main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

update alerts

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by CarolynNC, Feb 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    I think that Jedi Academy thing looks fun! I'd love to try it!

2. vader1025

vader1025 Jedi Master star 1

Dec 2, 2004
    The Training Academy is definately for little kids. maybe up to 8 years old tops but the kids had a blast with it at C2.

3. CarolynNC

CarolynNC Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2002
    Tony-WanKenobiNC wrote:
    Aside from me being silly, if I see Carolyn at the con, my friends and I will have to follow her like padawan learners as she will know where everything is/is happening/what's scheduled next/etc....

Are you making fun of me! [face_shame_on_you] You better be careful! I'm apt to give you misdirection![face_devil] I went to C2 totally unprepared. I didn't know what was offered and what was going on. I will not make that mistake this time. With all the money it's costing to attend I plan to be prepared. I'm just sharing my discoveries with others in one easy to find spot.

4. Tony-WanKenobiNC

Tony-WanKenobiNC Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 14, 2005
    Who?? Me?? [face_thinking] Make fun?? Never [face_batting] [face_shame_on_you]
    Yes, being prepared is very important for me this go around so I can appreciate the updates. Plus, having some friends with me will be rewarding in splitting costs and having them pick things while I'm in other lines and vice versa as well.

5. CarolynNC

Mar 29, 2002
  6. CarolynNC

Mar 29, 2002
  7. Uilmuteiz

Uilmuteiz RSA Emeritus star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    Weapons purchased in the Exhibit Hall
    Whether real or replicas, must be kept wrapped and then immediately removed from the premises following purchase.

But Uilmuteiz, Why is it you so desperately want to have your room right next to the Convention Center..

There you go.

Not that they can tell wether or not it is a lightsaber prop I'm carrying in this huge bag of stuff from the exhibit hall, but heck the huge bag of stuff is still a nuisance when I want to go see a panel.

It's a good thing they keep good hours for the inspections, most of us we'll be able to have our "weapons" tagged before the convention opens.

For the first time in a long time, GenCon scores a point.

Congrats :D

8. OBIX1

OBIX1 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 7, 2002
    Man,I'm glad they posted that. I forgot all about weapons tagging. I'll be wearing my metal Lightsaber hilt,so I'll have to remember to get it cleared. :)

9. Cor-AlGelkar

Cor-AlGelkar Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 18, 2003
    My Padawan-son will definitely be there on Saturday

10. robertyodarugenstein

robertyodarugenstein Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2002
    Now i'm going to the Celebration at CIII as Indiana Jones. And going as Indy I now wonder if they will let me bring in my bull wip.

11. Bruno_Fett

Bruno_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2002
    going as Indy

Interesting, I cant wait to see someone all dressed up as a state, did you hand stitch all the rivers on yourself?

12. CarolynNC

Mar 29, 2002
    Well, if they continue to post updates only on Monday through Friday then we?ve got 13 more days of updates to come. I figure we?ll see the following stories:

1- C3 merchandise
    2- fan stage
    3- kids room
    4- archive exhibit
    5- fan club lounge activities
    6- C3 printed collectible program

Mary also mentioned in her chat to look for her ?Insiders? Guide to Celebration III? for each day of the con. All together that gives us 10 more updates. Hopefully they?ll fill in with some interesting panel information.

So much to do. Running out of time!

Oh...and hush Bruno! :D

13. brokenyolk

brokenyolk Jedi Youngling star 2

May 10, 2002
    Let's all hope for one more big guest to be named. [face_praying] Probably attending one day only or something like that. I still have hope they're holding back and I'll be pretty disappointed if they don't announce someone else.

...although a quick glance at last years announcements schedule and the big names were out there already... dang.

Oh well - at the very least maybe they'll add Trisha Biggar and/or Ben Burtt...

14. Bruno_Fett

Mar 31, 2002
    While I was sitting here hushing myself, I noticed it had been so long since they anounced any new news about CIII it has been bumped to the second page.

15. CarolynNC

Mar 29, 2002
  16. Shinar

Shinar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2002
    For the first time in a long time, GenCon scores a point.

Seems communistic to me. I'd love to know what they are so scared of that they want lightsabers and stuff tagged :rolleyes:

17. OBIX1

Oct 7, 2002
    "I figure we?ll see the following stories:
    1- C3 merchandise"

That's the one I'm waiting for. :D

18. CarolynNC

Mar 29, 2002
    That's the one I'm waiting for.

Me too! I think information is coming out slower than it did for C3. I hope there will be an increase in postings soon. I'm an information junkie and I need regular fixes! :)

19. OBIX1

Oct 7, 2002
    "Me too! I think information is coming out slower than it did for C3. I hope there will be an increase in postings soon. I'm an information junkie and I need regular fixes!"

Same here! I really need this info so I can keep planning! Btw,the reason I want a merchandise anouncment too is because I'm just praying they'll have the cardboard standups for sale this time. I want a ROTS Obi-Wan one to go with my AOTC one. :D

20. Bruno_Fett

Mar 31, 2002
    creative force

NOW THAT IS WHAT I CALL AN UPDATE. Bout time in my opinion, I am a little surprised they clumped them all together like that, it was quite a nice anouncement with alot of exciting stuff in it.

Ok back to Hushing

21. CarolynNC

Mar 29, 2002
    Ok back to Hushing

okay, okay...I'm sorry. :_|

22. CarolynNC

Mar 29, 2002
    I'm just praying they'll have the cardboard standups for sale this time.

I know they had lots of them for sale at C2 but I don't remember them announcing it before hand. I'm thinking they just announced the exclusive merchandise.

I do remember they sold out pretty quickly last time. Of course most everything sold out quickly.

23. OBIX1

Oct 7, 2002
    "I know they had lots of them for sale at C2 but I don't remember them announcing it before hand. I'm thinking they just announced the exclusive merchandise."

Oh cool! I didn't have the internet yet at the time of C2,so I thought maybe the had anounced them ahead of time. But that's cool if they don't. I just hope they sell them! :)

"I do remember they sold out pretty quickly last time. Of course most everything sold out quickly."

Yeah,they went very quickly last time. I never did get one there,but I was able to get ahold of one later that year,so it worked out good. :)

24. OBIX1

Oct 7, 2002
    http://www.lifesizestandups.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=lifesizestandups&Category_Code=EPIII

^Yeah baby! At least now I know they made them this time. I just hope they make an Obi-Wan one. [face_dancing]

25. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    On the information packet I got in the mail with my badges, it does say that there will be an archives at C III, but it hasn't been officially announced yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.