main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:WA WA News for April

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by SWNZ, Apr 8, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SoulKrusher

SoulKrusher Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 25, 2000
    Yeah same here, it took fanforce to get me started. I think it was the fact that I knew their would be fellow Australians or even Perth people around instead of those annoying .........

2. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    :) I know what you mean.
    The main reason I never stuck around on the JC forums was because there seemed to be a bit too much bickering for my liking. Not that the newsgroups were any better but at least there were less poeple there, so I knew which people to avoid tangling with.

3. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    It was flame city (and still is to an extent) so you had to be real careful when starting out. Most people learnt the hard the way.

4. mutley

mutley Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 1998
    The original JC was made up of an inner core, very hard to become accepted into it.

After the first trailer it went really bad, with flaming and name-calling everywhere. That's when I started to look at the FF area. I read most of your posts on the old board long before I started to post there.

5. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    I lurked in the JC forums when they first began but I never posted. There just seemed to be a real haughty, stuck-up attitude so I never went back. As a result I was rather aprehensive about us merging with the JC forums since the feel on Fanforce was much friendlier.
    As it turns out, the merge hasn't had any major effects. From the few times I've ventured into the other forums I don't think they've changed a whole lot, but for the most part, the fanforce and JC forums still seem mostly separate. Some JC old timers have become regulars in fanforce and have fit in well. I'm sure the same has hapenned in reverse too, but these forums keep me busy enough.

6. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    I agree, there's enough to keep me occupied around here with out venturing out. Although I do occasionally to see how's things are going.

7. mutley

mutley Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 1998
    It's madness I tell you.....Madness!!!! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.