main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Padu, KY UGH Siting

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by LordTreyger, Mar 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LordTreyger

LordTreyger Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 3, 2006
    I don't know if these are part of it or not but at the Southside Walmart they have 2 chromed out slave-1's. They have the sticker on them just like the figs do. I am not planning on buying them so just thought I would throw it out to the rest of the group, so I can shed my toy hoarding nazi persona. No screw it, I like the persona! I will have all the action figures, hundreds of ATAT drivers, Goink Droids out the wazzoo.

Oh what fun it will be to roll around in my star wars toys. But a little advice those guns sure are pointy!

Anyway the slave one's are out there if you guys want them.

2. TK8049

TK8049 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 3, 2006
    I saw OBI & ANNIE UGH at Wal Mart in Union City TN. Are these cool or something?

3. Valhalla

Valhalla Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 26, 2006
    For those of us who haven't kept up with all the terminology, what exactly are the UGH's.

4. SithMonger

SithMonger Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 1, 2005
    Yes, the UGH = Ultimate Greenback Hoard figure wave. Or = Usual Gimmick from Hasbro

Just in time for Easter so we can run around towns everywhere throughout the bare pegs looking for these little hidden treasures.

Actually, for those who don't know, the UGH are the "Ultimate Galactic Hunt" figures. A set of ten (so far) 3.75" action figures from Hasbro that have different bubble wrap and have a foil card back where the "Star Wars" is, a silverish stand instead of the dull gray plastic (which is also displayed in the bubble unlike the normal figures so you can see the movie logo), and the "hologram" figure which is normally blue in the standard figures is silver with a black wash to simulate a pewter look. These babiess are going for avg. of $30 on ebay right now, but yet to determine if that will remain or if more figures will be of this style.

Two drawbacks - the figures aren't random so there is only the 10 that have been released, or more may come later and so they're hard to find at least now. And there is no way to get all of the "hologram" figures since there are twelve of those even if you just get the set of all 10 UGH, which is going to be a difficult task in itself if you're a true completionist.

The UGH began to be packed two to a case, if the case contains them at all, in the latest "Coruscant" wave of figures. They're "sets" because the same two UGH figures are in the same type of cases, as I understand it anyway. Also, there seems to be a few variants even of the UGH.

And they're so shiny!

So, yes, so much fun for those of us who "needs the precious" to find. And why I think "UGH", or more appropriately "UGH!" is a great abbreviation for this line.

And if any of this info is not correct, someone please spare me my mistake by posting the correct information. Thanks and Happy Hunting!

5. SithMonger

Dec 1, 2005
    Oh, and I think Treyger is right, there are silver small Titanium ships - the Slave I right now, I think, that are also called UGH. Of course my receipt for the white TIE's said Galactic Hunt (even though they weren't), so I'm not sure if the sivler Titaniums are UGH or just plain GH.

6. LordTreyger

Jan 3, 2006
    I'm just saying that those slave one's at southside are really shiny and they have the UGH logo sticker on them.

7. SithMonger

Dec 1, 2005
    So what your saying is that it may be UGH because there was a UGH sticker on it. And UGH means that it's definitely a UGH because the sticker says UGH on the UGH packaging. I don't know - sounds like a trap. You didn't get them so something's up. Who are you trying to fool into getting those? They're probably even the Jango Slave I and not even the cool Boba Slave I are they? Or do you even know? Hmmm? Trying to pass off second rate stuff to unsuspecting collectors?

So, yeah, I hope they still have one. Thanks for the heads up.

8. LordTreyger

Jan 3, 2006
    Um...Yeah whatever.

9. SithMonger

Dec 1, 2005
    What can I say? I'm addicted to those little ships. I'm still peeved at myself for missing wave one. (Anyone have any of those please let me know.) And, I couldn't make it to get one of the silver ones. I think running around town so much is starting to affect my brain matter. [face_tired]

10. LordTreyger

Jan 3, 2006
    There was one still on the peg at Southside yesterday afternoon.

11. SithMonger

Dec 1, 2005
    Bad timing on my part I guess. Story of my life. I won't be able to get back over there until late Wednesday now. If anyone would pick it up for me if it's still there, I'd be very grateful. Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.