Rumor Vader-ish person spotted at Pinewood

Discussion in 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens - Spoilers Allowed' started by robo_obi, Jul 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robo_obi Force Ghost

star 4
    So Philip Bloom (UK based photographer and filmmaker who has a history of working with Lucasfilm, I think he worked on Red Tails) just posted a link to this story on his Facebook page

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10152156555435426&substory_index=0&id=177852000425

I won't post the whole thing as it's quite long, but essentially he talks about a conversation he had with someone who works at pinewood (while at pinewood himself) who "almost ran over the chappy who wears black in all the films" the other day

Sounds like Philip couldn't many more specifics out of him (the other guy sounded a bit uninformed about the whole thing to be honest) other than he was dressed in black and had a helmet he wasn't wearing.

Philip can get a bit creative in his writing at times and does often like a joke, but he's a trustworthy guy and I don't see this as something he's making up.

So....

is it Vader?
    Is it someone wearing Vader-ish armour? A new sith perhaps...
    Is the guy he was talking to just a bit confused?

You decide.
    Immortiss and CaptainMorgan2013 like this.
  2. Seagoat Force Ghost

star 4
    Or it's an enthusiastic cosplayer
  3. markdeez Force Ghost

star 3
  4. Satipo Force Ghost

star 4
    I could see Vader in a Dagobah cave-style vision. Maybe it was just someone else in a black costume.
  5. robo_obi Force Ghost

star 4
    yeah thats my thinking too, the guy he was talking to didnt sound overly familiar with star wars...

could have been one of these black and chrome stormies we've been hearing about...
  6. solo77 Force Ghost

star 5
    Just what they need, another accident on set :p
  7. RobShanti Force Ghost

star 3
    I don't believe a word of it. The dialogue of the friend who tells the reporter the story sounds too contrived, especially the part where he says, "He heard me shout out though as thankfully he wasn't wearing the big helmet he had in his hand," as if to differentiate Vader from every other person in Star Wars who wears black. Who talks like that? Come on.

Either the reporter is making this up, or his friend from Pinewood was messing with him. "Is that his name?" Come on. My MOTHER knows who Darth Vader is.
    Last edited by RobShanti, Jul 30, 2014
  8. chris hayes Jedi Grand Master

star 4
  9. robo_obi Force Ghost

star 4
    he's not a reporter, he's a filmmaker ( his website ) and to me it sounds like his friend is of the "slightly old, works at pinewood, see's a lot of productions come and go doesn't get invested in them" variety and that he doesn't have a lot of knowledge about star wars.

I don't for a second think Philip's making it up (well...except for the part where he killed him...) but the exact nature of what the friend saw is the problem. I'm not saying I think it's Vader (because I don't), I just thought in this down period of rumours it was at least something to try and discuss.

I'm guessing he either saw black stormies, or maybe even Adam Driver?...come to think of it...has anyone even seen Adam Driver in England lately?
  10. Kraven Head Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    Not to throw any gas on this rumour, but within the week of the ST announcement, a Disney exec was quoted stating Vader would be in the ST.

From a marketing perspective, it makes sense as Vader is the most marketable character in the Saga. Personally I would love for Vader to be back, as long as the storyline makes sense... however, my gut tells me some Vader (followers, worshipers, fan club) will don the suit
    Last edited by Kraven Head, Jul 30, 2014
  11. TK327 Chosen One

star 4
    Last edited by TK327, Jul 30, 2014
    Trebor Sabreon and Immortiss like this.
  12. Darth_Downunder Chosen One

star 5
  13. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    I highly doubt it was actually Vader. From experience in the 501st, if anyone is wearing black and a helmet, you WILL be called Darth Vader at some point. People know the name and that he is the main villain, they may just be a little sketchy with the details of his costume. If this guy's source wasn't too knowledgeable about Star Wars in the first place, I can certainly see him making this same mistake.
  14. CaptainMorgan2013 Jedi Master

star 1
    I posted this in the "Who's The Baddie?" Thread back on Jan 5, 2014, and it looks like my speculation may turn out to be true!

15. STARBOB Force Ghost

star 4
    If your a true master villain, you need your own identity, not a cheap copycat of some else. That's just my opinion.
  16. jedinightwing Force Ghost

star 3
    It's either false, one of the new dark armored troops, or maybe there's a character posing as Vader in the movie (Since the only person with eyewitness testimony that Vader died is Luke and why would the Empire believe him. Last thing anyone else saw was Luke dragging Vader to the shuttle. And Theatricality and deception can go a long ways.)
    Last edited by jedinightwing, Jul 30, 2014
  17. Han Shandy Jedi Padawan

Could be one of the supposed black-clad imperials. It was reported that they had helmets that flared out and Vader-like masks.
  18. Darth Punk Force Ghost

star 4
    "almost ran over the chappy who wears black in all the films" the other day

surely everyone knows his name?
    Dak Oolron likes this.
  19. Qui-Riv-Brid Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    I think that a vision of Vader is entirely possible.

Though who that would apply to I don't know as Luke destroyed Vader and brought Anakin back.
  20. A Chorus of Disapproval New Films Riot Deterrent

Manager
    star 7
    It was probably Garindan...
    thejeditraitor and Krueger like this.
  21. Darth Punk Force Ghost

star 4
    maybe dave prowse is working the crossing
    [IMG]
    Last edited by Darth Punk, Jul 30, 2014
  22. CaptainMorgan2013 Jedi Master

star 1
    Agreed!

If the rumors are right where nobody has seen Luke since the end of ROTJ and the Empire still exists, then perhaps there is someone (an Inquisitor?) who dons the suit and mask to carry on as the new head of the Empire?

Kinda like the Dread Pirate Roberts in The Princess Bride who, according to Westley, stated:

"The name was the important thing for inspiring the necessary fear."
    jedinightwing and TooMuchBBQ like this.
  23. Primetime_Jedi Force Ghost

star 4
    Wow, I'm beginning to think "Darth Vader" wasn't the best name choice back in '77. "The chappy who wears black" would have been much better! George you missed it. :p (Someone use that as their handle now...)
  24. Darth Punk Force Ghost

star 4
    can't like that enough
  25. STARBOB Force Ghost

star 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.