main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Weekly animation feature on Sci-Fi 3D?

Discussion in 'Archive: Scifi 3D Forum' started by JinxKatarn, Oct 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JinxKatarn

JinxKatarn Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 8, 2001
    I was thinking, why not have a sort of weekly animation feature on the site? Setup guidelines for length and file type, then have submissions come in and be hosted?

I'm about to start animating a comic series with a new model I built (if you have the Essential Guide to Droids, it's the Model-E) and came across this idea?

Anyone else like it? Is it at all feasible?

2. Darksteps

Darksteps Jedi Youngling star 3

May 15, 2001
    hmmm, I like this idea, even tho I'm not much of an animator... kinda like those modeling challenges that lasted only 3 months...
    :D
    Darksteps...

3. George Mezori SCIFI 3D

George Mezori SCIFI 3D Scifi 3D Forum star 4 VIP

Sep 10, 1999
    I have to admit I remember the old days of SWMA and watching the animations every Sunday... but that was long time ago. The standards are quite a bit different now. IF there was good animations out there they'd be on the site already. It takes too long to make something good to have a weekly feature like that. So I doubt this would ever happen.

4. Cryptite_

Cryptite_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 1, 2004
    Ever the pessimist zoo, but I agree. It would be a cool idea but animation is no hardy and simple task. Maybe a monthly competition...

5. JinxKatarn

JinxKatarn Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 8, 2001
    I'd nearly forgotten about that stuff at the SWMA...I remember looking through that site so many times wondering how the hell people did stuff on there, heh. Remember Little Bill?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.