main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Under the Sea...a Clive Cussler Community

Discussion in 'Archive: The Amphitheatre' started by Darth McClain, Oct 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    Has anyone ever read anything by Clive Cussler? I think he is one of the best authors alive today. His characters are funny and memorable, the history intertwined with modern technology is ingenious, and the plots are genuinley enjoyable.

Anyone else have any opinions?

2. stecm

stecm Jedi Padawan star 4

May 3, 2002
    I liked his early stuff a lot. What I particulary enjoy is the total lack of reality in his books, there're so over-the-top...

3. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    It's like a whole new world, isn't it? The rules change when you pick up a Cussler novel. It's hard to desribe.

4. stevo

stevo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2001
    Eh, I find it gets old after a while: he's out to save the world . . . agian.

5. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    Pitt's not always out to save the world, just the US. ;)

I wouldn't be supprised if Pitt started slowing down quickly, and evolve into more of a hands on NUMA official instead of taking the lead on everything. Like he was recalling in Valhalla Rising, he's not as young as he was in The Mediteranian Caper and Pacific Vortex, or even Inca Gold. I predict that Dirk and Al (I'm not even going to try to spell his last name :p) will eventually take the reins of NUMA.

Kurt Austin, and his set of characters on the other had, IMO will still think they're in the CIA ( ;)) and fight evil from the front line.

So, in responce to your comment, I think Pitt won't be doing that as much anymore. But if the world wasn't threatened, we wouldn't have a plot would we?

6. jediguy

jediguy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2000
    Are there any more Pitt books coming out? They're pretty unrealistic, but very fun to read.

7. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    I'm sure they will have more Pitt novels, but none have been announced. However, Cussler released the third Kurt Austin novel Fire Ice, in hard cover a few months ago. Cussler also has The Sea Hunter's II written, which will be released in December.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.