main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Upcoming Meetings/Events

Discussion in 'Archive: Dayton, OH' started by Krash, Jan 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    This thread is to display upcoming Events/Meetings of the Star Wars Fellowship of Dayton.

originally posted by Sean_Starrider

2. Sean_Starrider

Sean_Starrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 30, 2002
    We will be meeting at the Timothy Zahn Book signing on Thursday February 5th, 2004. Here is some more info...

Date of Event: Thursday, February 5th, 2004
    Time of Event: 7:00 PM (Meet at 6:15)
    350 E. Stroop Road
    Dayton, OH
    Phone: (937) 298-6540

We will be passing out flyers to people at this event in a attempt to let Star Wars fans that live in Dayton become aware of our FanForce and hope to have more people join our Fellowship. :)

3. Sean_Starrider

Jun 30, 2002
    In addition to Fanforce Events, The Star Wars Fellowship of Dayton holds a meeting on the Second Sunday of every month at the Borders located next to the Dayton Mall and we meet in the Cafe at 12:30.

Borders Books & Music
    2040 Miamisburg Centerville Road
    Dayton, OH

If you are new here please know that you are encouraged to join us at any Meeting/Event and you are more than welcome to bring a friend. May the Force be with you. :)

4. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Just had to laugh at the fact that the Dayton meeting/event thread has a Cleveland icon at the top! ;)

I claim this land...in the name of Cleveland!

5. Sean_Starrider

Jun 30, 2002
    At least the icon isn't Orange and Brown. :)

6. padawan_schlicher

padawan_schlicher Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    Everyone is invited to my place in Cincy for the Super Bowl. The fun starts at 5 with some video games and such and then the big game. There will be food plus everyone will be pitching in for pizza and wings. For more details PM me or check out the thread in the Cincy forum.

7. Sean_Starrider

Jun 30, 2002
    Thanks for the invite AJ, But one of my friends is having a party at his place and we had already commited to it. Hope you guys have a great time. :)

8. Jedi_Junkie

Jedi_Junkie Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 6, 2003
    Oky doky, our next offically planned meeting is tomorrow at:

Borders Books & Music
    2040 Miamisburg Centerville Road
    Dayton, OH

It's around 12:30 in the Cafe. Sean has already said he won't be able to make this meeting because he has to attend something that coincides with this time. So, if we still want to give it a shot post to say yay or nay. Also, if you attended the Zahn event, we can understand if you're sick of seeing me and decide not to attend! Either way, I plan to show up and hang around anyhow, it'll give me a chance to read an unsigned copy of Survivor's Quest! ^_^

9. Jedi_Junkie

Feb 6, 2003
    Hey all, we have another meeting coming up on the 14th of March. Who's coming?

10. Sean_Starrider

Jun 30, 2002
    I'll be there. :)

11. Jedi_Junkie

Feb 6, 2003
    I sure hope so! ^_^ I'm almost definitely coming, so long as I don't injure myself again (hurt my ankle the other day, clumsy me). I hope that Jacob and Aaron show up too, it's always nice to see you guys. Maybe the elusive OhioJedi, or YodaJammies... <_<

12. corranhornjje

corranhornjje Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 9, 2001
    Always in motion the future is. I'm pretty busy on Sundays these days but I might be able to squeeze in an hour or so for you guys. ;)

13. Sean_Starrider

Jun 30, 2002
    Hope to see everybody there on Sunday. There's alot we all have to talk about. :)

14. PADA-1

PADA-1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 11, 2003
    I will be hopefully be there.

15. Jedi_Junkie

Feb 6, 2003
    Righto, I'd just like to point out in advance that our next meeting is scheduled to be on Easter sunday... Since most people have plans with family/church/whatever on that day I was thinking we should probably change the date to either the first Sunday of April, or the day before Easter. What does everyone else think?

16. PsychoYoda

PsychoYoda Jedi Youngling

Feb 16, 2004
    The April meeting really needs to have a date settled soon since it almost the first. I vote for the first weekend so there will be no conflict with the Easter weekend. We wouldn't want to offend anyone by having our meeting on such a important holiday weekend. I am sincere in what I say, our family will be doing something on both days. Please respond to this ASAP.

17. Sean_Starrider

Jun 30, 2002
    First Sunday sounds good to me. :)

18. PsychoYoda

PsychoYoda Jedi Youngling

Feb 16, 2004
    Do we want to say at 12:30, at the Borders on the 4th of April, then the next meeting in May will the 10th as usual.

19. Gwen_Amidala

Gwen_Amidala Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2003
    This Sunday sounds fine, but just as a future reference, May the 9th (our May meeting) is Mother's Day, so we may want to talk about a different date for that meeting also :)

20. Jedi_Junkie

Feb 6, 2003
    Yeah, next month may need rescheduled too.... Would we like to make that one be the first sunday, too?

Yargh.. We be in the Holiday Season! X_x

21. Jedi_Junkie

Feb 6, 2003
    Making a post on these boards to show we're still alive! In fact, our next meeting is planned to be:

Sunday, July 18th tentatively timed at 12:30 pm. It'll be at the usual place, the Borders at the Dayton Mall.

22. Jedi_Junkie

Feb 6, 2003
    The meeting on the 18th has been cancelled, sorry.

23. Jedi_Junkie

Feb 6, 2003
    Posting to inform anyone who might be interested in coming..

The FanForce is pretty sure we're going to try to attend a Reds game in September, if you're interested check out the thread on our alternative boards. The link is posted somewhere around here... Go look for it. XP

EDIT: Ok I couldn't find the link myself... Either because it isn't posted, or I'm too slow witted to find it. Either way, here's the link. Please don't abuse us! That makes us sad. :nod:

http://www.hostboard.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi/ubb/forum/f/8349

24. Jedi_Junkie

Feb 6, 2003
    Our next meeting is slotted for Saturday December 3rd or 4th at the Borders book store at the Dayton Mall around 1 o'clock. The date is still being decided on our main boards, so if you want your say drop in and whine - the link is in the post above this one.

25. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Cool, just let me know when you have a definate date set...I'll post it on FF news!

Haven't heard from you guys in a while, what's been going on?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.