main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What about 'Flash Forward' or 'Flash Backward' Episodes?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon

Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 17, 2000
    What do you guys think about the idea of a few Clone Wars episodes that flash forward and are actually set during the OT era? I think it would be neat to see the OT characters and ships animated in the Clone Wars style.

Or alternately, what about some extreme flashbacks, where say Anakin encounters an ancient artifact on Kashyyyk or Korriban that causes him to have visions of the KOTOR era and maybe even the events of the games?

2. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    The idea of flash forward or flash backward episodes are neat. However, I think it'd be a little too much to feature the actual games and events like the OT and KOTOR. I'd like to see those, though, especially Revan.

I hope they have that idea so that we can flesh out the backstory of some characters like Plo Koon, Kit Fisto, and Dooku. We could even make use of characters that were supposed to be dead by the time of the show.

3. ILuvJarJar

ILuvJarJar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 19, 2008
    The kids would get confused.

4. Obi-Mcfly

Obi-Mcfly Jedi Youngling star 1

May 15, 2008
    I'd like to see a flashbakc to Grevious' past, though I'm sure Lair of General Grevious will take care of any backstory stuff.

5. Asharak

Asharak Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2003
    I think it?s important that they show us Ventress origin and I really hope they show us the first battle between Anakin and her.

6. Darth_Harmon

Darth_Harmon Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
    I'd love to see an adaptation of the Marvel comics issue that was the first prequel era story. Sure Obi-Wan was very different, but even a light adaptation would be awesome!

7. smudger9

smudger9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2007
    This isn't Lost.

8. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    No flow walking please. Bad enough Jacen did it. :oops:

9. Redfivee

Redfivee Jedi Master star 2

Sep 28, 2008
    Im not keen to that idea,afterall these are suppose to be serials like the old flash gordon ones back from the 40s.Not Lost.

10. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Memories would be good, though. I'd love to see some Qui-Gon - alive.

11. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Flashbacks would work, i think. Flashforwards wouldn't-unless it's Yoda or someone having a vision of the future, but even that that should only be a glimpse, not a full flashforward segment.

Flashbacks can be grounded in memories of the characters in TCW timeframe or be told as stories about the past from those characters.

12. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    It be nice to see Darth Plagueis in a flash back.

13. MvG-88

MvG-88 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 25, 2008
    Could be a good idea, but not to flash back on KotOR, how on earth would they fit that in?! And it would confuse even me, and I played the game. And fflash backs from the original trilogy... I don't know, seems messy.

However, it would be good if they used em to settle the issue on Sifo-Dyas and give some backstory to Ventress.

14. Asharak

Asharak Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2003
    "This isn't Lost"

IMHO there is a huge difference between having a few flashback episodes and every single episode having them. Just because Lost has overused flashbacks it shouldn?t result in other series not being able to use one of the oldest storytelling ways we have.

15. fanboyskywalker

fanboyskywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 3, 2008
    Flashbacks yes. Flashforwards no.

Flowwalking neat... but not for this show.

16. JediLight

JediLight Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001
    Agreed, awesome idea.

17. GuNgAnFaN3090

GuNgAnFaN3090 Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 16, 2008
    True for a flash forward episode. Alot of the kids watching this show have never seen the originals, so if someone tried to fast forward into the Luke/Leia/Han and Chewbacca era then the kids would get confused.

18. WookieeWarrior9

WookieeWarrior9 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 5, 2007
    Just do an OT or KOTOR series if they're going to do that. This is the Clone Wars, no need for stuff not relating to the time period at hand. And BTW, I do want to see an OT-based series.

19. TPF1138

TPF1138 Jedi Master

Mar 28, 2002
    While I would certainly like to see flashbacks (no flashforwards please) I wonder if it wouldn't be breaking the show's narrative format. I mean these episodes are made in similar style to the live-action movies, and we certainly never got, and I would wager never would have gotten flashbacks there. Not that it shouldn't be possible to break the format on occasion, in fact I would encourage doing so. But if they're going to do something like that it would need to be for a very specific reason.

I'm not sure what that reason would be, but I'm open to the idea, in fact I'm eager for a reason to be found.

20. Darth_Neznarf

Darth_Neznarf Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 25, 2008
    Some good ideas about flashbacks in this thread. But flash forwards would be hard to do with this series. It would be totally awesome if they did another animated series after this one that takes place between the 2 trilogys. Imagine the great stuff they could do with that!

21. Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon

Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 17, 2000
    If true, this is very sad.

22. DarthRevan211

DarthRevan211 Jedi Master star 1

Feb 17, 2008
    What might be cool is an episode featuring Yoda retelling the Jedis history and involvement in the many galactic conflicts. Maybe taking a note from Jolee Bindo, that war doesn't change. Only people and settings. If handled right, it could have a great message and be largely entertaining, allowing for EU-fans to go insane with shots of Exar, Nomi, Revan, Hoth and others.

23. Obi-Mcfly

Obi-Mcfly Jedi Youngling star 1

May 15, 2008
    It's true in some cases. My nine year old cousin has seen all of the movies (I made sure he did), but one of my sister's friends had only seen the PT. When I mentioned X-Wings and TIE Fighters, he had no idea what I was talking about.

24. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    Yeah. It would be nice to have official confirmation of his existance. I've always been of the opinion that Palpatine made up the story about Lord Plaguies to sucker Anakin in.

25. GuNgAnFaN3090

GuNgAnFaN3090 Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 16, 2008
    I had a friend a long time ago that said his favorite character was darth maul. He asked who my favorite was. I answered and he wanted to know what a Han Solo was?!?! Anyway, my little brother just liked it when he saw me watching it becuase it had lots of bright colors and stuff.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.