main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson Wake up and smell the Jawa! Good morning Tucson!! (v2.0)

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Dark_Lady_Jada, Jun 21, 2005.

1. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dark_Lady_Jada Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 2004
    The old version of this was locked and now that we have a bunch of coffee freaks in the Old Pueblo we need a new version.

Opps? Did I saw Jawa instead of Java? [face_devil] :p

2. Jamesmorbidia

Jamesmorbidia Jedi Youngling star 1

May 16, 2005
    MMM... mine is brewing up right now. He keeps screaming but I figure that will stop soon [face_coffee]

3. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    [face_coffee] I missed mine :_| had to run to a friend's house this morning to babysit his baby boy.. kids are bored and fiance is bored.. he was gonna paint and no paint to be found.. oh well.. think I am gonna raid the cabinet for the pure kona.. not my senseo.. but the next best thing..... so kewl.. this will be our chat lounge.. nice to have one.. I actually never thought of making one.. I have to say my son was overjoyed yesterday.. he had such a great time and expressed how much he wants to keep talking with all of us about Star Wars.. I have to say.. thank all of you for including him in the conversation even when he was slow on the uptake and occasionally flat on the comments.. he so passionately loves star wars and his dad hates it so.. so this is awesome for him.

4. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dec 7, 2004
    Hey, it is great to have kids involved.

This used to be the chat house about a year ago but instead of unlocking the old one I thought this one could be a bran new beginning . . . opps bran, that's a morning thing :p

All this reminds me I'm going to need to get more French Vanilla.

And James [face_shame_on_you] no brewing the younglings :p ;)

5. Jamesmorbidia

May 16, 2005
    hehe no the older jawas have a much more robust flavor [face_devil]

6. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dec 7, 2004
    I need the YIM double laugh thingy [face_laugh]

OK, is is hot or what? And the wind! I had a bunch of tumbleweed attack my car. I swear tumbleweed is sentient. If I was a cartoon artist I'd make a comic strip about tumbleweed.

TW1: Ok ok ok, ones coming, everybody get ready. One . . . two . . . three! Charge!!!!!

*a mass of tumbleweed comes pelting into an innocent passenger car making the driver slam on the brakes. The driver gets out, finds a piece or two under the car and removes it swearing at it and shaking a fist. The driver gets back in the car to continue."

All TW: laughing

TW1: WoooooWEeee! That sure was fun! [face_dancing]

7. Jamesmorbidia

May 16, 2005
    hehe yea theres lots of stuff I think are like that, same with the flying dust devil. If you are wearing the good clothes and/or have wet hair it will change direction mid course to intercept and run into you. [face_worried]

8. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    my son is now officially logged in with character on SW Galaxies.. he is ecstatic.. and his character actually looks quite a lot like him.. just a bit older.. I am jealouse.. but if I get on there I may not ever get off.

9. Jamesmorbidia

May 16, 2005
    yes Im avoiding it like the plague. I heat its sirens call every time my friend sends me screen shots. :_|

10. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dec 7, 2004
    Like I said at the meeting, I lost quite a few friends to Galaxies :_|

Being my life is the way it is I walked out to get some more coffee this morning to find that I had a bird in my house :eek:

Since I used to live in a barn (converted albeit rustic) I am well versed at getting birds to get out of the house but the dog was amused to have a friend. Alas the bird is gone. Oh well, she can make other friends.

[face_cofffe] [face_tired]

11. Jamesmorbidia

May 16, 2005
    wow master of nature you are. First tumbleweeds then the bird. Its a bad Alfred Hitchcock movie!

12. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    time for my senseo to start whirring [face_coffee] must get caffeine into the blood in order to get to the housework.. but in order to get to the caffeine must walk down the stairs.. and it is a roundrobin to do this.. so that is my bird of the day.. one way first then the other and then back up and around and around. hmm.. okay.. maybe I'm talking square dance and not round robin.. but it sounded good when I started.. either way I just got up and now for my coffee.. does anyone else stay up until about 2am each night. Even our kids do this.. we were swimming at midnight last night.. then finally home and in bed at 2am.. and now only my son is still sleeping.. I think he stayed up later watching CN.

13. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dec 7, 2004
    Nature and I have a unique relationship. It likes me more than I like it. I once kept a bird from dying when it flew into the window and knocked itself out and landed on a customer's table at Westward Look. :eek: [face_bird]

OK, I'm not happy :( The Catalinas are on fire again. [face_plain]

http://www.kgun9.com/news/indiv.asp?id=1361

14. President_Scroob

President_Scroob Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 25, 2003
    It seems as if Arizona is doomed to be burned to the ground?

15. President_Scroob

President_Scroob Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 25, 2003

Whoops, didnt mean to ask that.:p Now if youll excuse me, I have a frappucino id like to chug. mmmmmmmmmmmmm, vanilla.=P~

16. Jamesmorbidia

May 16, 2005
    Sadly 2am is about when I get to go to bed. usualy dont get off work till 1-ish most nights... and on days off I stay up that late to have some time without the munchkin underfoot.

17. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dec 7, 2004
    Munkins, Krispy Kremes and Frappacinos oh my! 8-}

Yes, it does seem like AZ is doomed. I was vacationing in Heber last year during the fire up near Payson. We went into Payson to get groceries and it was raining ash. There was a possibility that we were going to have to drive back town on Route 60.

But then we could have stopped and taken pictures of ourselves at the Top of the World! [face_clown]

18. Jamesmorbidia

May 16, 2005
    uggh I don't want to go to work!! Just not enough hrs in the day, so much to do and so little free time to do it in. Wheres time travel when you need it!

19. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dec 7, 2004
    James I have often pleaded with NASA to stop this silly space travel thing and focus on the real needs of the American people . . . transporters! We need transporters! Then again, I'd be in North Carolina every night if that was the case. ;)

I'm sooooooooooo tired today. [face_tired][face_coffee]

20. LaBelleDameSansMerci

LaBelleDameSansMerci Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2005
    I have consumed so much coffee in the past 24 hours that I may end up going blind!

21. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I was awakened by the sound of a crash..perhaps the builder's next door dropped something off a roof.. or else fell off themselves... but it was so loud I thought my daughter fell down the stairs... thank goodness I don't think anyone got hurt at all...I am going at 4pm to pick up my new kitten. I can't wait. So excited, I picked her out yesterday and she had to be fixed before I could go and get her.

I think I am out a computer for summer.. my kids have taken it over. I still have my coffee though.

For those of you coming over tomorrow.. please excuse the mess upstairs.. downstairs will be fairly uncluttered.. but the upstairs.. it's seen better days.. we still have clutter all over the floor.. the only thing I guess that we need from upstairs is if we want the computer for something.. so perhaps no one will notice [face_shhh]

22. Synsaber

Synsaber Jedi Youngling

Jun 25, 2005
    Gah...coffee. Ick. As for a freshly brewed pot of Jawa...sounds tempting...

23. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dec 7, 2004
    must . . . have . . . coffee . . . tired . . . need . . . caffeine *faints*

24. Jamesmorbidia

May 16, 2005
    OMG How crappy. Im officialy breaking the rules and typing this from the nabors. Rule breaker I am! Seems Friday night my computer is pushing up dasies. I've tryed everything and have a friend that is going to come over and try to play frankenstein and bring it back from the grave. I hope to be back online soon. As for today (Sun) I won't be able to make it.

25. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    haylo! Just checking in.. I got up at 1pm.. attempting to get moving.. by 4pm I will be great!! [face_coffee] :p [face_cow]