main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends "Warped Reflection" [One-shot, post-NJO]

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Thrawn McEwok, Nov 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpeldoriontheBlended

SpeldoriontheBlended Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 12, 2002
    Thrawn: Uh.. what?! [face_thinking]

You post and I don't see it for ages? :p [face_plain] :(

Oh, Commander Horn. I'm already using Captain Horn and both the young Jedi Horns... [face_mischief] :D

:D :p [face_laugh]

You've lost me.

:eek: :D :p [face_mischief]

Sprecht Deutch?

Um...

*Searches for dictionary*

*gives up*

*Babelfishes furiously*

Erm... Ein bist Neun und die Frau von Herr Insel und Zwei bist der Namensvetter von Frau Sternleuchtsignal und der Insektherrscher... [face_worried]

Wedge and Soontir are like Mara and Mirax - "they should never meet"... :D

[face_laugh]

And once they have they'll be best of friends?

Or once they have the universe will instantaneously collapse because two indentical people meet? :p

2. djcati

djcati Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2004
    Oh, dude, I can't say how much I love this.

Grand Admiral Antilles!

I vaguely thought it was Wedge first, then for some reason I thought it was Jag/Jaina, then I just got confused.

Oh, it's brilliant. Very interesting. So strange and yet. . .amusingly possible. Kinda.

And I <3 you for putting Kolot in there. Oh yes.

3. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    Jes': Now that I found this...Nice, Thrawn. Very interesting idea. Have you written a scene where they decide to defect?

I think it would be interesting....

Well, it contains spoilers for other 'fic I'm working on... so, the answer is a tentative, qualified "maybe"...

Blended: You post and I don't see it for ages? :p [face_plain] :(

Whose fault was that, then? :p [face_mischief]

" :D :p [face_laugh]"

Thought you'd like that... :D

Um...

*Searches for dictionary*

*gives up*

*Babelfishes furiously*

Erm... Ein bist Neun und die Frau von Herr Insel und Zwei bist der Namensvetter von Frau Sternleuchtsignal und der Insektherrscher... [face_worried]

Umm, "Neun"? Der Korrelienisch Gauner? Und, aber... "Herr Insel"?! "Insektherrscher"? :-S

I'm starting to think that Gara is a clone of Wyn, though... [face_mischief]

And once they have they'll be best of friends?

Or once they have the universe will instantaneously collapse because two indentical people meet? :p

Nahh, 'Tir is taller. A Douglas rather than a Murray, I think. They'll just... blow things up... :D

cati: Oh, dude, I can't say how much I love this.

Aye ye can... jist patter awa' in dialeck... ye're Weegie, aye? Dinna fash, ah'll muddle oan. Bot, hush an' whisper, lassie - ye ken yer Dana quean dizna like me owermuckle, aye...?

Grand Admiral Antilles!

:D :D

I vaguely thought it was Wedge first, then for some reason I thought it was Jag/Jaina, then I just got confused.

[face_laugh]! You thought J/J and you kept reading?! :eek: Damn, I must have got you confused... :D [face_mischief]

Oh, it's brilliant. Very interesting. So strange and yet. . .amusingly possible. Kinda.

Hmm... [face_thinking]

And I <3 you for putting Kolot in there. Oh yes.

Yub yub!

- The Imperial Ewok

4. djcati

Mar 20, 2004
    Aye ye can... jist patter awa' in dialeck... ye're Weegie, aye? Dinna fash, ah'll muddle oan. Bot, hush an' whisper, lassie - ye ken yer Dana quean dizna like me owermuckle, aye...?

Y'know, what's both amusing and rather sad is that I understood all of that.

Bah. I like your fics, anyway. :p

5. Thrawn McEwok

May 9, 2000
    Y'know, what's both amusing and rather sad is that I understood all of that.

Whatever happened to pride? :p

Bah. I like your fics, anyway. :p

[face_blush] :eek: Thanks! :D :cool:

*notes lack of answer the Jag question* [face_mischief] :D

- The Imperial Ewok

6. djcati

Mar 20, 2004
    pfft

You thought J/J and you kept reading?! shock Damn, I must have got you confused...

Yes, yes you did. :p But hey -- NJO was J/J, and I kept reading that. [face_mischief]

(course, the fact that I was a J/J-er at the time is a tiny insignificant fact that we should simply ignore)

And, sure, why not -- Scottish pride!

. . . isn't that the brand name of some bread, though? o_O;

7. SpeldoriontheBlended

Apr 12, 2002
    Thrawn: Well, it contains spoilers for other 'fic I'm working on... so, the answer is a tentative, qualified "maybe"...

