main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Which should I get my dad for Hanukkah?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Elensara, Sep 8, 2004.

?

Which should I get my dad for Hanukkah?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. The holy Trilogy. Nothing beats SW.

37.5%
  2. Extended RotK. (follow my tradition set w/Fellowship and TTT)

62.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
  2. Elensara

Apr 2, 2002
    I know it's waaay early, but since we're talking about SW on dvd and such, it got me to thinking...

Tell me if you think buying dad dvds is stupid, but you'd better tell me what I should give him instead! He likes all the sci-fi stuff, just not quite as much as I do.

3. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    Traditions are cool, I'd stick with LOTR since it seems to be a theme. :)

4. Adrian_Skywalker

Adrian_Skywalker Jedi Master star 3

Aug 11, 2004
    Star Wars!! Nothing but..Star Wars. First time ever on DVD. Its a must.

5. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    Cr@p, is it that time of the year again!??!?!
    I was at Wal*Mart last weekend, and they're already putting out Holiday decorations.

Go for the Trilogy. No household should be without it (no more debates or whining about O-OT). Hey! Now I know what to get my parents! Thanks Elensara!

6. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    Follow tradition, leave the OT for later. We get the Extendo version for Mr. DH's brother-in-law every year for his birthday. I think we'll get him the trilogy for Christmas. He still likes full screen versions! He's not worthy, I know but we make a point of getting him the widescreen ones.

I don't think getting family members DVDs is a bad idea. Most parents have everything they need and most anything else will just sit around any way.

7. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    Stick with your tradition. If for some reason he never got around to getting the RotK Ex version then he would have an incomplete set, and I hate incomplete anything.

8. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    If your dad is like my Dad, he'll watch the Star Wars DVD's and go on and on complaining about how different it is. And then 3 months later after he's watched it 200 times, he'll say it's okay. Then 4 months later, he'll say it's the greatest thing ever. Better to skip all that nonsense and complete the LotR trilogy for him. That also saves you the lecture on finishing what you started.

9. DarthZuhl

DarthZuhl Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 27, 2003

LOL!!! that is sooo funny. Go for ROTK ext. Nuthin' really, just to complete the set.

10. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    I voted for ROTK EXV too. It's always nice to have a complete set. Save the Holy Trilogy for his bday maybe?

EDIT: I'm already setting out my Halloween decorations -- 'course for BeSo and me, it's kinda Halloween year-round ;)!

11. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    It's all about the Saga of Anakin Sywalker and his son. Stick to the basics. Plus, the extra DVD will rock.

12. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    I would like to see photos at least of JB and BeSo's place decorated during Halloween. I bet it is way cool and disturbing. Probably put Saw to shame.

13. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    SkyRyder, let's just put it this way: BeSo has a REAL, full human skeleton. Always on display in the studio. Even I shudder a little!

Sorry for hasketting the thread! [face_blush]

14. Elensara

Apr 2, 2002
    Whoa! Forget pictures! Can I come over?

15. Ryloth_bounty_hunter

Ryloth_bounty_hunter Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 11, 2003
    I could never choose between the two.

16. Tikei-Fore-Tu-Wan

Tikei-Fore-Tu-Wan Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 9, 2003
    I, too, voted for the ROTK XE: Continuance of the tradition is cool, without contributing further to the revising of the "Holiest of Holies". It's like painting stripes on the Mona Lisa's dress, because her garb is just so "drab". If Lucas was DaVinci revising the painting 20 years later: "We just didn't have the fashions or the paints back then that we do now, I can finally paint the Mona Lisa as she was meant to be! IN Yellow and Pink Stripes with lots and lots of dots, so when you move your head back and forth real fast you get the illusion of even MORE action!" Bah-humbug on the R-OT...<-- The Rot, that's what I'm gonna call it from now on, because that's what it is, as far as I'm concerned.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.