main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What If: Anakin DIDN'T Win the Pod Race...

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Skywalker Ranch Security, Jul 5, 1999.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. padawanmac

padawanmac Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 7, 1999
    Hey! This is really good and I don't wanna lose it. C'mon people, this poor little story has been sitting here for weeks untouched. Please, don't forget about it!

2. Amidala22

Amidala22 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 20, 1999
    may i now do my coruscant scene??? jedil;ady u have not answered my e-mails!!!!! hey is it alright with everyone if i continue since i have not reached any other barrier,yet ??

Amidala22
    Queen of Jedi Knights

3. padawanmac

Jul 7, 1999
    Amidala22 - I have no idea where my Master (JediLady) is. I e-mailed her yesterday I think and she hasn't returned it. She also hasn't been posting lately. I wonder where she is?

4. Amidala22

Jun 20, 1999
    well i e-mailed her awhile ago!!! well can i do my post soon or now??

Please say yes.please say yes!

Amidala22
    Queen of Jedi Knights

[This message has been edited by Amidala22 (edited 11-24-1999).]

5. padawanmac

Jul 7, 1999
    Sure Amidala22, go ahead, well, I don't mind anyway.
    I still haven't heard from my Master. I checked my mail before and nothing. I hope she's alright. What if she was attacked by a Sith?

6. JediLady

JediLady Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 9, 1999
    JediLady staggers in, looking haggard and smeared with dirt and blood. She wields her lightsabre tiredly. Her robes hang off in tatters...

Sorry folks, I've been in hospital and convalescing at my parents and offline.

Having been working my way through tons of post, I got your mail today, my loyal padawan and will reply in the near future. I haven't forgotten!

Go ahead Amidala22, I'm sure we can work round whatever you'vr got.

PS I haven't heard anything about this thread since early October....

7. Trav Savant

Trav Savant Jedi Youngling

Nov 25, 1999
    I really hate these "What if" threads. Sorry, guys. Just had to get that off my chest.

8. Jedi Master Mara Jade

Jedi Master Mara Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 1999
    I love this thread!!

It's awesome and all those other words that someone said!!! I almost cried at every one of the ship scenes (and others as well) I am rendered speechless other than that...

Please post soon, though. Pretty please? Someone, anyone, I don't care who, you are all great. Just soon!

9. Lwyn`nya Kenobi

Lwyn`nya Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 19, 1999
    Trav Savant ~ To feel a certain way is one thing. To post it is another.

Everyone's entitled to their own opinions. I'd just be interested in hearing why you hate 'What If's so much.

10. Jedi Master Ann'ho Fiida

Jedi Master Ann'ho Fiida Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 17, 1999
    Arrrggh! Note to self: don't read threads with the names Lwyn'nya Kenobi or Skywalker Ranch Security. Whenever I go I get addicted to the thread! I actually blew off homework and stayed up until 1:30 the other night just to finish this. But, man, it was soooo worth it! Once again an excellent job from LW and SRS as well as everyone else who is contributing! More amazing authors! Keep up the great work guys!

11. Darth Predator

Darth Predator Jedi Master star 4

Nov 23, 1999
    Is it all over????

12. Amidala22

Jun 20, 1999
    I think not!!!
    As the transport destined to a Coruscant scapeport slowly descended, a dark figure watched from a dark balcony.
    Amidala, still disguised as Padme, walked gracefully from the ship and turned to wait for her friends. Anakin and his mother came next smiling in awe at the city world. Lastly, came Qui-Gon helping a rather relieved to be home Obi-Wan.
    "So we finally made it,"Obi-Wan whispered to Qui-Gon.The Jedi Master nodded and glanced at his protege in concern. Obi-Wan looked a little better, but as he appeared to be physically better he seemed mentally distressed about something. Qui-Gon promised himself he would find out later.
    On the other hand,unfortuntely, how were they going to show proof the young queen was who she claimed to be. They knew she was Queen Amidala, but the senate would not know for certain for the girl was still dressed as Padme. Also with the Naboo guards and handmaidens gone, there was no one to prove her true claim to her throne. With surprising determination, Amidala lifted her head high as they swiftly manuvered through the busy port to the first main stop...the Senate office of Senator Palpatine. Only this senator could reveal to Republic Senate that this girl was in fact the young Queen Amidala ruler to Naboo.

