main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

We All Hate em, But we must live with them, post your TKer Stories Here

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by NightHunter319, Nov 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NightHunter319

NightHunter319 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 14, 2005
    All good online games have them, they do things from calling down air strikes on you, to shooting a shotgun into your back when your about to get a headshot with your sniper rifle, to just harassing you. These are the stupid yet sometimes lethal Team Killers. This is the place to unleash your anger and hatred opon them, tell us your TKer stories.

2. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    Oh, I thought this thread was going to be about how we like to TK. :p

3. Anakin_Sockwalker

Anakin_Sockwalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2005
    BF2 - Artillery strike on a position were there were a lot of friendlies. The commander TKed a least 12 people. [face_plain]

CS - Team damagers. [face_plain]

DoD - People who walk in front of your firing delpoyed MG so you TK them and they repeatly do this. [face_plain]

Anyways, when I intentionally TK is always during a LAN game. ;)
    Though once on an online game I accidentally knifed away at the VIP to like 50 health because I didn't know FF was on in one game during CS. Luckily, I knew that player in RL. So he wasn't like "**** you!" :p

4. Drew_Atreides

Drew_Atreides Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 30, 2002
    ...eh, honestly sometimes TKing is okay so long as it's for the greater good.

I was playing Battlefront 2 today.. Coruscant level..

I run into the Council chamber.. It's the last CP NOT under our control..

I've got one of my teammates juking and jiving and trying to stay alive against 5 enemies..He's obviously not gonna last long, and then they're coming after me, SO i just opened up and killed EVERYONE. Captured the CP.. 18 seconds later it's VICTORY FOR THE EMPIRE :p

5. Anakin_Sockwalker

Jun 11, 2005
    OMG TK*:

[image=http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c392/anakinsockwalker/TK2.jpg]
    [image=http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c392/anakinsockwalker/TK1.jpg]

[image=http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c392/anakinsockwalker/HL1TK2.jpg]
    [image=http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c392/anakinsockwalker/HL1TK1.jpg]

Actually, the times where I unintentionally TK is like situations like this:

[image=http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c392/anakinsockwalker/NOTK.jpg]

Luckily on this server FF was off. Shooting from opposite sides usually end with a TK. :p

*No real players were harmed or TKed during the makings of these screenshots.

6. BigBossNass1138

BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    Been playing Battlefield 2 lately. I always feel bad when I accidentally TK from turning a corner and squeezing the trigger on reflex. It can be hard to pick the uniforms sometimes, friend or foe, and you just fire instinctively when you see someone running at you down a dark alley. I always feel guilty. :(

7. Sn4tcH

Sn4tcH Jedi Master star 4

Oct 22, 2004
    I feel awful when that happens in most games. But since you mentioned it, I feel bad when I accidently make a bad move with a vehicle full of friends and we end up dead....

8. Kish

Kish Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 12, 2004
    Way back with the first Rainbow 6 me and my best friend would play together online with others. We would be playing from each other's houses, but would be on the phone, so we could talk quickly back and forth.

Anyways, in Rainbow 6, you're name does not appear above your head, so you don't really know who everybody is, even you're own teamates.

When a match would start I would talk to my friend to try and get some clues about which one was him.

I would ask him if he was getting into position behind a car, or what have you.

Meanwhile I would stay at the starting point and try to match the person on the screen with the man on the phone.

Great fun was had.... by me.

But it's okay. Because he was my friend. ;)

9. Thamelion

Thamelion Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 5, 2005
    On BF2 the kamino stormies vs clones level I got 18 TK's by accident as from far away the stormies and clones look the same. Most of my TK's were from turning a corner and shooting everything with a jetpack and ended up slaughtering some of my dark troopers.

10. Anakin_Sockwalker

Jun 11, 2005
    What's even more funny is when I get auto-switched or something and when I turn a corner and there is a friendly, I'll start shooting at him. Then I'll remember that I got auto-switched when I hear a string of profanity. :oops: :p

11. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    I love Tking. Especially right after they spawn and I'll use flash grenandes at my flag post blinding all the defenders and the enemy usually gets in to take the flag. I just say I use it in flag defense to blind the attackers.

12. Anakin_Sockwalker

Jun 11, 2005
    I once jumped a corner and started shooting but a friendly was there, and I probably scared him and he shot back and killed me. :p

13. clonetrooper1

clonetrooper1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 12, 2005
    when i was playing bf2 i just hid in a corner and didn't move (yes i'm a coward)
    then this teammate came in and i paniced and fired the rocket layncher and blew us both up

14. TillTheEndOfTime

TillTheEndOfTime Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 13, 2005
    [image=http://img287.imageshack.us/img287/5294/untitled6lp.gif]

15. JakiChan

JakiChan Jedi Youngling

Apr 13, 2002
    If friendly fire is on, I tend to TK more than I'd like in BF 2 Mos Eisley. I mean if someone is trying to take someone down and sucking and I get in there and start swinging my saber then teammates seem to end up running in to it. The force is clearly not strong with them.

16. Anakin_Sockwalker

Jun 11, 2005
    On FF on servers I notice that grenades tend to kill more friendlies than enemies. :p

17. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    I've got way too many stories involving Halo to count, so I'll skip 'em. I remember quite a few from XWA, when we'd finish a mission, and about 2 seconds later, Homer, Shears and I would immediately open fire on each other.

I just find it more amusing when it happens in WoW :p Find a member of the opposing faction to mind control someone on your side, then you can kill them. We do this to kill off "Chinese farmers" often.

...or pull a Leeroy Jenkins and aggro a large group of mobs into the group. Did that earlier today, accidently.

18. Vader_Sanders

Vader_Sanders Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 3, 2003
    i tk all the time when im bored on battlefield 1942

its hilarious

19. DroidGeneral

DroidGeneral Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    Sometimes its fun to TK ppl in Battlefield 2. Especially when you are anti-tank. hehe

20. BigBossNass1138

BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    Yeah, well unlike a great many people, I like to play Battlefield the way it's meant to be played, rather than ruining someone else's game just for kicks. Deliberate TK'ers are pathetic. Show some respect for others sometime.

I feel awful when that happens in most games. But since you mentioned it, I feel bad when I accidently make a bad move with a vehicle full of friends and we end up dead....

Yeah, friendly fire can be a bitch, and accidents like that happen. I only punish TK'ers when it's deliberate. I'm sure most people aren't that courteous, but I try to be fair.

21. Anakin_Sockwalker

Jun 11, 2005
    Once in BF2 a friendly Anti-Air shot down a friendly full black hawk. [face_plain]

And what's worse a friendly jet crashing into a full friendly black hawk.

22. DroidGeneral

DroidGeneral Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    I usually do it to members of my clan if there is only a few of us and the game hasn't begun yet. But I will get revenge on those that do it to me.

23. Sn4tcH

Sn4tcH Jedi Master star 4

Oct 22, 2004
    *shakey fist* This is why I try to never join servers with Friendly fire!

24. LORDeron_MAULer

LORDeron_MAULer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 6, 2003
    you know when i read this thread, i just then got what TK'ing meant. and suddently i got that L33t star wars trailer way back when , and i wasin the middle of drinking water so a spilled it out....sigh

great ah. well

25. Super-Sith

Super-Sith Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 1, 2005
    I LUV to TK in battlefield 2!!!!get ppl in you vehicles and do a suicide run...or pull some kamakazis!!! ohh...good times!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.