main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tampa, FL Which Theater on May 16th

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Lord_Darkseid, Apr 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord_Darkseid

Lord_Darkseid Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 3, 2001
    I wanted to see AOTC on the best screen, with the best sound, and with a bunch of fans.

Where is everyone going to see AOTC on the premiere date? I was considering YBOR Centro.

2. Sereana

Sereana Jedi Youngling

Apr 6, 2002
    It looks like we are going to R/C Theatres at Parkside Mall in St. Petersburg. This is a new complex with stadium seating and great sound. We may be doing roleplaying performances for the opening weekend and day....Do you have a costume for roleplaying???? Come join us.

3. Joey7F

Joey7F Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 18, 2000
    Veteran's 24 is a good theater and has a good sound system. I think this will be where I will go because the digital showing in orlando has not been confirmed for midnight.

--Joey

4. Master_Maxm

Master_Maxm Jedi Youngling

Feb 10, 2002
    I'm thinking Veterans 24. IF we can get there early enough. While I do love the movie experience, the waiting in line with my wife grumbling experience is a little less than pleasurable. ;)

5. Joey7F

Apr 18, 2000
    What if you just drop off a lawn chair? That way it holds your place in line ;)

--Joey

6. Soto_Fett

Soto_Fett Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 15, 2002
    I think I have something that would sway you to coming to Pinellas Park for the viewing. This is a section off the the TheForce.net news.

The Tampa Bay area's moviegoing experience is preparing to take a digital leap into the future. R/C Theaters Parkside 16 in Parkside Mall in Pinellas Park is installing two digital projection systems, in time for the May 16 debut of Star Wars: Episode II -- Attack of the Clones, created by George Lucas with this technological breakthrough in mind.

7. Darth_Ugabuga

Darth_Ugabuga Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 3, 2002
    I am still planning to to to the Downtown Disney with som friends but i wish they would release officially when tickets go on sale grr.

8. Joey7F

Apr 18, 2000
    Ubanga: Are they showing the midnight premiere in digital? As far as I could make out, that was still up in the air.

What about the pinnelas park one? Are they doing the midnight thing in digital?

--Joey

9. Lord_Darkseid

Jul 3, 2001
    OH MY GAWD!!!

R/C Theaters Parkside 16 in Parkside Mall getting Digital Projectors!

Unbelievably good fortune! That just blew the h3ll out of my dillema of where to be on May 16th.

SO IT IS WRITTEN ... SO IT SHALL BE DONE!

Now I've just got to figure out how to get there from Brandon. I'm off -- to Yahoo Maps!

Later

BTW, Anyone know if this place is selling advance tickets yet?

10. Lord_Darkseid

Jul 3, 2001
    Uhh ... alright.

I just looked up Pinellas Park Mall and realized that I've been there before. Isn't that the really ghetto theater in the really ghetto mall on the corner of Gandy and Highway 19? Did they recently construct a whole new theater in a separate building or something ... I mean the place I'm thinking of was pretty raggedy.

Someone ... please tell me there's a new facility across the street from that old, decrepit, and rundown Mall that could only charge a buck for old out of date movies.

Anxiously waiting for a response with my fingers crossed.

EDIT: Never mind. I just scrolled back up and read Sereana's post stating that this was a new facility.

I'm excited again.

11. Joey7F

Apr 18, 2000
    Is this theater in the Ghetto? A midnight showing may not be the best idea there...

--Joey

12. Lord_Darkseid

Jul 3, 2001
    Don't worry, it's not literally in THE GHETTO.

I just meant the mall and theater are relatively old and run down compared to the newer malls with stadium seating and digital sound systems.

13. Soto_Fett

Soto_Fett Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 15, 2002
    No It is fine, they just redid the mall and the theater. It is actualy nice now. And it is not in a bad neighborhood.

14. DarthJerky

DarthJerky Jedi Youngling

Mar 27, 2002
    Geez, try to post some good news and you get ignored! I may sound like Jan Brady here, but I was the first to post the info about the Parkside mall, and I get no replies.

Actually, I hope everyone goes to Parkside R/C. Because that's going to be "Freak Central" now. Then I can enjoy the movie in my nearby theatre without smelling or seeing anything odd.

Screw you guys. Count me out of "Tampa Fan Force".

