main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ "Under The Mountain" on DVD

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by SimplyThrilledHoney, May 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SimplyThrilledHoney

SimplyThrilledHoney Jedi Youngling star 3

May 19, 2002
    There was once a locked thread called "Great TV shows time forgot". Someone mentioned the rather wonderful 1981 TV series "Under The Mountain". Imagine my surprise when I saw TVNZ had released it on DVD last week. No extras, and the actual transfer is not very good ... looks like they've had to use second generation sources ... but we watched it over the last few days and it's held up very very well.

Now, how about "Children of the Dog Star"?

2. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    Perhaps a tad early for me...

3. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Yeah, I saw Under the Mountain was out when I ordered 30 Rock Season 1 from fishpond.co.nz. I might have to get the tv show. There's an Under the Mountain movie in pre-production too.

And I loved Dog Star too, I remember a school trip to see some sets and props - Ko-Lob, the aliens with underarm roll-on balls hanging off them...

We did good at sci-fi TV series, back in the day.

I won a copy of Maurice Gee's Under the Mountain book from 1ZB's 1080 club back in the late 70s.

4. YouAgain

YouAgain Jedi Master star 5

Dec 20, 2001
    I've seen this been advertised on TV latley, man you old farts had it hard when you were young :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.