main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What race is native to Tattoine?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Aeneas_Falco, May 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. P_F_A_F_F

P_F_A_F_F Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2005
    "Sandpeople are not human, I don't think humans can make that sound they make."

Thousands of years of evolution could defintly change them. Not to mention all of the breathing and desert-life support equipment they are wearing

2. LukeGroundwalker

LukeGroundwalker Jedi Master star 3

Jun 6, 2005
    Evolution does not take thousands of years, it takes millions. And who says evolution is in the Star Wars universe. Here is a part of the wikipedia article on Sandpeople.

"In Star Wars video game Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic it is implied that Tusken Raiders were the original humans. This would explain why humans seem to be spread out across the Star Wars universe, as they were the most commonly used slave race of the Rakata. While so, some sources claim this is not official canon. Other sources such as starwars.com claim the Tusken Raiders are descendants of the Ghorfas, a society that built caves within the cliffs of Tatooine. Their civilization collapsed when offworld settlers disrupted their water supply, leading to their current nomadic existence."

This is very contridicting, but they were probably once human here is a part of a wikipedia article talking about dates in Star Wars.

c. 5,000,000,000 BBY - The Star Wars galaxy is created.
    c. 100,000 BBY - The planet Coruscant is now covered entirely by its principal city, later known as Galactic City.
    c. 49,000 BBY - The Infinite Empire of the Rakata is established.
    c. 28,000 BBY - The Infinite Empire collapses after a protracted civil war.
    c. 27,500 BBY - The first human colonists land on Alderaan.

See how it says the first human colonists land on Alderaan, could this mean that people from Alderaan were once Tusken Raiders. But if they were the first human colonists then why where the Tusken Raiders colonizing Tatooine before the humans colonized Alderaan. So where did the Tusken Raiders that landed on Tatooine come from?

3. P_F_A_F_F

May 26, 2005
    No, at one point the groups split off, much like how Asian descent people would have been seperated from European people. They both come from the same ancestors but have develpoed in different areas...just in a more galactic setting

4. LukeGroundwalker

Jun 6, 2005
    Just my point is that Tusken Raiders colonized Tatooine thousands of years before humans colonized Alderaan, but the article said that the first human colonist landed on Alderaan.

5. theN00_Jedi

theN00_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 26, 2005
    I doubt wamprats would be a native species, usally rats and other things stow away on sailing ships, so it seems reasonable that they'd do the same thing on spaceships

6. P_F_A_F_F

May 26, 2005
    "Just my point is that Tusken Raiders colonized Tatooine thousands of years before humans colonized Alderaan, but the article said that the first human colonist landed on Alderaan."

The way I read the article, it was not saying that Alderaan was the first place they colonized, but more of these were the first humans to colonize Alderaan.

7. Kad_Ath

Kad_Ath Jedi Youngling star 1

May 24, 2005
    Evolution does not take thousands of years, it takes millions.

Ok dont state that like its a fact, since some people dont even belive in evolution at the moment.

Dont put to much faith in Wikipedia please :p Especially when it comes to unravelling convoluted SW plots.

8. Darth-Tater

Darth-Tater Jedi Youngling star 1

May 9, 2005
    whats a Jawa look like under its hood?

9. LukeGroundwalker

Jun 6, 2005
    "Ok dont state that like its a fact, since some people dont even belive in evolution at the moment."

Truthfully I don't believe in evolution, but I was trying to put it in the point of view as someone who believes in evolution. But this is getting off of the subject. Jawas are the native race to Tatooine, Tusken Raiders (maybe) have been human once, but no one is for sure, that colonized Tatooine before the Infinite Empire destroyed it. And a human cannot evolve into a Tusken Raider in a matter of 10 to 20 thousand years, it takes millions of years to actually change into something else.

10. Anguirus

Anguirus Jedi Youngling star 2

May 27, 2005
    Some people don't believe the Holocaust happened.

It's a fact.

Some people don't believe the Earth is round.

It's a fact.

Some people probably still believe that Sidious and Palpatine aren't the same person, for heaven's sake.

11. neo-dragon

neo-dragon Jedi Master star 3

Apr 15, 2004
    I know this is a bit of topic, be even though I know that evolution is still considered controversial it still surprises me to hear that people simply don't believe in it. It just makes such good scientific sense. It's just too bad that people get caught up on the stupid misconceptions like, "the theory of evolution says that humans evolved from apes", or "the theory of evolution proves there is no God". Remarks like that (not that I'm accusing anyone here of making them) just scream ignorance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.