main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST What Types of Superweapons Would You Like to See in Future SW Films?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by MasterMoolah, Dec 20, 2016.

1. MasterMoolah

MasterMoolah Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 25, 2015
    Ok so Star Wars has a superweapon problem lol. I liked TFA and rank it above all PT films, but one of my biggest gripes with it was the knockoff Death Star (aka Starkiller base). I LOVED R1 even moreso than TFA, but once again...more Death Star. Now R1 couldn't help it given the era, but I feel like going forward anything post-ROTJ needs to have something other than a giant laser as the main superweapon of choice for the anti-Republic forces. I haven't read every EU novel/comicbook...but I do read a good amount of non-SW science fiction. There are TONS of different types of superweapons they could go with.

They could go with something biological, they could go with artificial intelligence...in another thread I suggested having The First Order come across a Sith Holocron with enough data on it to create a cyborg clone of a long-dead Sith Lord.

They could go the 'ancient alien superpower' route like with the Rakatan Empire (or something like it) where The First Order comes across one of their weapons and reconfigures it.

They could have The First Order develop a way to weaponize black holes...it's science fiction! The ideas are nearly limitless.

The Legions of Lettow likes this.
  2. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
  3. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
  4. unlimitedpower

unlimitedpower Jedi Master star 3

Nov 11, 2014
    One which can put an end to ridiculous fan theories.

5. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    somehow I think there will be another superweapon. Maybe a force based weapon like in KOTOR.

6. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    LOL!! You just have to look at the first couple of answers of this thread.

None at all, please.

I am sick and tired of the whole super weapon thing. Of the whole plot involving the heroes having to deactivate any kind of shield that allows the good guys to destroy a super weapon.

7. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I would like for us to be done with superweapons. Three Death Star type weapons is enough for me. There were no superweapons in play in the PT. There were other games afoot-and that worked out fine.

That said, I would not be against some interesting new weaponry to beef up both sides' respective fleets. At least it would be nice for the Resistance to have one, for a change.

The Legions of Lettow likes this.
  8. Granek

Granek Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2012
    yeah 'superweapon' is now so rote within Star Wars its lost its appeal; what's next Centerpoint Station?

9. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    what about a weapon which can limit the use of the force? :p

10. MasterMoolah

MasterMoolah Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 25, 2015
    LOL I only think people have that opinion because only Death Stars have been used in SW. The person who said there was no superweapon in the PT is true.

11. CakeThiefPro

CakeThiefPro Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 16, 2015
    What if they found a way to take out the midichlorians from someone's blood? They could use it on Luke and then have Rey save him. Sounds great doesn't it? :p

12. RDeckard

RDeckard Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 28, 2015
    Hopefully Kylo Ren fully trained. No actual super weapons.

I want to see some real military prowess. Starship battles, no super weapons. Have the First Order invade and wipe out people like in V

Sarge likes this.
  13. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    Yeah I am way past being over with Super weapons. What we need are some even more ruthless villains. Something that can really get us going.

The concept of the Vong in the EU was interesting, not executed well, but I liked the idea of an entity that seen the force as an abomination that wanted to take out both the Darkside and the lightside.

14. RDeckard

RDeckard Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 28, 2015
    Thinking about it more, the only thing I would want is a follow up to the Executor class Star Destroyer and even then I don't really care that much.

15. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    How about a bomb that could destroy a planet or solar system.

Something the heroes have to rush to and and diffuse in the nick of time.

16. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Bigger and rounder and easier to destroyier by X-Wingsier.

ColdLazarou and What Girl like this.
  17. What Girl

What Girl Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2016

Or use it on Kylo. He'd be heartbroken for sure to be grounded from using the Force :p

CakeThiefPro and nightangel like this.
  18. OldTimeFan

OldTimeFan Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 28, 2011
    Like Austin powers mojo.

[​IMG]

cerealbox likes this.
  19. Charlie07

Charlie07 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2015
    The problem is, and i agree we've had enough 'superweapons' for now, that when your bad guys are based around militarism, they always want to create a superweapon.

20. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    Luke Skywalker.

But seriously. The PT had weakened, partially blind Jedi. The OT had a 2-week training certificate Luke. The ST needs to show the Jedi becoming truly one with the force again. I don't need to see Luke crashing Destroyers into planets, but I'd like to see some masterful abilities.

Force Smuggler and nightangel like this.
  21. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    The PT had superweapons. The droid army for one, and like deactivating a shield to destroy something, in TPM the Trade Federation droid command ship had to be destroyed to defeat the droids.

And then we had the clone army, another type of superweapon.

And General Grievous, a superweapon built specially to kill Jedi.

I like all of these superweapons (I'd even count Star Destroyers as superweapons) and I agree that we should see new types regularly in SW, and that the idea of getting rid of them completely is misguided at best, and at worst misunderstands SW, a world full of technological wonders.

Even Vader is a kind of superweapon -- see the end of RO for an example. The "Chosen One" being the supposed most powerful Force user ever.

So this isn't a trope we should get rid of; it's part of what makes SW, SW.

22. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    Superweapons in SW are weapons of mass destruction it's the GFFA's version of nuclear weapons.

in the GFFA, they represent the status of power and strength
    "This station is now the ultimate power in the Universe!"

they will for sure appear again. I just hope we move on from spherical designs. 3 out of 3 fit that, time for something new.

they should go for a losange one that can separate into 2 superweapons, the big one is more powerful while the division in 2 makes them less powerful but still a powerful threat. And double the trouble.[face_clown]8-}

or go crazy and have 2 at the same time.:p

23. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    For the next trilogy I want an external race that is invading the SW galaxy with a
    gigantic terraforming tool that converts the planets atmosphere to sulfur

Dra--- likes this.
  24. Storm_Cloud

Storm_Cloud Jedi Master star 3

Jan 13, 2016
    Wondering about why Luke is on Ahch-To leads to innumerable possibilities, one of which could be that he is looking for a way to end the Force. Perhaps the destruction of his temple makes Luke realise that the cycle must be broken - the dark side is beaten but always returns. Maybe Luke believes if he can destroy the Force itself then "the only fight" will be won for good.

25. Harbour

Harbour Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 15, 2015
    Star sized battle station that able to destroy the galaxies plz.

ImpreciseStormtrooper and Dra--- like this.