>>>sorry I am forced to depart for the moment tell if this is ok <<<

13. The Butler

The Butler Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 1999
    You're doing a great job AMIDALA 22! After all, by having Anakin lose the podrace, all following events would be changed. You can't just assume that Amidala addresses the Senate, returns to lead battle against the Trade Federation, and everyone lives happily ever after. After all:

1) As you've said, there is no way for Amidala to prove she's Amidala. That means they'll have to go see Palpitine, which leads to...

2) Assuming Palpitine is the "dark figure on the balcony" (Sidious), all he has to do is pretend to not recognize Amidala. The Trade Federation wins. Which means our heroes will have to prove their identities.

3) Darth Maul's still alive.(Unless I missed something.) There was a hole burned through his eye, but he's still alive, lurking in the background. What now?

AMIDALA 22, I'd love to help in any way possible, even (self-conscious wince) by contributing to the story. But first, I'd like MORE.

14. Lwyn`nya Kenobi

Lwyn`nya Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 19, 1999
    *lol*

"Lives happily ever after"??

Qui-Gon dying, the entire Jedi order being wiped out by one of its own, the hero of TPM losing his life to the boy he swore his dying master that he'd train, the Queen losing her children and her life to her beloved . . . you call that 'happily ever after'?

Boy, we gotta redefine your definition of the word 'happy'!

15. The Butler

Oct 18, 1999
    (winces again) I am playing fast and loose with my definitions of "happy," aren't I?

(attempt at covering up my mistake) Well...in the long run....like after thirty years...Luke and Leia were happy....
    Actually, TPM had a sort of "happy" ending. (That Gungan parade affected my impressions of the movie.)

16. padawanmac

Jul 7, 1999
    How come there's no more story?? This is quite sad. I love this thread and its falling apart [sob, sob].
    Please someone post more and put me out of my misery

17. The Butler

Oct 18, 1999
    One thing the travel guides never told you about Coruscant was that more than nine hundred sentient beings died each year falling off landing pads, scenic walkways, or other high places ¢w almost every place on the teeming planet qualified as a high place. The bodies were almost never recovered, for few ventured down into the lower levels of the planet. Janic Lihus was lucky in the sense that he had landed on a slow-moving Excrement Handling and Disposal Ship; though it took three droids an entire day to get rid of the stench, at least his body was suitable for a proper burial.

Why in the name of the Republic did Lihus get himself killed? For the second time in a row, Chancellor Valorum cursed his secretary's bad luck. The ill-timed death of Lihus meant that all of Valorum's files and documents were in a disarray, and a significant number of the information which Lihus normally analysed and forwarded to him was piling up on the young human's former desk. Which explained why Valorum was still sitting in his own office at this ungodly hour, sorting through them.

"Where is the news about Naboo?" Frustration was evident in Valorum's question, addressed at no one but himself. Queen Amidala was, quite obviously, missing, and the two Jedi Valorum had sent missing with her. Disturbingly, rumors were already starting to spread that the Queen's ship had crashed on Tatooine, some backward planet controlled by the Hutts, killing all within. Valorum had asked the Jedi Council about this, earning a "no knowledge of Qui-Gon Jinn's death we have" from Jedi Master Yoda. Light, I'd love to strangle that little green midget sometimes.

What was strange was that the rumors of Amidala's death had spread so fast. Rumors do fly, as the old aphorism said, but for such insubstantial whisperings to travel to Coruscant in so short a time¡K It sounded as if someone had purposefully planted them. Someone who had much to gain if everyone thought the Queen of Naboo had died in the flames of her burning ship, turned into ash amid the black fumes.

Valorum was not a normally decisive man, but the course of action was clear. His critics may say that he had lost control of the Republic bureaucracy, allowing the Republic to decay and disintegrate, but Valorum did retain some authority over the Republic's intelligence agencies. A group of investigators would be sent to Tatooine to look into rumors of the Queen's death. Another batch would stay on Coruscant, tracking down the source of the disturbing rumors here. Oh, yes. As Senator Palpatine had forcefully suggested, some of the Senator's agents would be allowed to watch the Jedi Temple, just in case, for some reason, the missing Jedi return there but hide from Valorum. Valorum sincerely doubted that but nonetheless let Palpatine have his own way. After all, Palpatine had helped him many times before¡K

(I hope this didn't ruin your plot, AMIDALA.)

