main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Waffle traditions

Discussion in 'Pancakes and Waffles Forum' started by Lexi_Mayn, May 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lexi_Mayn

Lexi_Mayn Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 2, 2011
    My husband and I started a tradition while we were dating that we'd make waffles with (chocolate chip) ice cream for each other on our birthdays. Yay waffles.

Anyone else have any waffle-related traditions? Pancake traditions are also welcome, of course.

Obi-Waffles was in my sig before I found this forum. It amuses me. I am amused.

2. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    My wife and I also have a waffle tradition. We eat them regularly. :p

As far as any unique variation, I tend to get them with whipped cream and bananas or vanilla ice cream and bananas.

3. SK_Skywalker

SK_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 1

May 30, 2011
    have you ever tried them with strawberry syrup whipped cream and berries????

its like a fruity paradise.

4. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    In fact, I have. And, just recently tried them with mango. It was glorious. Glorious, I say.

5. Nadia-Oomia

Nadia-Oomia Jedi Master star 4

Jan 4, 2009
    We have one!!!

My mom started this tradition unintentionally quite a few years ago. Whenever it was someones birthday she would make a huge breakfast (Including waffles) with a homemade syrup of the birthday girl/boy's choice

I love my mom [face_love]

I plan to continue this tradition when I move out :)

6. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    Here's another tradition... it's Saturday. Time to go to IHOP. South Philly. Anyone who reads this who is in the area, stop by today and your waffles or pancakes are on me. While I'm still in the restaraunt. Don't bill me when your family of 9 visits for dinner. I'm heading there at 1pm. Out by 3 ish. Depending on my coffee intake.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.