main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What Scores are Everyone Listening to Now?

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by lordvader10, Aug 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zaphod_Kenobi

Zaphod_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2005
    Well, do you have RealPlayer Plus? I do! It gives you the option of saving the tracks of a CD directly to your hard-drive! It's really great because I don't have to get my CDs just to listen to one or two tracks; I can just pop it up on the computer. It also means that even if the CD is scratched, lost, or stolen, then you don't have to buy a new CD.
    Anyway, I'm listening to the Revenge of the Sith soundtrack (which is saved to my computer); 'Anakin's Dark Deeds', to be precise.

2. Ganner_The_Hero

Ganner_The_Hero Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2003
    Revenge of the Sith & Starship troopers

3. Master_Talek

Master_Talek Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 3, 2005
    I'm listening to The Throne Room and End Title.

4. Darth_Vader-Anakin

Darth_Vader-Anakin Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 22, 2002
    Basil Poledouris' Hunt for Red October; specifically track one: Hymn to Red October.

5. Moleman1138

Moleman1138 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 18, 2004
    Kingdom of Heaven (Gregson-Williams)
    The Battle of Kerak

Beautiful piece for an intense sequence.

6. JamanMosil

JamanMosil Jedi Master star 2

Nov 6, 2004
    ANH soundtrack. Track 9, "Burning Homestead" right now.

7. The-Tennis-Ball-Kid

The-Tennis-Ball-Kid Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2004
    I've been listening to my (shamefully small) Goldsmith collection a lot; Night Crossing, ST:TMP, and Patton.

ttbk, Love Theme From Ben-Hur

8. Darth_Vader-Anakin

Jul 22, 2002
    I've been listening to a lot of Joe Hisaishi the last few days. Particularly My Neighbor Totoro, Porco Rosso, and Howl's Moving Castle. Howl's Moving Castle is great, but there are definatley a few times where it's fairly similar to Spirited Away (I suppose that to be expected though). Out of the three, I have to say Porco Rosso is my favorite. I've only listened to it once, but I don't really have anything negative to say about it - just a great fun score!

9. Darth_Vader-Anakin

Jul 22, 2002
    I can't believe this thread got down this far. I always enjoyed reading it and people's brief thoughts on what they were listening to.

Right now I've got on my new "Secondhand Lions" soundtrack by Patrick Doyle. This along with "The Little Princess" are my first two soundtracks by Doyle. I've only listened to Princess once, but really enjoyed it. I'm currently on my third run through of Lions and love the broad range of styles. It's just a lot of fun!

10. kecen

kecen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    I'm sure people here haven't heard of her but I quite like the music composed by Yuki Kajiura for several series, Noir, .hack//sign, .hack//liminality, Mai-hime, Madlax and Tsubasa Chronicle and the band See-saw. The series mentioned are Japanese and I haven't seen most of them, I just have the music -_-

11. Xile

Xile Jedi Youngling

Aug 30, 2005
    Confrentation with Dooku and Finale from AOTC.

12. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    The newest score that I've been listening to is Elfman's Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. It's great!

13. Alethia

Alethia Jedi Master star 5

Feb 13, 2005
    Escaflowne Movie original sound track, which is...different. Oh, I really like the music. I'm just not too sure how to describe it, since it has a lot of different themes to it.

I had on the Corpse Bride soundtrack today, which was all right. I don't like the vocal songs very much, though. But the non-vocal tracks are well done, in my opinion.

14. Jays_Hetero_Lifemate

Jays_Hetero_Lifemate Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 30, 2005
    Wind, Basil Poledouris. Track 14, The Glider.

15. yugi3045

yugi3045 Jedi Youngling

Oct 9, 2005
    Holes-The Movie. But I really want a good Star Wars CD, but I can't find any with the Imperial March and Duel of the Fates on the same disc. Has anyone found a CD like this?

16. Darth_Vader-Anakin

Jul 22, 2002
    The only cd I can think of is this one from amazon.com:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00002MZ4V/qid=1129675664/sr=2-1/ref=pd_bbs_b_2_1/104-4227928-7238321?v=glance&s=music

If you can afford the full soundtracks though, I would reccomend that. You won't be dissapointed.

17. darthlrrp

darthlrrp Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 19, 2005
    i am not sure if this counts but i just got mahler's 9 symphonies and a portion of his 10th (incomplete) which are AWESOME but as for movie stuff-- i just got 13th warrior, crouching tiger hidden dragon, staragate, and napoleon dynamite with in the past month-between those i would say napolean dynamite and stargate are neck to neck

dl

18. JMN77

JMN77 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 19, 2005
    Right at this very moment?? Stripes by Elmer Berstien. Earlier this morning... Hulk (Elfman), Batman Returns (Elfman)...The Penguin's motif is FANTASTIC! and Raising Arizona (Burwell)...proof that sometimes yodeling can be good stuff!

19. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Right at this moment I am listening to the Train/Appreciation track from the Spiderman 2 soundtrack by Danny Elfman. Yahoo IM radio is such a great feature :D

20. Killik_Swarm

Killik_Swarm Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 13, 2005
    Battle of the Heroes, at the moment. Then I'll be listening to The Planets by Gustav Holst.

KT

21. MasterJedi-OliverR

MasterJedi-OliverR Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 10, 2004
    I belive I'm am growing fond of Pirates of the Carribean.

22. annie_skywalker001

annie_skywalker001 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 14, 2002
    These days I have all three PT soundtracks in my car. Right now I'm listening to Duel of the Fates. I think it's the best musical piece in movie soundtrack history. :D

23. darkknight_152002

darkknight_152002 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 2, 2003
    I recently bought the Warner Brothers official soundtrack to A Clockwork Orange. It contains some of Wendy Carlos' scores, plus the Deutsche Grammophon recordings Kubrick used for the Scheherazade, William Tell Overture, and La gazza ladra. Of course, having Carlos' realisation of Music for the Funeral of Queen Mary excited me. Aside from this soundtrack, I haven't found a satisfactory interpretation. (Others have too little percussion, a fast tempo, too much brass, et cetera...)

Being a minor Philip Glass fan, I was excited to when I found the album to Koyaanisqatsi priced at one dollar. I finally own the music without having to sit through an three hour music video. Glass is nice in moderation; three hours is overkill.

24. Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn

Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 23, 1999
    Dancer in the Dark. The saddest movie ever, but some of the music is really good. Especially the titles music, along with Cvalda, which is so silly it's addicting. The music is Bjork, but I can't really stereotype it or anything, since I have never listened to her music before.

25. war_monger

war_monger Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 26, 2003
    At the moment, Serenity. A great album that has a couple of crappy action cues and is far too short. Overall though, I love it. Can't get enough of Track 3.

Oh, and when I need a break from that I just pop in PoA. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.