main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Video Output Monitor

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by GeneralSkywalker, Feb 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeneralSkywalker

GeneralSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2002
    I was wondering if there was a way to hook up like a 13 in. tv to see what you're working on in Premiere or AE. I was thinking something like firewire to cam the rca cord from cam to tv. But my 13 in. doesnt have composite imputs.

Can anybody help me out?

2. Chris_F

Chris_F Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2003
    It doesn't have composite imputs? It must be very old or very new. ;) What does it have?

3. GeneralSkywalker

Dec 30, 2002
    RF I think its called. The one plug. Its a 19 in. Symphonic from April 2001.

Edit:This will suck if I can't cuz we have 13 inchers at school and this 19 would be perfect.

4. Chris_F

May 8, 2003
    It's time for you to go to the Shack. Radio Shack that is. Just ask for a man named RF Modulator. Tell him I sent ya. ;)

5. FigChrystie

FigChrystie Jedi Youngling star 4

Jan 12, 2004
    :Does damn good Marvin the Martian impression: Someone has stolen my RF Modulator!

6. GeneralSkywalker

Dec 30, 2002
    Well I found This site. If I used this and connected a cable from my 's-video out' on the video card to the converter and then connected a coax cable from the converter to coax plug on tv, would it then output the video signal to both pc monitor and tv?

7. Chris_F

May 8, 2003
    *Item not found*

8. Jamball

Jamball Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 6, 2004
    I think it would just make your t.v. like another monitor. If you use firewire, I think you can just leave your camera pluged into Premier from firewire then run your rca's out to your tv to see the picture. Not sure if it'll work, but it might.

--Jamball

9. GeneralSkywalker

Dec 30, 2002
    ^^ But my tv doesnt have rca. Only coaxial.

10. Jamball

Feb 6, 2004
    If you have a VCR, then you can go into you VCR with the RCA then from the VCR to the TV with a Co-ax.

--Jamball

11. GeneralSkywalker

Dec 30, 2002
    Sounds good. Will the video quality lack due to going through the vcr or will it not make a big enough difference to be seen?

12. Jamball

Feb 6, 2004
    It shouldn't. You only get bad quality when record to the limited abilities of tape.

--Jamball

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.