:eek::eek::eek:

[face_plain]

:)

:D

Is this what I think it is? :confused: [face_mischief] :D

Whose fault was that, then? [face_mischief] :p

Yours for never putting anything in your .sig about it? :confused: ;) [face_mischief] :p

Umm, "Neun"? Der Korrelienisch Gauner? Und, aber... "Herr Insel"?! "Insektherrscher"? :-S

Ja. 'Neun' ist der Korrelienisch Gauner mitt das grune Augen. Herr Insel ist das Gauerleiter, und Herr Insektherrscher ist... um... das Figur von Melodies! :D

I'm starting to think that Gara is a clone of Wyn, though... [face_mischief]

[face_laugh]

But which Wyn? :p

Nahh, 'Tir is taller. A Douglas rather than a Murray, I think. They'll just... blow things up... :D

:p

djcati: Y'know, what's both amusing and rather sad is that I understood all of that.

I think it's very worrying indeed that I can probably have a stab at it too... :p

8. Thrawn McEwok

May 9, 2000
    cati: pfft

Pfft?

Pfft.

Yes, yes you did. But hey -- NJO was J/J, and I kept reading that.

It was? Yes, well, blame Mike and Aaron... [face_mischief] :D

I guess you're not old enough to remember the days when Kyp was just an ass, rather than a "bad boy"... :p

(course, the fact that I was a J/J-er at the time is a tiny insignificant fact that we should simply ignore)

Nah... we'll use it to make you wriggle uncomfortably...

And it explains the slightly vindictive and discordant Jag-mocking in your (otherwise excellent) latest 'fic... :p

Hmm...

Jist a wee wheen o' wunnerin' gi' yer no in a tad o' denial oan the metter o' a certain steeff-ersed Sassenach Tory-boy wi' a toy TIE fighter..

Jist a wee wheen suspicion, mind... prabbly naethin'...

*tepps side o' neb*

Dinna fash, though... yer clairty secret is safe wi' me... :D

Hmm... this is a new take on the J/J/K triangle, too... have to think about that one... :D

Gah.

And, sure, why not -- Scottish pride!

. . . isn't that the brand name of some bread, though? o_O;

Pfrt.

Aye, an'...?

Which reminds me. Need to get rolls for lunch.

Blended: Is this what I think it is? :confused: [face_mischief] :D

Dunno. What do you think it is...

Yours for never putting anything in your .sig about it? :confused: ;) [face_mischief] :p

Y'think? [face_thinking] [face_frustrated]

Hmm...

Ja. 'Neun' ist der Korrelienisch Gauner mitt das grune Augen.

Ahh... Gut.

Herr Insel ist das Gauerleiter,

Ahh... ja, ja... :oops:

und Herr Insektherrscher ist... um... das Figur von Melodies!

Der Vorlon? :eek: :p [face_laugh]

But which Wyn? :p

Probably Wyn rather than Syal, inasmuch as (a.) even if he hasn't seen her in years, and she's a clone, how would Wedge not recognize his sister; and (b.) she's leaner and more athletic than the curvy, buxom bomshell that is Baroness Fel...

I think it's very worrying indeed that I can probably have a stab at it too... :p

Ah, awa, yer fra' Hertfordshire - ye'd niver... :p

- The Imperial Ewok

9. SpeldoriontheBlended

Apr 12, 2002
    Thrawn: Jist a wee wheen o' wunnerin' gi' yer no in a tad o' denial oan the metter o' a certain steeff-ersed Sassenach Tory-boy wi' a toy TIE fighter..

Sassenach... well, according to the drinks matt...

'Sassenach (sass-y-nak) sic. Dialect, chiefly Scot. ~n. 1. an Englishman or -woman 2. used by highlanders to describe non-Gaelic speaking Lowlander [from the Gaelic sasunnach, meaning Saxon] 3. someone who actually understands the rules of cricket and mentions 1966 every bloody chance they get (see Jimmy Hill)'

:D

Which reminds me. Need to get rolls for lunch.

[face_laugh]

Dunno. What do you think it is...

I guess it's -

Wait, no. I'm not going to say it, becauser then you might tell me I'm right, and that'd spoil half the fun... :D

Y'think? [face_thinking] [face_frustrated]

Hmm...

Der Vorlon? :eek::p[face_laugh]

*Kopf gegen den Tisch knallen*

Nein! Der groß Korrelienisch mitt der Vater mitt ein elzallergie!

Probably Wyn rather than Syal, inasmuch as (a.) even if he hasn't seen her in years, and she's a clone, how would Wedge not recognize his sister; and (b.) she's leaner and more athletic than the curvy, buxom bomshell that is Baroness Fel...

Ack... you've been reading too much of 'lena's 'fic... :p

Ah, awa, yer fra' Hertfordshire - ye'd niver... :p

Well, i got the 'Dana' bit... :p

I think it comes from reading too much Nac Mac Feegle dialogue... [face_mischief]

10. djcati

Mar 20, 2004
    I guess you're not old enough to remember the days when Kyp was just an ass, rather than a "bad boy"...

hehe. P'raps. P'raps it's nice to eb young and idealistic, though. Not old and cynical. :p

Jist a wee wheen o' wunnerin' gi' yer no in a tad o' denial oan the metter o' a certain steeff-ersed Sassenach Tory-boy wi' a toy TIE fighter..

I'm so going to have to remember that description.

