main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Was Palpatine a Jedi??

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Darth-Jedi-Master, Jun 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DS615

DS615 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 30, 2003
    With that requirement, I don't think you'll get an answer!

2. MasterThor

MasterThor Jedi Master star 1

Jun 15, 2005
    http://www.supershadow.com/starwars/jedi_sith.html

That is the history of the Jedi and Sith. Read about it there. It says that Palpatine was named dantius and recruited to become a sith by darth plagius. Simple. I wish you wouldnt call me comments BS.

3. The-D

The-D Jedi Master star 4

May 18, 2005
    ^^^ [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Get out of here with that stuff!!

You spoke too soon DS!!!

4. MasterThor

Jun 15, 2005
    What??????

Doesn't it say everything that needed to be said????

Yes it does. If you read it, It will tell you that Palpatine was never a jedi.

5. The-D

The-D Jedi Master star 4

May 18, 2005
    Have you ever heard the phrase, "You've been Super Shadowed"?

Almost everything posted on his site are lies. He claims to be close personal friends with GL.

He even takes credit for the idea of midicholrians.

I even think it is against to TOS to post SS material on TFN.

6. MasterThor

Jun 15, 2005
    I thought the lies on that site only applied to the plot synopsis. The accual events in that link are very very very close to what is true. I believe them. The only reason why I posted that link was because it proved that Palpaine was never a Jedi. Maybe i was supershadowed, but you have NOT shown me one bit of proof that palpatine WAS a jedi. That link showed you he was. Besides, many people in the same topic said the same thing, and the link agrees with it.

Rise up, what do you think "D"? Was he a Jedi or not???

7. The-D

The-D Jedi Master star 4

May 18, 2005
    Alright Thor.

I'm just trying to help you out. SS is poison. You'd be doing yourself a huge favor to not visit that site.

The reason no one knows if Palpatine was a Jedi or not, is because it has not been printed in any EU (C-level) Cannon material. Everything you hear about any subject that is not canon, is speculation.

Believe all G-level Canon (Everything written by GL himself).

Believe all C-level Canon (SW Novels, Comics (Graphic Novels) until that specific C-level canon is contradicted by G-level canon, then G-level always takes precedent.

8. MasterThor

Jun 15, 2005
    Thanks D, I was just trying to prove my point. And I have heard that SS is a fake site. But it seemed alright to me. Thanks for the warning.

9. Darth-Jedi-Master

Darth-Jedi-Master Jedi Master star 5

Jun 2, 2005
    I don?t think we should focus on weather he is a Jedi or not, because we will never know, plus I really don?t think so, I just wanted to raise the question. How could he live with in the republic with force powers and the Jedi Council could not see it how?

10. Darth_Qui_Gon_Jinn

Darth_Qui_Gon_Jinn Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 8, 2005
    But then you have to keep in mind, what is the text book definition of a "Jedi"? We know that Palpatine also knew the light side, he says so in ROTS. I'm sure the light side is what you learn prior to the dark side, since the dark side is beyond the light side. So at one point, when all Palpatine knew was the light side, it can be said he was a Jedi. Unless you need to be trained by the Official Jedi Counsel and It's Members, Inc.

Is there a specific name for a person who has abilities to use the force and yet was not discovered or trained by the Jedi Temple? I'm sure they existed, they just never developed their powers to become anything significant.

11. Aeneas_Falco

Aeneas_Falco Jedi Youngling star 2

May 19, 2005
    "I just can?t see a Sith Lord training him from birth."

Why not? That is exactly what Palpatine did with his first apprentice, Darth Maul. Sith often train their apprentices from the time they are young, just like the Jedi do.

Palpatine was never a Jedi because no one on the Jedi Council has any idea that he was a force user. If he had been a Jedi Yoda would have trained him when he was a youngling.

12. Darth-Jedi-Master

Darth-Jedi-Master Jedi Master star 5

Jun 2, 2005
    But then you have to keep in mind, what is the text book definition of a "Jedi"? We know that Palpatine also knew the light side, he says so in ROTS. I'm sure the light side is what you learn prior to the dark side, since the dark side is beyond the light side. So at one point, when all Palpatine knew was the light side, it can be said he was a Jedi. Unless you need to be trained by the Official Jedi Counsel and It's Members, Inc.

Is there a specific name for a person who has abilities to use the force and yet was not discovered or trained by the Jedi Temple? I'm sure they existed, they just never developed their powers to become anything significant.

Interesting, I do remember in AOTC, when Padme arrived and her ship was attacked, she told Yoda I thing Count Dukoo is behind this and Mace told her but senator u know Dukoo was once a Jedi, what did he mean once?
    Can u get out of the Jedi order?

13. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    Was Palpatine a Jedi??

Did you even watch the movies??

14. The-D

The-D Jedi Master star 4

May 18, 2005
    "Interesting, I do remember in AOTC, when Padme arrived and her ship was attacked, she told Yoda I thing Count Dukoo is behind this and Mace told her but senator u know Dukoo was once a Jedi, what did he mean once?
    Can u get out of the Jedi order?
    "

Of course you can. The Jedi Order is not a cult. Dooku wasn't even the first to leave. Dooku was part of "The Lost 20". These were 20 Jedi that left the order for personal reasons. Not all of them fell to the darkside, but most of them left the order for reasons concerning the Jedi Council's dealings with a republic that they felt was politically corrupt.

15. HowardFilms

HowardFilms Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 18, 2005
    If Palpatine was a Jedi, the Council would know he had been one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.