main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Voices of the Past

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Mekial, Feb 14, 1999.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    I can hear the wind singing already:

"Hey, ho, blow the man down!"

You know, I don't remember seeing any freight trains on Coruscant the last time I was there. How does Obi-Wan know what such a thing is? (Minor quibble.)

2. Knight Obi Wan

Knight Obi Wan Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 17, 1999
    poor Obi Wan....but I know that he and the Force will conquer in the end.....but even knowing that.....::squeak:: what's going to happen??

3. Mekial

Mekial Jedi Master star 1

Dec 9, 1999
    Jane Jinn- Obi-Wan may not have heard trains on Coruscant before. But, being a Jedi, he's traveled to several different planets and has heard them there. Does that answer your question?

4. Jane Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    Of course. Why didn't I think of that? Now where's the rest of the story?

5. Maija Darklighter

Maija Darklighter Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 3, 2000
    Great story!
    Now what of Obi-wan and the tonadoes? Post please!

6. Jedi Tamara

Jedi Tamara Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 25, 1999
    I've got a quibble: Obi-Wan has lots of training with using the Force to see (i.e., lightsaber duels with blindfolds, etc.) so why is he having so much trouble figuring out how to use the Force to sense objects?

7. Knight Obi Wan

Knight Obi Wan Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 17, 1999
    While I cannot speak for the author, I imagine that Obi Wan would have to take some time to get used to not using his eyes. Despite being adept at the Force, humans are sight oriented creatures. The loss of sight is not one that I imagine you can adjust to at the flip of a coin. Obi Wan has had to experiment to find out how to use the Force to "see." It's not something that anyone would be able to show him I would think, plus, there's more to the endevor if he does it himself. Just my humble opinion

8. Maija Darklighter

Maija Darklighter Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 3, 2000
    Obi-Wan vs. Tornado? Can't miss it. Please post soon

9. Mekial

Dec 9, 1999
    Jedi Tamara-Knight Obi-Wan is very right in his assumption. It does take time to adjust to being blind, even for a Jedi. Also, I don't know if I've made it very clear, but Obi-Wan is fourteen in this story. He's just started his adventures as a Jedi Padawan. He doesn't have the full grasp of the force yet. Does that answer your question?

10. Mekial

Dec 9, 1999
    Obi-Wan awoke. He could feel movement under him. There were people shouting all around him. He was extremly confused. What was going on here? And why did he hurt all over?

"His blood pressure is dropping."

"Give a him a dose of Elimine."

"Right."

He felt a quick pain in his right arm.

"Done."

"How's his side?"

"The bleeding has stopped, but he lost a lot of blood. We may need to give a transfusion."

"Right. Blood type?"

"No I.D. found on him, Doctor. We'll do a quick check."

Someone lifted his finger and he felt a prick.

"Type B."

"Got any on hand?"

"We should. It's a common blood type."

"Ready it. We may need it during surgery."

Surgery? NO. No that! He tried to protest, but his voice didn't seem to work. The movement under him stopped. He heard shuffling around him.

"Put him under."

Put him under? NO! They were going to kill him! He was going to die! NO! Why? What was happening? What...

He felt another quick pain in his arm? What was that? Poison? NO!

He felt it seep into his veins. He fought against it, but in his weakened state he couldn't do much. He suddenly felt sleepy. Is that what the poison did? Make you sleep...forever?

He didn't have time to answer the question. He started to drift off. He was getting very woozy. Goodbye hands. Goodbye arms. Goodbye legs. I'm going bye-bye. These peoples are killing me with sleeping potion. Bye Bye. I'll miss you.

With that, he drifted off into what he thought was eternal sleep.

Sorry to leave you with such a confusing post, but that's all I have written.

11. Jane Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    "Put him under." Six feet under? Did the tornade smash Obi-Wan into a tree or something? Or was it really a freight train and did Obi-Wan get hit by it? I'm glad he's alive, anyway, so you can torture him some more with that Voice of the Past. This post wasn't confusing at all, but another one would be greatly appreciated anyway.

[This message has been edited by Jane Jinn (edited 02-07-2000).]

12. Jedi Tamara

Jedi Tamara Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 25, 1999
    Mekial -- Yes, it does. Thanks.

Your last post was a great way to pick up the story (and it wasn't any more confusing than it should have been -- after all, Obi-Wan was only about half-conscious). Keep 'em coming!

13. Jedi Speewwy

Jedi Speewwy Jedi Master star 5

Dec 24, 1999
    WHAT HAPPENS?!

14. Ty-gon Jinn

Ty-gon Jinn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 12, 2000
    I found this on p. 4! UP!

15. Hiroko01

Hiroko01 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 14, 1998
    I believe "put him under" refers to anesthesia, dear fellow readers.

16. Ty-gon Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    Darth Frodo-
    How about Forum9/001666.htmlmine ?

17. Mekial

Dec 9, 1999
    Okay, A little self-promo here. I thank you for reading this, Darth Frodo. If you like this fic, I have two others you may or may not be interested in. I can't figure out how to do links, so...

Lightsabers and Baby Bottles- A young Obi-Wan Kenobi Fan-Fic

Immortality-A JA Fan-fic from Mekial and Jedi Chikara

18. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

JediKnight-Obi-Wan Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 13, 2000
    Your torturing us!! What happens to him!!!
    I mean its really torturing me because I live in Tornadoe alley so I can relate about the tornadoe issue. I mean just tonight we had storms move through here that had Tornadoe potential. POST POST POST!!!