Dinna fash, though... yer clairty secret is safe wi' me...

ah yes. Don't mind me if I'm a little disbelieving. . .I'm probably just being too cynical.

11. Thrawn McEwok

May 9, 2000
    Sassenach... well, according to the drinks matt...

Yep. Though according to urban legend, we cheered when England won the World Cup, too...

Or maybe that was just Edinburgh...

I guess it's -

Wait, no. I'm not going to say it, becauser then you might tell me I'm right, and that'd spoil half the fun... :D

:eek: :D [face_laugh]!

*Kopf gegen den Tisch knallen*

[face_laugh]! And there I was thinking *Kopftisch* was an allusion to obsolescent Egyptian dialects... :p

Nein! Der groß Korrelienisch mitt der Vater mitt ein elzallergie!

"Elzallergie"?! Waß ist ein "elz", Herr Berrliche?

Du bist HeldoriondasBerrliche, ja? :p

Ack... you've been reading too much of 'lena's 'fic... :p

Well, if she'd posted more, I would have... :p

Well, i got the 'Dana' bit... :p

'Tisnae hard, that, thoch... th' disconcertin' bit is when ah lapse fae Edinburru' tae ither pairts o' the ****rie, an' occasionallie intae a sairt o' beishtardizit castillian via Hughie M'Diarmid an' Ally Gray...

The yin o' quho ye waldnae understand, bein' selfconsciouselie dialectical quehn he's no o'er Inglis an aw' genteel an' poeticke, an' a hash-wittit Galwit, an aw' (in the context o' which, awa' an' google "Burns, Rabbie" :p)... an t'ither o' quha ye'r no auld enou' fer the 3et... the quhilk is prabblie ane guid thing...

I think it comes from reading too much Nac Mac Feegle dialogue... [face_mischief]

There is that... :p

cati: hehe. P'raps. P'raps it's nice to eb young and idealistic, though. Not old and cynical. :p

You're a lapsed J/J'er with a thing for Kyp - and you're saying you're idealistic? Innocent, perhaps, but I cannae see "idealistic", except as an act...

Well, actually, I can see "idealistic", but ye'r drawin' a contrast wi' "cynical", which speaks o' an uncynical idealism, an' seems tae contain a sort o' self-authenticatin' frank...

Ye'r affy confusin', lassie...

I'm so going to have to remember that description.

"... shuvvit oop his erse"? :) :p

ah yes. Don't mind me if I'm a little disbelieving. . .I'm probably just being too cynical.

Aye, an ye war sayin'? :D

- The Imperial Ewok

12. djcati

Mar 20, 2004
    Ye'r affy confusin', lassie...

Oh, good. I wouldn't like for people to start understanding me. :p

13. PROPHEToftheCOUNCIL

PROPHEToftheCOUNCIL Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2001
    I've been catching up on my reading, and this one sparked an idea for an offshoot of this story( or I duess setpiece would be the best term ).

Mind I send it off to you? Maybe this could be a "mini-me" version of one of mine or your usual length stories, instead of a one shot?

Prophet

(send me a PM, and we might be able to do some emailing?)

14. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    I'm sooo confused. And yet I don't really care, because it somehow all makes sense. :p I guess I'm not surprised, after reading some of your astounding theories. [face_laugh] I love the idea that they've all defected. Way cool. I'd love even more to know what everyone in the Alliance/Republic is thinking about that. [face_mischief]

And Corran in a Household Phalanx uniform - oooooooh. [face_batting]

15. Thrawn McEwok

May 9, 2000
    cati: Oh, good. I wouldn't like for people to start understanding me. :p

[face_mischief] Nor me! :p

PROPHET: See PM? ;)

JadeSolo: sooo confused. And yet I don't really care, because it somehow all makes sense. :p

:D I hoped people would say that! :cool: [face_blush]

I guess I'm not surprised, after reading some of your astounding theories. [face_laugh]

:p [face_blush] /;) :cool: Shush!! :D [face_laugh]

I love the idea that they've all defected. Way cool. I'd love even more to know what everyone in the Alliance/Republic is thinking about that. [face_mischief]

[face_thinking] o_O ;) :D

And Corran in a Household Phalanx uniform - oooooooh. [face_batting]

:p [face_laugh] Fangirl! :D

Still, anyone with a quote from A Life Less Ordinary in their .sig can't be all bad! :cool: [face_mischief]

- The Imperial Ewok

16. Zonoma

Zonoma Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2005
    ::looks around and stretches::

Much better. Locked topics are so... confining!

I just wanted to let you know how bloody brilliant this thing was. It was even believable! Loved the ewok in the conference room and the presence of Corran and Face. All made a very right feeling. Twisted? No doubt. But it worked.

You should come over and tackle the Twisted Sisters challenge occassionally. The more twisted it is over there, the better.

Thanks for sharing this!

17. Obi-Wandering

Obi-Wandering Jedi Youngling star 1

May 27, 2005
    Whoa!

Thanks for upping this one folks. VERY nicely done Thrawn McEwok. Grand Admiral Antilles...oddly appealing! You totally blindsided me with that one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.