main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Which one is Shada?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Guinastasia, Mar 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guinastasia

Guinastasia Force Ghost star 6

Jun 9, 2002
    Okay, in the story "Hammertong" from Tales from the Mos Eisley Cantina, Timothy Zahn informs us that the so-called "Tonnika Sisters" from the cantina were actually Shada D'ukal and her partner Karoly undercover.

The only question-which one is which?
    I'm guessing Shada is the one in blue?

2. Qui-Gonn Jinn

Qui-Gonn Jinn Jedi Youngling star 3

May 1, 1999
    Formerly a member of the Mistryl, a group of female warriors from the planet Emberlene. An honorable group, the Mistryl were commissioned by the Eleven Elders of the People (of the planet Emberlene). The Mistryl sold their services and combat skills to 'the oppressed and powerless' in order to earn money for their devastated planet. She was a bad@$$.
    Who cares which is which? lol I don't think there's been anything written that says one way or another.

3. RogueWompRat

RogueWompRat Jedi Youngling star 4

Feb 15, 2003
    AAHHH!! Cher! AHHHHHH!!! 2 Chers! :eek:

4. Guinastasia

Jun 9, 2002
    I already know all about the Mistryl and Shada, I just like speculating.

5. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002
    Ah! I hadn't seen that before. Good catch, Guin. So that's where that drawing originated from, that small character illustration each of the Tales books' chapter title page had.

Shada and Karoly . . . it's hard to say.

6. Stormtrooper_Shrink

Stormtrooper_Shrink Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2004
    I thought Shada was the one in the back of screen. but your guess is as good as mine.

7. Pelranius

Pelranius Jedi Master star 5

Apr 25, 2003
    That hairdo would be very convenient for hiding stuff.

8. Cobranaconda

Cobranaconda Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 3, 2004
    I think that she was the green one, mainly because she is hotter.

9. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    was there any indication from Hammertong on who was taller?

wait... Decipher's card "Double Agent" shows this one to be Shada:
    [image=http://www.decipher.com/starwars/cardlists/anewhope/light/images/doubleagent.gif]

if anyone can get a better scan of the card than what is currently on the decipher site, to see the colors better...
    but i think Shada is the green-clothed one.

can we match Shada to her cover name (either Brea or Senni) and then to clothing?

10. Stormtrooper_Shrink

Feb 11, 2004
    I don't know which is which but maybe this will show up better:

Hmmm...didn't work...

But in that picture, I've changed my mind to the one in front. Shada was the more experienced, so she'd have been the one sort of in the front of it all.

11. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    [image=http://www.decipher.com/starwars/cardlists/anewhope/light/images/doubleagent.gif] [image=http://www.decipher.com/starwars/cardlists/premiere/dark/images/tonnikasisters.gif]

Front one is her.

12. Stormtrooper_Shrink

Feb 11, 2004
    That's what I thought :) Mine didn't show up.

13. 7-7-7

7-7-7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 15, 2002
    Has anyone ever noticed just how many important and significant historical figures happened to be at the Mos Eisley cantina that day? Unless someone wants to speculate that it was the Force bringing all of those people together, than Tatooine must not be the farthest planet from the center of the galaxy after all if Han and Chewie, Boba Fett, Luke, Obi-Wan and the droids, Shada D'ukal and Karoly D'ulin (thats her name, right?) Momaw Nadon, that blood-sucking vampire creature, the mad scientist with his Ando slave, that guy who worked for Karrde with the really fast ship, and so on, and so on, all were there at the exact same time.

14. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I think the SW films have long ago abandoned any pretense that Tatooine is the planet "farthest from the bright center of the universe" as Luke claims [face_batting]

15. Guinastasia

Jun 9, 2002
    Ah, actually, I have to say I'm glad, as I thought the one in green was the prettier one. I know that sounds stupid, but I don't care.

I just figured the blue one, since she looks to be the one in charge in that photo.

16. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    Has anyone ever noticed just how many important and significant historical figures happened to be at the Mos Eisley cantina that day? Unless someone wants to speculate that it was the Force bringing all of those people together, than Tatooine must not be the farthest planet from the center of the galaxy after all if Han and Chewie, Boba Fett, Luke, Obi-Wan and the droids, Shada D'ukal and Karoly D'ulin (thats her name, right?) Momaw Nadon, that blood-sucking vampire creature, the mad scientist with his Ando slave, that guy who worked for Karrde with the really fast ship, and so on, and so on, all were there at the exact same time.

just a typical day in a criminal spaceport. you should see who was in the cantina two days later!
    everybody's got a story...

17. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    I can see why all the authors describe her as very attractive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.