main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA URGENT: SAC CON UPDATES AND ROLL CALL

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Deadpool, Mar 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord_Darth_Vader

Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2001
    sucks to hear that bro. I may be in the same boat. The flu has almost disappeared, but the havoc it caused is still present. I may have to go in for a medical procedure this weekend if the hardware in my back doesn't quit fighting with itself. As far as the flu is concerned, I would be a sure thing for Sunday, but with the pain left behind, I am a maybe at the moment. Hopefully, it will calm down in the next day or so.

Either way, I am happy for all the response given about Sunday. I am also trying to edit the Wondercon filming (between bedrest and the ability to sit upright) I want to get it finished so everyone can see it. Bith_Lord, I am not editing yours at all, nor Deadpools, you guys gave some "interesting" answers. ;)

2. JediDarkNight

JediDarkNight Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 24, 2005
    Very well put Tionne! Right on! (Yes, Jedi Dark Night is back from the world of the dead cyberspace geeks! For some reason my other browser has locked me out of the forums so I have to use my old browser to make contact with Rogue Force for the time being. My apologies to everyone for not contributing to dealing with the issue of our table at Sac Con.) Your right, it's not about the material possessions that brings the group together and keeps it alive; it's about the group itself, and so the family; being togther based on a common interest, which is Star Wars, an epic that speaks about team values in all the films.

I can be at the Con by between 10 and 10:30 to help staff the table. However, at about ten to or five to 11, I'll have to leave for a while because I'm meeting some of the friends from the Fantastic Frontiers group for lunch. But I should be able to get back around 1 or 1:30 to help out some more. So see you all there!

--Jedi Dark Night

3. PadawanBeldaPinik

PadawanBeldaPinik Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 23, 2005
    Matt and I will be there but we will be a little late say around 9:45 due to the buses. I look foward to seeing you all there!

4. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    I'm sorry I could only stay a short while today, but it looked like you had everything under control while I was otherwise occupied with my duties to the empire. ;)
    I hope everyone had a good time!

5. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    Sorry I missed it. I have received a couple of reporta already and it sounds as if the the SVRF represented beautifully.

Thank you to Rogue 17 (avalyn07) for making the trip up north to get the banner and other material. I really hope Rogue 17 liked the tour of the collection. She is the first Rogue to see the infamous LDV collection. ;)

6. Scottrooper

Scottrooper Jedi Youngling

Feb 5, 2006
    It was very nice to meet you guys today Rogues! You folks set up an excellent table, made the 501st table look pretty lame :) See ya'll next time :)

Scott Simpson
    CO Central California Garrison
    501st Legion

7. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    Yes, I am very proud of my Rogues. :D Sorry I missed meeting you today Scott. If you would like, our next meeting looks like it will be March 25th. You are more than welcome to join us for some pizza and good company.

8. Deadpool

Deadpool Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    *after taking a slight detour...I'm back (jump for joy here)

The con went well. they had us in a odd spot but I think we did fine with the hand dealt. (More of a traffic flow problem then anything)

The con is stil growing and seems more and more people attend each time so it can only get better.

Once we get the picture thing going I think we'll have more attention drawn to us, people want to be interactive and we can offer more of that.

We live We learn We march on.

9. qui-gundi_15

qui-gundi_15 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2003
    so wheres all the pics huh?

10. TaintedJedi

TaintedJedi Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2004
    OMG

-breaking news!-

Big rawk star AJ is NOT dead!

-news at 11-

-TJ

11. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    Very nice to see Qui-Gundi is still around. ;)

12. AuntBeruLars

AuntBeruLars Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 5, 2006
    I took pictures that I will put on a disc for LDV. Hopefully, I will have time before the Mar 25th meeting.

I'm sorry that I have neglected checking the site this week. I usually read every day. But, I have been a bit pre-occupied.

Two F-2 tornadoes hit Springfield, IL last Sunday night (where I am from and my family still lives). The whole city was without power. My nephew said that the village of Jerome (where my 77 yr old mother, one of my sister's, and my nephew and his family live) looked like a war zone. Only minor damage to their homes, and more importantly, no one was injured....just quite shook up.

My mother has a leaking roof (a branch was driven right down into the roof of her house). The storm ripped the siding off the back of my sister's home and tore the electrical box off the house and tossed it into the yard. Her neighbor's garage (right behind her back yard) was totally obliterated. :eek:

Whew! I have lots of amazing stories to tell. Better not miss the meeting on the 25th. :p

13. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    Totally understandable. Family comes first. Our very own LDV has twister stories firsthand, so I know how scary it can be to know someone in the path.

14. PadawanBeldaPinik

PadawanBeldaPinik Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 23, 2005
    I aggree! Family first! I have never been through a real Tornado. I will be looking foward to the next meeting. Matt and I will keep your Family in our preyers. TTYS!

15. AuntBeruLars

AuntBeruLars Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 5, 2006
    Okay, the pictures I took at the Sac-Con have been put on a CD. I gave it to Darth Di Kum to give to our illustrious leader.....err, I mean to LDV. :p

16. Avalyn07

Avalyn07 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2005
    Sorry about the picts.

I caught a nasty cold and I was out of it.

I will be bringing them to the meeting.

Our expert computer Rogues can put them up on the site.:)

17. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    "illustrious" sounds about right. ;) Heh heh heh

I will take possession of all pics at the meeting, thank you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.