main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Diego, CA Where Science Meets Imagination - Club trip on Sunday April 1st

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by CaptPanakaBacca, Jan 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. me-gonk

me-gonk Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 17, 2003
    Sorry that we didn't get to see more of you and spend more time with you. We didn't get there until a tiny bit after 2:00 PM and we really wanted to make sure that we got into the exhibit so we didn't get about to calling anyone right away. Called Rachel as she was leaving. Pretty much caught everyone on the way out.
    We did find some of you and had a chance to chat so that was really cool.
    Crowded in there, I had a couple moment of claustrophobicness (that's so not a real word LOL). I'm glad we're going back on Friday.
    We took a ton of pictures. Have to get them downloaded and weed out the bad ones.
    Didn't even want to look at how much all of our purchases came to...just handed over the card and signed ;)

2. Danakin_Skywalker

Danakin_Skywalker Jedi Master star 1

Jan 30, 2005
    Had a great time seeing everyone!! Look forward to this kind of magic soon.

3. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Well the day got funnier. In attempting to find a "new" route to take Marty home, I kept missing the freeway exits and ended up in Mission Valley. We figured we were in the area, so we went and took pictures next to the R2 mailbox.

Great to see everyone today!

4. me-gonk

me-gonk Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 17, 2003
    Rachel, we took your directions advice and took the 15N to the 60W (which turns into the 10W), hopped onto the 110S and exited Expedition Blvd following the directions off the museum's site from that point on. We hit like no traffic and got there in about 2 hours I think it was, and that included hitting an In N Out drive thru on the way. It was brilliant!
    I think that's the way we're going to be taking to C4 as we spotted the convention center exit just as the 10 turns off onto the 110.
    Thanks!!!

5. JediZabrak

JediZabrak Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 12, 2004
    We had a great time w/ everybody! Amber & I especially liked the Millenium Falcon ride! [face_dancing]

6. Jedi_Pam

Jedi_Pam Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 15, 2006
    I had a great time. I love Dinosaurs so I really enjoyed the IMAX. I had to control myself not to reach out to touch the Dinosaurs when they got in my face. I really liked the Exhibit. I took pictures of everything. The Millenium Falcon ride was awesome. I also got to sit in the Pilot's seat. :) I bought 2 really neat 12x18 3D pictures in the SW Shop. One is a montage of the Original Movies and one is a montage of Mace Windu, Anakin, Obi-wan and Yoda. I also bought 2 'Post Cards' that are about 7 1/2" x 10". One has Luke and Leia and in the background is Anakin and Padme. The other one is Anakin and Obi-Wan with Darth Vader and Obi-Wan in their dual in the background. I also bought an Anakin/Padme Bookmark that has a small piece of film in it, and the Star Wars Where Science Meets Imagination T-Shirt.

Matt, thanks for the ride. :)

7. Jedi_Pam

Jedi_Pam Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 15, 2006
    I'm really surprised only 5 of us commented on this trip.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.