15. LiquidTaco

LiquidTaco Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2002
    Regency 20, closest to my house, and i can tolerate the freak'n terndy teens for one night, hell i gotta do it Firday night for spiderman. I'll just be sure to bring my Hasbro light saber to fend those lil punks off :)

16. Lord_Darkseid

Jul 3, 2001
    Damn, who peed on DarthJerky's Birthday cake?

17. Lord_Darkseid

Jul 3, 2001
    Hey LiquidTaco,
    Believe it or not I live within walking distance of the Regency 20 and I'm gonna drive all the way to St. Pete to see it in that new Pinellas Park cinema. I've gotta see what all the hype is about with these new DLP projectors.

Besides, Brandon just gets TOO PACKED with the High School crowd.

18. LiquidTaco

LiquidTaco Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2002
    heh i agree. My groups original plan was to hit Downtown Disney. But due to work and crap half of em wouldnt beable too.

So we just choose to stay in town, and since we're not a dress up type group...we are all just buying Hasbro Sabers and are gonna beat the piss outta each other while we wait :)....goin to get in line tomorrow morning :)

19. MasterQuiGonJinn

MasterQuiGonJinn Jedi Youngling

May 1, 2002
    Proud to be one of the "freaks". Besides we like Star Wars we're already FREAKS!!!!!!
    I just happen to be one of the Freaks at Parkside (look for the Quite Gone Jerry and you'll find me) I'll be dressed as the dead guy for Ep1

20. Zuirder_Zee

Zuirder_Zee Jedi Youngling

May 4, 2002
    Just for everyone's info. The R/C Theater in Pinellas Park is brand new. I think it opened sometime in 2001?? Yes, it is attached to a mall that is worthless and most of the stores are out of business. But the theater is just as nice (if not better) than Regency, Veterans, or BayWalk. The only difference is it only has 16 screens. And it is not in a bad part of town. Sure, Pinellas Park is not the greatest place to live, but it is not the ghetto by any stretch. I have purchased my tickets already. Ask for theater 3 or 4, those are the new digital projectors. I live in Port Charlotte and I am making the trek. But, as of yesterday (Friday) there is no word on a midnight screening.

21. Lord_Darkseid

Jul 3, 2001
    I was there Friday at 11:30 AM to buy my tickets and see Spider-man. I was given the option to buy a Midnight ticket 12:01AM May 16th.

There is definitely a Midnight show at Pinellas Park.

BTW: I'll be in Theater 4 at 12Noon on the 16th. Then Theater 4 again for the 3:00PM show.

Spider-Man was good, but I now know that AOTC will crush it.

22. Mercilor

Mercilor Jedi Youngling

Apr 11, 2002
    Midnight show at Pinellas Park is now sold out.

I was buying tickets for my and five friends (six people). When I got there, there were six tickets left. Thank you, God. =)

Just glad I didn't drive all the way from Sarasota (at 100MPH the whole way, even over the skyway and up HW19) for nothing. I still can't believe they won't sell tickets over the phone/net.

23. Darth-Homer

Darth-Homer Jedi Youngling

May 4, 2002
    I got my ticket for the midnight showing at R/C Theatre Parkside Mall on Friday. I can't believe they sold out so fast; must be due to the digital projection.

So how many of you will be there at midnight.
    I'm interested to see how many will show up in costume.

24. Sereana_Nightstar

Sereana_Nightstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2002
    Yahoo!!
    Going to the midnight show also at R/C theatre in PP. Also, the 1:30pm and doing our meet and greet later that afternoon and evening. This is so exciting!!! Come on folks let's here from you fans out there. This is a nice theatre, digital is great, much clearer, better color and just outragous. You would know the difference if you saw it in film first, then digital afterwards. There is so mch to see in this film.

25. Tampa2000

Tampa2000 Jedi Youngling

Dec 9, 2001
    Hey everyone. I don't know about you, but I am getting serious Star Wars fever. I'm at the office (where I'm supposed to be working) just checking out Espisode 2 stuff on the site. I went to Waldenbooks last night and saw all the new publications related to Episode 2. Check out the big coffee table book on the "the making of" Episode 2. It has a copy of the script in the back with pictures from the film. By the way, my friends and I have tickets for the 7pm show at Westshore Mall in Tampa on opening night. Anyone from TFN is welcome, just post a reply and we'll arrange a meeting place at the theater. Hope to see you there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.