group stumble upon the other castaways. Source: ABC

Episode 2.09: What Kate Did
    Airdate: November 30, 2005

As Kate's backstory continues, her original crime is revealed. Locke and Eko make an interesting discovery about the film, and Michael has a mysterious encounter with the computer. Source: ABC

21. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    Promo pics for episode 2.07 "The Other 48 Days" can be seen over at Lost-Media

22. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    Where the 'Chosen One' really came from:

[image=http://lost-media.com/modules/coppermine/albums/userpics/14881/4%26%231077%3B6.jpg]

23. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    That is just messed up!

24. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    Some additional insight into Ana-Lucia can be seen HERE .

T'would appear that she does have some background as a member of law enforcement

25. artoosmommy

artoosmommy Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2005
    ^^ Yeah, she was in that movie S.W.A.T.

Oh... you meant her character.

I really hope it's Shannon who kicks the bucket. She gives us other Shannons such a bad name.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.