main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Which Beatles album is your favorite?

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by Son of the Suns, Jul 28, 2001.

?

Which Beatles album is your favorite?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. A Hard Day's Night

4.2%
  2. Help!

3.0%
  3. Rubber Soul

5.5%
  4. Revolver

7.9%
  5. Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band

23.0%
  6. Magical Mystery Tour

4.8%
  7. The Beatles (The White Album)

19.4%
  8. Abbey Road

20.0%
  9. Let it Be

1.8%
  10. Other

10.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Son of the Suns

Son of the Suns Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 6, 1999
    Sapient, I agree. Revolver remains my favorite. I remember when I first heard it... pure bliss.

barns: Why vote, then? Why even post?

2. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    I'm partial to any album that has my name in it. Ring my friend I said you'd call Dr. Robert. I love the red and blue greatest hits albums. But I have to admit that some of my favorite songs are the less played one's like Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite, When I'm Sixty-Four, Taxman, I am the Walrus, Rocky Raccoon, and The Continuing Story of Bungalow Bill.

3. barnsthefatjedi

barnsthefatjedi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 17, 2001
    To give results more reflective of everyone's view points, rather than just those who like the Beatles. :)

4. Son of the Suns

May 6, 1999
    That would be appropriate if this were a "Do you like The Beatles?" poll, but it's not. It's a poll for those who like The Beatles to vote on their favorite album. You have to like one of the albums listed or one of the albums not listed, otherwise you're making the poll less accurate.

5. Jedi-Corleone

Jedi-Corleone Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    C'mon dude, it's all in the name of fun... :D

6. barnsthefatjedi

Feb 17, 2001
    Hmmm, that's not what I derived from the title. Sorry if I have made your poll inaccurate. Perhaps in future, you should put 'for Beatles fans only'. I may just be stupid, but it didn't seem that way to me. :) ;)

7. Son of the Suns

May 6, 1999
    Well, I thought "Which Beatles album is your favorite?" was pretty self-explainatory, but I guess not....

8. Jedi-Corleone

Oct 28, 2001
    Y'know, if accuracy is your thang, then you should have an option for "not a fan", otherwise you're not getting an accurate cross-section of the JC, only the Beatles fans.

Which is discriminating against the non-Beatles fans... or something... ;)

9. Son of the Suns

May 6, 1999
    "Y'know, if accuracy is your thang, then you should have an option for "not a fan","

No, that would be a waste of valuable space on the poll. And once again, this is not a poll on whether you like the Beatles or not.

"otherwise you're not getting an accurate cross-section of the JC, only the Beatles fans."

Well, duh. Why should the votes of those who don't like any of the albums matter in a poll about favorite albums? And btw, "Other" is for the albums not listed, like Beatles For Sale and Yellow Submarine.

10. Jedi-Corleone

Oct 28, 2001
    DAMMIT! I didn't think of Yellow Submarine... :(

11. barnsthefatjedi

Feb 17, 2001
    I guess you have a point.

12. Nrf-Hrdr

Nrf-Hrdr Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 3, 2000
    Given that the 'official' George Harrison thread in community is half full of flippant and inane comments by non-Beatles fans, I'm going to put my tribute to him here instead (this thread being only a quarter or so full of flippant and inane comments by non-Beatles fans).

I can?t say I was all that surprised by the news given the fact it was basically inevitable, but that doesn?t make me any less sad about it. It hit me particularly hard because last night I had an odd whim and played all of George's Beatles tracks (of the ones I own at least) in consecutive order, and I was just thinking how great and painfully underrated they were (and he was). I personally think he had a even greater grasp of psychedelia then John (check out Love You To and The Inner Light), and songs like While My Guitar Gently Weeps, Sometimes and Here Comes The Sun are easily equal to, if not better then, the best that Lennon or McCartney produced. At least now he might finally get the widespread recognition for them that he deserved.

That?s not to mention the fact that without him we wouldn't have films like Time Bandits, Mona Lisa, Withnail & I or Monty Python's Life Of Brian, which on it's own would be reason enough to pay tribute to the man.

R.I.P, with the emphesis, of course, on 'peace'.

13. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    Nice tribute :)

My favorite band is and has always been The Beatles. I have all the albums and they continue to inspire me to this day. George Harrison was only in his 20's when they disbanded. No one in here can claim to have changed the world before the age of 30. Their songs are timeless. And therein lies the appeal.

14. Son of the Suns

May 6, 1999
    Very nice tributes, Nrf-Herd and Sapient.

For some reason, I had a very strong urge to listen to Rubber Soul this morning. I had no idea that he had already passed, and that was for the best, because for the last time, I was able to listen to a Beatles album without mourning him. Perhaps subconciously, I paid particular attention to his sitar playing on "Norwegian Wood" and to the two songs he wrote, "Think For Yourself" and "If I Needed Someone". This was a very powerful listening experience. And then, just an hour after the album ended, I heard the news....

Lennon and McCartney may have had many more classics under their belt, but Harrison had a lot of them, too. And they would never have gotten as far as they did without his help. I mentioned Abbey Road in an earlier post, and he truly had the two best songs on that album. He will be missed. May he rest in the peace that he always wanted.

15. Sate_Pestage

Sate_Pestage Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2001
    This one was hard. They are all amazing but, Ill have to say The White Album.

16. TheBoogieMan

TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 14, 2001
    dunno...which one is lady maddonna on?

17. Patches

Patches Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 4, 2002
    Abbey Road. It wtarts off with some classic songs, and I absolutely love the way every song at the end of it just kind of blends together.

18. Jorus_Kando

Jorus_Kando Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    A Hard Day's Night. First Beatles album I heard (and owned), and still my favorite.

19. Grand_Moff_Monkey

Grand_Moff_Monkey Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 29, 2001
    dunno...which one is lady maddonna on?

It's not on any of the albums. It was a single just before Revolver, but isn't on the album. Quite a few of their famous songs were were released only as singles. "She loves you", "I wanna hold your hand" etc.

Pastmasters Volumes 1 & 2 collect all their non-album singles and b-sides together.

I voted for Rubber Soul. "In my life" is one of my favourite songs ever. Also it's one of their only albums with no bad tracks on it at all. :D

20. GasCabbie

GasCabbie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 28, 2001
    Blue Album.

21. Gandalf the Grey

Gandalf the Grey Jedi Knight star 6

May 14, 2000
    Screw it. I'll just say One.

22. Champion of the Force

Champion of the Force Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 27, 1999
    Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band

23. Son of the Suns

May 6, 1999
    "Pastmasters Volumes 1 & 2 collect all their non-album singles and b-sides together."

And to be specific, Volume 2 is the CD that has "Lady Madonna". Besides that song, it has other classics like "Hey Jude", "Revolution" and the non-"Wall of Sound" version of "Let it Be". Highly recommended.

24. Grand_Moff_Monkey

Grand_Moff_Monkey Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 29, 2001
    I couldn't remember if it was on the end of Volume One or the start of Two. They're both cool anyway. I love the version of Across the Universe on Volume 2.

25. FakeHandLuke

FakeHandLuke Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 19, 2001
    Rubber Soul.

I can't say why, I don't think it is "better" than Abbey Road or Sgt. Pepper, there is just something about that record that gives me a good vibe, and Norwiegan Wood - oh what a great song,

I had forgot about past masters, i have them on tape somewhere, I love the German versions of She Loves You and I Wanna Hold Your Hand

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.