main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Where do you rank TFA?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by SatineNaberrie, Dec 16, 2015.

?

Where do you rank TFA among the other films?

1. 1st (best/most fav)

64 vote(s)
    8.7%
  2. 2nd

120 vote(s)
    16.4%
  3. 3rd

210 vote(s)
    28.6%
  4. 4th

150 vote(s)
    20.5%
  5. 5th

64 vote(s)
    8.7%
  6. 6th

26 vote(s)
    3.5%
  7. 7th (least fav/worst)

99 vote(s)
    13.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SatineNaberrie

SatineNaberrie Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2014
    Where do you place this movie among the previous 6?

Also was it a disappointment or not?

Matthew_Wolverine likes this.
  2. Mr_Thompson

Mr_Thompson Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 28, 2014
    At the moment it is a tie between 3rd/4th, I will probably need to see it a few more times to know for sure whether or not it is above or below ROTJ for me.. It's difficult because ROTJ has my favorite moment in any of the films, but TFA is fairly strong throughout (not to mention the kick-ass opening sequence).

dolphin likes this.
  3. Forceuser707

Forceuser707 Jedi Knight star 4

Apr 23, 2015
    I would say 2nd or 3rd.

4. MrCody

MrCody Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 4, 2013
    I would have to say 2nd for me. Behind Revenge of the Sith

I can say i love all 7 films :D

Lee_, Hethna, MarcJordan and 14 others like this.
  5. Forceuser707

Apr 23, 2015
    ?

For old timers that will be 5th.

You need to show your order of preference like this maybe:

Prequels

3 7 X X

Originals

7 X X X

6. BOBA-FETT-82

BOBA-FETT-82 Jedi Grand Master star 1

May 19, 2002
    TESB
    ROTS
    ANH
    ROTJ
    TFA
    AOTC
    TPM

7. Lord Summerisle

Lord Summerisle Jedi Padawan

Feb 12, 2015
  8. Forceuser707

Apr 23, 2015
    This could get skewed very quickly.

I think you should have asked it differently.

Prequel lovers will place it 4th or 5th from prequel haters' POV.

You should ask - in terms of Post-Prequels or in terms of Originals.

9. Darth Cornish

Darth Cornish Jedi Grand Master star 1

Nov 7, 2000
    4th behind the originals, but that's not a criticism, it was AWESOME!!!

10. Darth Doop

Darth Doop Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2014
    I still can't believe that this many people enjoyed ROTS. Whatever floats your boat I guess.

Mana, AmySolo, 11-4D and 10 others like this.
  11. Knightstalker137

Knightstalker137 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 17, 2003
    ESB
    ROTJ
    ANH
    ROTS
    TFA
    AOTC
    TPM

12. SgtTimBob

SgtTimBob Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 5, 2014
    Just watched it in all it's IMAX glory. Right now my head is reeling trying to digest what I just saw. But I know it was awesome. My initial feeling is that this was almost as good as Empire! So I'm going to have to say that The Force Awakens is now my 2nd favorite Star Wars film. The only thing that pushed Empire slightly ahead for me are the more subtle and reflective character moments it has in the scenes with Luke and Yoda and the confrontation between Vader and Luke. Otherwise it's on par with Empire.

I think the confrontation between Kylo/Ben and Han is my second favorite scene in the series, just behind the 'I am your father' reveal. I actually have to say that the Finn/Rey/Kylo duel was my favorite saber battle thus far, that was exactly what I wanted; a more brutal and deadly confrontation where you can see what those weapons can do.

13. Forceuser707

Apr 23, 2015
    I agree with you, but... some people will not like the forest brawl.

EDIT: I think also you need to split this thread or start it again separating it into two camps: Post-Originals and Originals.

MODified: Removed the bit where you discuss other members rather than the topic.

14. MrCody

Dec 4, 2013
    Why?

15. Forceuser707

Apr 23, 2015
    When you say 2nd behind ROTS that reads like 5th for most old timers. Most of the fans of the originals automatically place the prequels behind them.

That's why I think the question needs to be rephrased.

16. MrCody

Dec 4, 2013

Thats there opinion, for me Revenge of the Sith is my favorite film and so i place The force Awakens behind it...i do have to watch it again and i may change my opinion but for now thats how i would put it

17. icqfreak

icqfreak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 7, 1999
    I haven't seen it yet, but I think it will take both several viewings and a good amount of time passing before I know for sure.

Reason being is at the time of each prequel release, that release was my favorite star wars film, but since they have all come and gone now my rankings has shuffled a lot.

18. Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 15, 2014
    4th, just below Jedi

19. Jedsithor

Jedsithor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 2005

Uh, no. There are 7 Star Wars movies. Everyone is entitled to place the order of the films where they like. If that means putting a prequel or two ahead of the originals, that's their prerogative. We don't need two lists or three lists or to separate out those who like the prequels from those who don't. It's all Star Wars, all part of the episodic saga. A case can be made for separating the anthology films as they are spin offs rather than Episodes in the saga but that's a debate for next year.

As for my personal ranking, I don't know yet. It's not as good as ANH or TESB. ANH is my favourite film of all time. TFA hasn't changed that. I think TFA will come in third or fourth, then again it could come in fifth. Return Of The Jedi and Revenge Of The Sith swap places on my internal list, depending on my mood. I'd probably put TFA between them, making it fourth on the list, but honestly I need to watch it again before I can pick an option in the poll.

20. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    When I finished watching TPM, I scratched my head thinking "What WAS that? well I guess it's a good precursor the actual start of this saga:. When I finished AOTC, my thoughts were "Wow that was pretty good! some stale acting but I can really imagine Anakin leading the clone troopers next movie. Very foreshadowing."

When I finished watching ROTS, I nearly had tears in my eyes. Leaving the theater with my wife we looked at each other and thought "Wow! Do you want to turn around and see that again? That was awesome!". I really got all emotional because I thought it was THAT good. But then again I knew the purpose, knew where it was going and all the tragedy was expected. It did its job very very well I thought and I ranked it 3rd behind ESB and ANH.

ANH is my favorite because of the impact it made. I thought it was the best paced and most well told story in cinematic history with the exception of MAYBE Wizard of Oz (yes I know that was a book but the flow and pace was supreme).

So, with that in mind, how will I feel about this one?

21. Forceuser707

Apr 23, 2015
    You make sense ... BUT... if someone comes in here and sees the chart showing the majority of votes for 5th place that distorts things for old timers. Fans of the originals automatically place them above the prequels and since the question doesn't take this into account we could end up with a situation where this looks like the prequels were better movies, which is absolutely NOT the case.

It is better than all of the prequels, ROTS included and that's without doubt. Much superior acting, better production values, more humor... simply much better than any of the movies except V and maybe tied with IV. That's how I see it and I am guessing that's how most people in my generation will too.

So... I think we need two poles to avoid that kind of confusion.

22. Forceuser707

Apr 23, 2015
    I think you should prepare yourself for disappointment if you think ROTS is great.

Then again you may well up a bit for this one. It's dark.

23. kegs202

kegs202 Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 26, 2013
    I'm saying 2nd just behind Empire.

24. Chewies_bandolier

Chewies_bandolier Force Ghost star 4

May 5, 2002
    Above the PT (even ROTS) but below the OT ... on reflexion, probably because the last Vader/Luke duel in ROTJ was so powerful. It seemed to be set in a totally different universe to the PT,

Iverna likes this.
  25. Tommy-wan

Tommy-wan Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 15, 2015
    Need to see it a few more times, but for now, it could be tied for the best one with ROTS.
    I'll say this. The acting is by far better than any of the 1-6.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.