main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Victoria. BC Two Truths and a Lie

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Vadi-Atinle, Nov 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vadi-Atinle

Vadi-Atinle Jedi Youngling

Oct 11, 2003
    Hey, seeing the truth or dare post made me think of another game that might be fun.

The game is this, the person that goes first tells two truths and a lie. People try and guess which one is the lie. The one who guesses right first is the one who goes next.

I go first. This should be fun because almost no one knows me on this forum. :D

1. I am a priest according to 2 different religious traditions. And went to a training school for priests in a third.

2. I once went to Monty's with a certain gay m.p.

3. I have dated 3 women who have been arrested.

2. DARTH2-D2

DARTH2-D2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2002
    3. I have dated 3 women who have been arrested.

3. Alakin_Marshwalker

Alakin_Marshwalker Jedi Youngling star 2

May 16, 2002
    The second one simply because I don't understand it.

4. Vadi-Atinle

Oct 11, 2003
    Wow, I'm impressed.

your turn. :)

5. Vadi-Atinle

Oct 11, 2003
    uhm, I guess I should be more clear.

The answer was 3. I haven't dated three women who have been arrested.

1. Neither of these religions has exactly high standards.

2. Monty's is a "bar of somewhat ill repute" that my friend suggested. He didn't want to be recognised and approached by anyone. He figured it was the safest place to go. He was wrong.

6. Shara_82

Shara_82 Administrator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 10, 2001
    I love this game! My boss plays it with us whenever we get bored at meetings. :D

7. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

_Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    Vadi, my dear, you *so* fit in with us. :D

Okay so it's Darth2D2's turn, right? since he guessed correctly?

Neaters. :)

I'll be enjoying this thread immensely. :)

(Oh yeah, and you can edit the title (to fix the capitalisation) by clicking edit post on the first post of the thread and then editing the subject line. :) The editors among us pre-thank you).

*Derisa*

8. Alakin_Marshwalker

May 16, 2002
    I am aware of Monty's, just didn't understand the "a certain gay m.p" of the statement. I am probably missing something super obvious.

9. Vadi-Atinle

Oct 11, 2003
    Oh, well... about "the certain gay M.P."
    I didn't actually want to say this person's name because I've never asked him wether he was okay with me telling the story (at least to telling the story to people I've never even met). As far as I know there are at least three people the story could be about.

I mentioned that he was an memeber of parliment, because if he was just some guy, it wouldn't be worth remarking on. And I mentioned he was gay, because well... I assume that gay men aren't the usual clientele of that establishment.

I can see now, I should have picked a different #2. :)

-vadi

10. Alakin_Marshwalker

May 16, 2002
    No worries at all. I understand perfectly now.

11. Rani Veko

Rani Veko Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2000
    Do we have to wait for Darth2-D2, or should we just take turns amongst ourselves while we're waiting for him?

- Rani

12. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

Jul 31, 2000
    I think it's supposed to be Darthie's turn, but if he doesn't get back here in like twenty-four, we should take it for him. :D

*Derisa*

13. Rani Veko

Apr 22, 2000
    Meh, it's been over 48. My turn. :p

1) I am the youngest of six kids.

2) I saw Dire Straits in concert when they came to Victoria.

3) I was once president of a Star Trek fan club.

- Rani

14. fingthething

fingthething Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    3) I was once president of a Star Trek fan club.

Thats got to be a lie! I mean come on, its Star Trek! :p

15. Alakin_Marshwalker

May 16, 2002
    2. The dire straits concert.

Always choose the one easiest to believe.

16. Rani Veko

Apr 22, 2000
    Alakin is too good at this.

That's right, I never saw Dire Straits in concert. Ever. As a younger teen (and #6 kid) I was too broke to see one of the best groups (in my opinion) in concert, and the emotional trauma of them breaking up drove me into the loving and equally geeky arms of a Star Trek fan club, where I clawed my way through the upper echelons of power to finally rise to the much sought-after rank of ship's Captain (a.k.a. club president) by the age of 18 and won the envy of all who lacked a real life, and the adoration of one of the few who did, my (then) future husband, Paul. :)

There you have it, my sordid past.

Okay, who's next?

- Rani

17. CobaltLightJedi

CobaltLightJedi Jedi Youngling

Oct 21, 2003
    Hey, new poster here steps up to the podium... and I'll do some Star Wars Themed ones..

1. With Lucasfilms clearance, I signed Luke Skywalker autographs, while playing Luke at a charity premiere screening of Return of the Jedi.

2. That led to contacts at LFL that eventually allowed me to contribute illustrations and models to help episode III's animatics unit. Although the animatics work continues during post, my work is done.

3. I chatted with Gary Kurtz, in person, just after Empire.

18. Alakin_Marshwalker

May 16, 2002
    I am going to have to go with 3. The first 2 being connected gives both credibility.

19. CobaltLightJedi

Oct 21, 2003
    I'm going to let another post or so gather before I open up "the back of the book" for the answers.

Interesting interpretive rationales in your answers, Alakin.

:)

20. CobaltLightJedi

Oct 21, 2003
    hmm... wonder how long I should wait before I post the answers...

21. Vills-Kavic

Vills-Kavic Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 8, 2003
    I have to agree with Alakin on this- I think that #3 sounds the least plausible given there are explanations for the first two!

-Vills

22. Rani Veko

Apr 22, 2000
    I'll go with #1, just to be different. He could have got work at LFL without the previous contact with them, right?

- Rani

23. CobaltLightJedi

Oct 21, 2003
    Well... although the logic was good, no one got it, and if I wasn't me, I don't think I would have either. Here's the head's up...

1. TRUTH
    Lucasfilm and 20th Century Fox held a limited number of for-charity-only advance screenings. Our local charity was the Queen Alexandria Children's Hospital, and the screening was at the Haida Theater (Which sadly, would be torn down years later.)

Lucasfilm okayed the autographs because we were signing as the characters, not the actors. But don't try this at home folks, the legal landscape has changed a lot, as has Lucasfilm's feeling on such things. Their current clutch of lawyers would mobilize in a heartbeat. (sigh, the good old days...)

It's kinda cool to remember that for an evening, I was actually, with Lucasfilm's nod, officially Luke Skywalker.

2. LIE.
    Be cool, very cool, but this is the fib, the fiction, the fabrication. Would love to be fabricating for Lucasfilm. Who knows for the future... but I'm more interested in doing my own stuff.

3. TRUTH.
    At Denvention, the 1981 World Science Fiction Convention in Denver. Mr. Kurtz was very accessible, and when I asked what was coming next for him, he gladly told me about the (at that time) up and coming Dark Crystal, as well the animation work he wanted to do. (So many fans want been-there-done-that sort of stories about stuff they've finished with, I think he was relieved that I asked about his future instead.)

There you have it...

24. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

Jul 31, 2000
    Dude! Very cool.

Just FYI, and I know it's ex post facto, but I would have guessed number 2, due to the huge legally binding trust contracts anyone who works on III has to sign in blood, I don't think you could even tell us you had or were working on III. :)

Can I have a turn?

*Derisa*

25. CobaltLightJedi

Oct 21, 2003
    Derisa, I wish I had posted the answers later, that's the right answer... ;)

Anyway, I've had my turn... So if it's okay with everyone else, I'm cool with you taking a turn.

:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.