main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Who dropped Rey off on Jakku. - Theories

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by LastJediKnight, Dec 30, 2015.

1. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    Or, like the identity of Rey's parents, they wont reveal it at all in Episode VIII. Leaving us to futilely hope that we will finally get the answer in Episode IX. :rolleyes: :p

2. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I hope not. There's so much to explain as it is? Rey's background should be revealed. All of it. If there's anything they will hold back for IX, I would think it's Snoke's background, as well as the Knights of Ren. But even that, they should start telling us something in VIII.

Baron_Papanerd likes this.
  3. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    they should reveal the answer to her parentage in VIII and wrap it up in IX,
    basically answer the questions in relation to the answer in the final movie.

4. Tycalibur

Tycalibur Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 26, 2001

Key word was 'might'. ;) Me, I'm for the idea that Solo had a fling with someone after separating from Leia. But a lot of fans are rooting for her being sired by Luke. Either way...the most believable story twist I can think up is that Rey was mishappenly left on Jakku because her mother (whoever she is) was running from someone hunting her. She never made it back because her hunter succeeded. :(

5. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    No one 'dropped Rey off' she was born on Jakku, a virgin birth (ala Anakin/Shmi).

Rey's mother probably told Unkar Plutt to mind her while she went off to find a Jedi to help explain what happened to her, possibly under direction from Church of the Force devotees like Lor San Tekka.

I guess she's out there, still looking or died trying?

6. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Other than the virgin birth, yeah, I can see that. As some type of collateral, Plutt allowed Rey's mother to borrow his ship in return for Rey, in case she didn't return. Maybe Ben Solo (under orders from Snoke at the time) delivered her to his new master instead of his uncle, and the Supreme Leader ended up her killing her when she wouldn't tell him where her daughter was. It would explain somewhat of how Kylo Ren knew of Rey before he even met her. It sounds thin, but I can see something like that happening.

J7Luke likes this.
  7. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    MOD EDIT: Let's not