main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What was old is new again

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Master_Mojo, Mar 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master_Mojo

Master_Mojo Jedi Youngling

Mar 10, 2005
    I originally posted this topic in 1998. Not being a jedi, in other words, being vane, selfish, stubborn, etc.... Forgive me my vainglory, but I thought it would be fun (for me) if I reposted some of my old topics and the replies, so I could think how smart I was. Actually , many contributed, so I can't take all the credit, just most of it. Well, enough said here it is typos, and all.

Originally Posted: 10/28/1998 10:33 AM CT <br>
    Name: Master mojo<br>
    Topic:<b>Too Powerful+Enforced Isolation+Naivete = Redemption for the Corrupted Savior</b><br>
    <i>
    I have a different take from what I've heard before, regarding the "Son of the Suns" prophecy.
    This may take some time.
    Have you ever noticed how abortive Luke's training is?
    I used to think that Yoda was such a good teacher that he did not need much time, not that he isn't. But, I think there may be more to it. Luke has an earnestness that speaks of innocence. Perhaps, Luke needed to be naive of the powers of the forcein order to fulfill the prophecy.
    If he had known the extent of his power and importance, he would have suffered the same fate as his father.
    I think that it is plausible that at least some of the jedi council feel Anakin is the prophetic child. When he teams up with the emperor it means the only hope to bring the force to balance, is to turn him(Anakin) from the darkside. He (Luke) needs to be the sheltered and naive farm boy in the cantina in ANH.

Along these lines, it follows that the jedi need an uncorrupted soul to lure their savior away from the darkside.
    His own virtuous, and completely innocent son would be the best to try. Luke is powerful enough to defeat Vader, yet he closes his lightsaber down. Then he refuses to use the power which he has and turns away from it to save himself and his father.
    Anakin, redeemed by the inestimable courage Luke shows, decides to hurl the emperordown the open shaft, and bring balance to the force.
    In other words, watch the scene when Luke leaves Dagobah ESB. Try to watch it with the perspective that Luke is not the "last hope", in and of himself, it is his ability to redeemhis father that makes him this "hope".
    This could also be why Luke doesn't need tremendous force training. In fact, it could be extraordinarily dangerous for Luke to be aware of the true situation. This is why he is under enforced isolation on Tatooine, "the planet farthest from the bright center of the galaxy", under the watchful eyes of Ben, Owen and Beru Lars.
    I'll leave you with this: maybe, the Skywalkers are so strong in the force, that they are very dangerous to train. That Anakin, had he been left alone by the jedi, would have saved the galaxy on his own, but it got muddled and it took his son, the son of the Son of the Suns. Remember, it isn't until the galaxy comes to Luke Skywalker that he learns of the force, and his heritage. This may have been originally the way Anakin was supposed to evolve. But, he got caught up in the whirlwind surrounding his tremendous powers.
    What do you think?</i>

Reply Posted: 10/28/1998 11:00 AM CT <br>
    Name: Nearsighted Stormtrooper<br>

<i>I think I see where you're trying to go with this, Mojo. Everyone starts believing Anakin is the prophesied savior (See M. Windu's comments in the supposed trailer), and tells him so. After hearing from everyone that he is the greatest thing since hyperdrive, he starts believing it himself, which leads to pride, arrogance, and dare we say, <b>hubris</b>. Ah, yes, the classic tragic flaw.

Allow me to expand. Convinced that he is destined for greatness, Anakin begins to grow impatient with the rigors of Jedi training. He wonders if there isn't a quicker, easier path to glory for which he is meant, and also starts to feel limited by the strict morality of the Light side.

Searching for alternatives, he falls in with an up-and-coming Senator, who tells him about his vision of a New Order for the galaxy, which is rapidly disintegrating due to the incompetence of the Republican Senate and the outmoded Jedi Council (as he puts it). He offers Anakin t

2. Master_Mojo

Mar 10, 2005
    Hey...You. Yesss.. you want to post now...

Yes, you do.

Dammit, ...the mind-trick never works.

3. Winston_Sith

Winston_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 8, 2004
    Let me try...

You will continue to re-post this discussion.

Hmm... we'll see.

4. Winston_Sith

Winston_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 8, 2004
  5. Master_Mojo

Mar 10, 2005
    Don't fret W-S, it worked. I just couldn't find the original, or I would have posted this sooner.

Reply Posted: 10/29/98 8:11AM CT
    By: Master mojo

Brings Balance to the force...

Indulge me.

What if Anakin, the 'Son of the Suns', does bring balance to the force, after a while. He balanced off one side when he killed off every jedi except Yoda, then he balances off the otherside when he sacrifices himself to kill the emperor. It just took the son of a... a few years to do it. How?
    I suppose that somehow all the jedi dark and light were corrupted and the scale needed to be rebalanced. It wasn't until DV took all these corrupted force users down, and the only one left to hold the mantel was a young, inexperienced, naive uniformed man(Luke). Then the force was balanced, because there were no alterior motives, good or bad.
    In retrospect, we know that Ben blames himself, as much as Vader, for the situation that the galaxy is in. Yoda dies before the showdown between Luke and the emperor, as if to further demonstrate the needed break between the geneerations to purge the scale. The knowledge that Luke must draw back Anakin 'Son of the Suns', in order to balance the force and heal the galaxy was known to Yoda. Why else does Yoda say, "Vader, you must confront Vader." Because that, is the only hope.
    When it is evidenced through Yoda that Luke has a twin sister. Yoda suggests that should Luke fail, Leia would be another 'hope'. That suggests to me that Luke can not be the 'Son of the Suns'. In addition, it tells me that the 'hope' Luke provides has nothing to do with his force powers, and everything to do with an emotional connection with his father. Luke's role was to provide an avenue for Anakin to redeem himself. Anakin who, unlike any other jedi could go down the dark path and still act selflessy, unlike any other jedi, still needed a very strong reason. Had Luke failed, Leia's role, as Yoda suggests would have been similar to induce Anakin to recover some of his goodness and become in touch with what he had become.
    How is Luke able to induce DV to his senses.
    Well, they say ignorance is bliss, then I'm betting Luke was pretty happy. Not that he was stupid, just very sheltered, and naive; innocent, that sort of thing.
    In other words, Luke's lack of training, or of knowledge of his situation, were some of the keys to the whole SW saga plot thing. That goes along with some of the rumors regarding Anakin, and the jedi council-Yoda not wanting to train him, and the implications of that

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.