19. Ty-gon Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    JediKnight Obi-wan-
    Mekial and I live in Tornado Alley as well!
    Come on, Mekial, don't leave us hanging!

20. Jim

Jim Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 8, 1998
    ...resurrecting this one too. Some great material in this thread...

21. Jedi Speewwy

Jedi Speewwy Jedi Master star 5

Dec 24, 1999
  22. Mekial

Dec 9, 1999
    Okay, here it is, a new post! Thank all you guys for being so patient with me!And a special thanks to Jane Jinn and Ty-gon Jinn for bugging me about posting more on this fan-fic.

Also, this is a very iffy post, so please respond!

"Obi-Wan! He's waking up!"

Huh? What? Who called my name? Who's waking up?

He lifted his head, but a razor sharp bolt of pain shot through him. "Ow!"

"I wouldn't do that."

A voice. A female's. A young female.

"Hey, didn't anyone ever tell you not to tangle with a twister?"

He shook his head, or tired to. The girl groaned. "Generally, when you get a concussion, you don't shake your head." She chuckled. "Unless, of course, you happen to enjoy excrutiating pain?"

It was Obi-Wan's turn to groan. His hand went to his head. He winced. It hurt. He felt something warm on it, and brought his hand to his nose. He took and deep breath...and just about gagged.

The girl sighed. " You moved too much and now it's bleeding. Wine, bring some more aniseptic and a fresh bandage for the gentleman who thinks he can ride a twister."

Obi-Wan heard metal footsteps as a droid got closer, and started to remove the bandages from his head. The medic droid was none too gentle, but Obi-Wan did manage to keep from screaming.

"Thanks, Y-9. You can leave now. But come check up on him again in a couple of hours."

She directed her attention back to Obi-Wan. "You got a name?"

"Obi-Wan Kenobi."

"Nuh-uh. You're joking." she said, sounding a little surprised.

He started to nod, but caught himself. "Not joking. Thats my name."

"Well, then, Obi-Wan, it's nice to meet you. My name is Obi-Wan Lecoiten."

Now it was Obi-Wan Kenobi's turn to be surprised. "Wow. I never expected to meet another Obi-Wan." She didn't reply.

"Obi-Wan?" he said.

"Obi-Wan?"

"You can't see, can you." she said, sounding afraid to touch on the subject. "I was waving my hand in front of you the whole time."

He nodded, ignoring the pain that still rocked him.

"Hmmm...I didn't know you can be a Jedi and be blind."

He smiled. " It's possible."

"Obi-Wan?"

"Yes?" two voices answered.

Both Obi-Wans laughed.

"You're talking to me, aren't you, Qerie?"

"Um, yeah." Qerie said, a little confused. "He's an Obi too?"

"Yes."

"This is going to be confusing." he paused. "We found out where he's from. Murray picked him up on Coruscant."

The female Obi-Wan sighed. "Obi-Wan, how did you get forced into going with Murray?"

Obi-Wan was confused. "I needed to come here, and he offered me a ride."

"And you took it?"

"Yeah. He's a nice old man. What wrong with accepting a ride with him?"

Qerie giggled.

"You mean you accepted a ride with Murray? No way. No one is that dumb."

"What are you talking about?"

"Murray is one of the most feared slave traders in the galaxy. He kidnaps kids. No one has been able to catch him yet. And you accepted a ride with him." She sounded exasperated.

Obi-Wan was surprised. "You mean...? Why'd he dump me, then?"

"Because, Corulag is well known for it's intense twisters. He must have seen that one coming and dumped you. It's a bit of a walk from his landing port to the city. He wouldn't risk carrying you. It'd be too slow. So he just dumped you. According to him, no slave is worth risking your life over.

"But I'm not a slave!" he protested.

"Obi-Wan!" Qerie said. "None of us choose to be slaves."

"Um, which Obi-Wan were you addressing?"

Qerie sighed. "This is going to be a problem. We have got to find a nickname or something so we call one of you without the other one answering."

The three thought for awhile.

"I know!" Qeire said, obviously excited. "Obi and Wan."

"No, too hard to remember."

"Ok! I got it this time! Obi-Wan Kenobi, we'll call you Ken. And Obi-Wan Lecoiten, we'll call you Coit. That okay with you two?"

"Sounds fine to me, what do you think, Ken?" Coit asked.

He grinned. "Sounds f...."

Ping

Ping

Ping

BOOM

He a felt a fast movement.

"THE CORLAGIANS!" Coit screamed. "They're attacking. I've gotta get down there! Come on, Qerie."

Obi-Wan started to get up, but Coit's hand stop

23. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

JediKnight-Obi-Wan Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 13, 2000
    Yes MORE MORE MORE. This is very interesting.
    Yes....ohhh twisters....hmmm. Cool

24. Jane Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    HOORAY! A post! My heart (which is the only part of me that can dance) is doing the Little Jedi Jig of Joy! Great stuff! I like the idea of having another Obi-Wan and the mix-up that ensues. But did I understand correctly that the other people are slaves? "None of us chooses to be a slave?" And is Obi-Wan going to be one, too, or not? (Good possibilities for Obi-Torture there!) And what's going to happen next? And when's the next post coming? I hope we don't have to wait weeks for it!

25. Geoff Morton

Geoff Morton Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 18, 1998
    Boy, does this bring up fond memories of times long gone...

Kinda miss the old campaign... haven't gamed in six months, and GMed since last May... fanfic and non Star Wars stories took my time...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.