main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Who can beat Superman?

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Books and Comics' started by Frosted_Lemon_Jedi, Nov 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soontir-Fel

Soontir-Fel Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2001
    SUPERMAN WAS GOING EASY

The entire fact that Batman had his entire lower jaw exposed and Superman didn't simply punch him there shows that he wasn't trying. And by the time he actually was trying he was hit by Kryptonite and weak.

2. Frosted_Lemon_Jedi

Frosted_Lemon_Jedi Jedi Youngling

Oct 25, 2006
    Well, then Superman is a loser for misunderstanding the gravity of the situation. Thats still HIS fault.

3. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    I'd have to go with their fight in Hush as evidence for who'd win in a Batman/Superman throwdown. There's no saying Supes wasn't trying to kill him in that (he was; this wasn't an arrest like in DKR, it was kill, as far as I can tell) and Batman, well, he's Batman. Unprepared is not his game. He goes to Metropolis, he takes the ring. :p

That being said, if Superman just plain got nasty one day and just decided to off Batman for the hell of it, he could. Even Batman isn't gonna take a punch that's coming off a guy flying at supersonic speed. :p

4. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    Goku or Vegeta could give Superman a run for his money.

5. Frosted_Lemon_Jedi

Oct 25, 2006
    I'd have to agree with that. Goku is probably easily a match for Superman once he turns Super Saiyan.

At Super Saiyan 4, He would crush Superman.

Superman would be an insect next to Vegitto or Gogeta.

6. DRHJ9

DRHJ9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2003
    The only people who I would say could (Maybe)beat Superman are:

Darksied-He has the strength, smarts, and his Omega beams!

The Hulk-All things being equal, If The Hulk was at his most powerful, He has as much of a chance as Doomsday. (that is a fight I would love to see.)

Doomsday-Has done it before.

Thanos-with the infinity gauntlet. It took a lot of marvel super heroes to take him down with it. Without it, he would still give the man of steel problems.

Apocolypse-Who knows what he would do, become 50 stories tall, or teleport all over the place, but he would make an interesting match.

Gladiator-Maybe....The X-men cartoon ruined it for me, He got all he could handle from Rouge! But he did throw Juggernaught a long way!

Hiro Nakamura- I did it!!! Just kidding!:p

7. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Thanos doesn't need the Infinity Gauntlet. He clowns on the Silver Surfer every time they fight and SS > Superman.

If Thanos has the Infinity Gauntlet he's practically the most powerful being in the universe, he would murder any of the DC heroes in that state.

8. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    Yep..

9. NJOfan215

NJOfan215 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 17, 2003
    Do you think Vulcan (uncanny x men, deadly genisis) would be able to give superman a run for his money?

10. MarcusP2

Jul 10, 2004
    He certainly would since he's a beast. But he's also lost to Gladiator, so Supes would have a shot.

11. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    What about Thor given Superman's magic vulnerability?

12. DarthPhelps

DarthPhelps Jedi Master star 5

Jan 31, 2002
    They tussled in the JLA/Avengers crossover event from what, 2 years ago?

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v206/DarthPhelps/JC%20Misc/AVENGERS_JLA_3.jpg]

Thor drew blood and landed a few good blows, but as the battle progressed Supes got the upper hand. The Avengers had to jump in the fray fearing that Thor was going to get killed.

13. darth_paul

darth_paul Jedi Master star 5

Apr 24, 2000
    As others have pointed out... This is one of Superman's weaknesses, as much as Batman's planning is one of his strengths. Who would win a fight is not simply about physical strength; it's about character and custom and how one tends to act. If Superman's going easy early on caused him to lose, that is a weakness and a contributing factor as surely as if he'd had some sort of physical weakness. And it's worth noting that this seems to be a weakness Batman was aware of and prepared to capitalize on.

-Paul

14. Frosted_Lemon_Jedi

Oct 25, 2006
    I am gonna state once again...the Hulk has been soundly beaten by Superman each and every time they have fought.

Superman > The Hulk.

That being said, I agree with most of the other choices.

15. JediImprov

JediImprov Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 6, 2003
    In Infinity Crisis, Superman sure beat Batman. ( and that's canon, unlike DKR)

16. Frosted_Lemon_Jedi

Oct 25, 2006
    Does anyone think Magneto could take Superman?

P.S. Unrelated Question: Is Thanos w/ Infinity Gauntlet stronger than Galactus? And, if so, why do villains like Galactus and Darkseid have to job to everyone and lose their credibility?

(This is especially angering, since Thanos is such a blatant ripoff of Darkseid.)

17. Sabrajaguar

Sabrajaguar Jedi Youngling star 4

Dec 22, 2001
    Galactus....While drowsy and suffering from a hangover.

18. DRHJ9

DRHJ9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2003

:confused: Superman would wipe the floor with SS.

19. Soontir-Fel

Soontir-Fel Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2001
    Superman: Sacrifice, which was a lead into Infinite Crisis actually.

Also, didn't it take the Pressence to take down Thanos with the IG?

20. Frosted_Lemon_Jedi

Oct 25, 2006
    Never heard ANYONE pick Superman in that fight before.

21. khabarakh23

khabarakh23 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2005
    Magneto might stand half a chance if he could keep out of Superman's reach

Possibly an extremely lucky Apollo from The Authority

22. MarcusP2

Jul 10, 2004
    Thanos with the Gauntlet (anyone with the Gauntlet really) is for all intents and purposes omnipotent. When he had it he exterminated one third of the life in the galaxy with a thought.

"With it, virtually anything is possible, and its power is several orders of magnitude greater than that of a single cosmic cube. With the Infinity Gauntlet, Thanos was able to overthrow Eternity to briefly become the supreme being in the Marvel Universe."

"Thanos reduces his omipotence, and utilizes only the Power Gem to battle the Earth's defenders who include such heavyweights as the Hulk, Sub-Mariner, Wolverine, Cyclops, Thor, Iron Man, Spider Man, and Doctor Doom. Thanos beats them all! Afterwards he is faced with Eternity's Cosmic Brigade who include Galactus, Lord Chaos and Master Order, Two Celestials, and lastly Kronos and Eon. He kicks their kiesters as well before Eternity shows up and gets his hiney handed to him."

So yeah, basically Thanos with IG >>>> anyone you can think of.

At first, yeah Thanos was a DS ripoff. But he's evolved since then. Now he's badass. Also dead.

23. khabarakh23

khabarakh23 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2005
    I reckon Superman v Silver Surfer would be quite an even match, with Superman eventually coming out on top

24. Panther50

Panther50 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2004
    What about WonderWoman shes supposed to be pretty powerful, I don't know if shes ever beaten Superman, but I presume she could give him a good fight.

25. MarcusP2

Jul 10, 2004
    Wonder Woman has beaten down Superman before because she has magic weapons.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.