18. The Butler

Oct 18, 1999
    Totally irrevelant question: how long does it take books to arrive from Amazon.com? It's almost been a month, for me, and I desperately need a copy of 1984 . (I live in Taiwan.)

19. Caet-Anje Rinn

Caet-Anje Rinn Jedi Youngling

Oct 24, 1999
    Depends what shipping method you choose. I normall get them in about 3-4 weeks (I'm in Australia)

I love this story - great to see it resurected.

20. Darth Predator

Darth Predator Jedi Master star 4

Nov 23, 1999
    So it is not all over......This could last forever......Oh and is someone going to post??

21. Amidala22

Jun 20, 1999
    I would like to finish my part in this wonderful story, yet it i thought you'd want to know that it DID NOT ruin my plot and that was something i had not considered!! thanx, always need new ideas !!

Hey, if all of you could see my thread The Ulimate Finish that would really be nice.
    May I continue?

Amidala22
    Queen of Jedi Knights

22. padawanmac

Jul 7, 1999
    Amidala22 - Please do so! I'm eagerly anticipating your next post!

Caet-Anje Rinn - I'm an Aussie too!! (sorry, had to say that) where are you from?

23. Amidala22

Jun 20, 1999
    Palpatine awaited in mere happiness.
    So there are two Jedi Kinghts and a young girl resembling the queen heading this way..What to do ,if this girl is the real queen and proves it before the senate by her usual confidence I willl be able to persuade the young queen to help vote valoum out of office. This will be much better than having her exceuted or turning her away saying she is a fake. well time to find out if she is who she says she is.......
    The small group of the two jedi and the Queen walked in leaving the others outside to wait. Padme putting on her regal attitude and posture, turning into Amidala in mind, faced the senator,
    "Senator after ending up in the desert wasteland and escaping after my people were destroyed along with my other belongings I come to you for help."
    Ah this is the real queen, I KNOW this face with or without her make-up. Hmmm, i'll do a blood test to show the senate this is infact the real queen.
    "Please,young woman, come here for a blood test to prove your claim completely."Palpatine replied without a single reaction in his voice or expression.
    The young queen nodded in acknowledgement and walked gracefully over. Palpatine took the blood test and put it safely into a computer. after accessing some Naboo files the blood test showed up positive that the girl before him was indeed the young Queen Amidala of Naboo. The others saw it and looked at Palpatine. He nodded and smiled.
    He sent a servant to tell the senate of this wonderful mircale, and he also came and told a servant to deliver a message to drop the blockade in front of the temple.
    Some things work out as planned,
    Some things work out better....
    >>>How's this hmm? <<<

24. Amidala22

Jun 20, 1999
    Palpatine awaited in mere happiness.
    So there are two Jedi Kinghts and a young girl resembling the queen heading this way..What to do ,if this girl is the real queen and proves it before the senate by her usual confidence I willl be able to persuade the young queen to help vote valoum out of office. This will be much better than having her exceuted or turning her away saying she is a fake. well time to find out if she is who she says she is.......
    The small group of the two jedi and the Queen walked in leaving the others outside to wait. Padme putting on her regal attitude and posture, turning into Amidala in mind, faced the senator,
    "Senator after ending up in the desert wasteland and escaping after my people were destroyed along with my other belongings I come to you for help."
    Ah this is the real queen, I KNOW this face with or without her make-up. Hmmm, i'll do a blood test to show the senate this is infact the real queen.
    "Please,young woman, come here for a blood test to prove your claim completely."Palpatine replied without a single reaction in his voice or expression.
    The young queen nodded in acknowledgement and walked gracefully over. Palpatine took the blood test and put it safely into a computer. after accessing some Naboo files the blood test showed up positive that the girl before him was indeed the young Queen Amidala of Naboo. The others saw it and looked at Palpatine. He nodded and smiled.
    He sent a servant to tell the senate of this wonderful mircale, and he also came and told a servant to deliver a message to drop the blockade in front of the temple.
    Some things work out as planned,
    Some things work out better....
    >>>How's this hmm? <<<

25. Andraia

Andraia Jedi Youngling

Oct 28, 1999
    i like! i like!! more more more more!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.