main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What does the TV Show need to be successful?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jun 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tsn81

tsn81 Jedi Master star 1

May 8, 2002
    And Farscape also had amazing visual effects and makeup.. Wouldnt mind having Stargate/Farscape quality in Star Wars series.

2. AnaKanned_Food

AnaKanned_Food Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 20, 2003
    Well, this thread is already spelling doom for the TV show. It won't be successful unless it caters to the above.

3. LeiaShmiPadme

LeiaShmiPadme Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 15, 2005
    Hello! [face_peace]

I honestly think that a Star Wars series will have better than Farscape and Stargate quality. I think that it will because of the resources that will be involoved. I am sure that there are many costumes, props, and sets that have been saved over the years. I also believe that the CGI will be great. The people who have been making Star Wars have been perfecting the process for years. They may have less time to take on the CGI but I believe that the quality will be just as good as the movies.

So I think that a Star Wars show will be great. I don't think that Lucus will settle for show that does not stand with or outshines other shows.

4. MackWindu

MackWindu Jedi Youngling

Jul 6, 2005
    Howdy Im a long long time lurker and a first time poster today!

Something has just occured to me, with all the ideas being thrown around regarding potential directions for the TV series.

In ROTJ Yoda talks to Obi Wan about "an other". Now I know it has been talked about many times that this other was Leia, but has GL ever said it was? If not a young Padawan and their escape could make for some very interesting storylines. Now with this padawan not fully developed nor as powerful as Skywalker(s), the idea of being on the run to slowly develop their powers and not engage the Empire or other enemies on a bold a scale as Luke does in ROTJ, could be an interesting and entertaining story arc.

It could tie in with Yoda's thinking in having a back up plan, in case Skywalker Jnr screws it up?

5. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    It's been confirmed the other is now Leia (originally it was going to be Luke's (not-Leia) sister).

6. RevantheJediMaster

RevantheJediMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2005
    If there are Jedi in the TV Show they should be lightsaber dueling Dark Jedi and fighting Bounty Hunters. I think the TV Show need Jedi occasionally and have lightsaber duels occasionally.

7. johnthejedi24

johnthejedi24 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 12, 2004
    I want the show to at least have references to events in the EU from that era, and also to deal with the fledgling resistence movement against the Empire, because tot be technical it was not called the Rebel alliance until around 3 years before ANH. It would be mostly guerilla fighting and hit and run raids. It should also have the new Galactic Empire hunting down Jedi with an occassional show with Vader but also maybe some Imperial inquisitors.

It should be fun and action-packed but also have a story/plot. I would like to see the Victory class star destroyer in action since it is mentioned so much as a ship for this era. Z-95 headhunters would also be pretty frickin cool. Bring in more different kinds of alien species like Bothans(which are mentioned in ROTJ but never shown) and Verpine. Also it should show a BDZ (Base Delta Zero) attack to show that the Empire means Business.

8. StarWarsIsMyLife

StarWarsIsMyLife Jedi Master star 2

Jul 14, 2004
    Basically, they need to show just how difficult it was for the Rebel Alliance to win the war and how they basically lucked out, big time, because the Empire was absolutely overwhelming. They need to show how arduous and difficult it was for the Rebels to destroy even a single Imperial capital starship, and how they were facing annihilation every day. These are things barely touched upon in the saga.

9. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    I think the Star Wars TV Show will have the best special effects and sound for any TV Show yet.

10. -maynard-

-maynard- Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2005
    i dont think the show should be on Sci-Fi. it should be on a major network. it should be mainstream and not cater to people like us who know obscure characters and such. im willing to forsake all my wantings of the show for the sake of quality.

i think it should be pretty basic: Jedi against Sith and lots of lightsabers and force powers. throw in some aliens, battle and comic-relief droids, and some galaxy-on-the-brink plot, and there's your series.

im sure there are plenty of good actors, young and old who would be more than willing to join in on the project

11. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    You mean Jedi against Dark Jedi because GL said the TV Show wouldn't star any main characters and the only two Sith alive between ROTS and ANH are Sids and Darth Vader so the Jedi will be against the Dark Jedi working for Sids and Darth Vader maybe we'll see them rarely or occasionally.

12. -maynard-

Jun 1, 2005
    if it is true that the show will bridge the gap between the movies, then im **** out of luck, LOL. you are right, and you caught me dreaming.

My choice would for it to be in the KOTOR mold and around that time frame. i like the idea of Sith Academies and searching ancient ruins while planet-hopping. There can be some very creative looking Sith Lords too.

anyway, i still stand by my first paragraph

13. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    Yes, I agree that my first choice would be for the TV Show to be on a mainstream network but if it was on Sci Fi it would be fine with me. GL said on an interview on iesb.net that if the first TV Show is successful that he may continue to make TV Shows and explore other eras and maybe make a TV Show set in the KOTOR era.

14. jeromew

jeromew Jedi Youngling

Jul 13, 2005
    Production values.

Star Wars has insanely high production values. It's easy to deal with this with comics and books where you can create exotic locals and nice visuals with a pen, but on TV it's going to be more difficult. I don't think TV can sustain high production values week after week.

I'm not sure how you could get around this except to focus on a specific location. For example, if it is shot in Australia, no jungle planets. Maybe just keep it on Tatooine.

I like MASTERJOEDA1974's idea.

15. sccrman95

sccrman95 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2004
    I also like MASTERJOEDA1974's idea. I think it would be cool to see some more trooper variations, and more crossover ships. Linking it all together a little more. Also if it was about Boba Fett it would make him seem even cooler in the movies if we see some more of his bounty hunting.

sccrman95

16. -maynard-

Jun 1, 2005
    i bet they would use some of the digital settings from the movies. plus there will prob be some episodes that mostly take place on a ship or something. its true thoug, it must take a step back

17. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    The TV Show will not have as good as special effects as the PT but it will have better special effects than the OT by far and better special effects than any Sci Fi TV Show ever made. The Star Wars TV Show will probably have the biggest budget in Sci Fi TV Show history. I expect the TV Show to be on a Mainstream Network so that should help but it would be fine with me if it was on the Sci Fi Channel it would just not get as much money but still get a lot. The TV Show will probably be a very very high quality TV Show. The TV Show could be about the Rebellion and maybe star Bail and Captain Antilles and others and have an occasional surviving Jedi or the TV Show could be about a few or one survivng Jedi and how thyey cope with the events of ROTS and the Empire and all their/he/her adventures.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.