main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

who else likes to collect s.w store displays?

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by OBIX1, Apr 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OBIX1

OBIX1 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 7, 2002
    who else here like to collect the store displays,like pepsi,frito lay,cardboard standups and stuff like that? I do! if you do,post here :D

2. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    I have a few store displays at home. They're pretty nice, because sometimes they can be used to display other items too. However, they tend to take up quite a bit of room. I have a couple AOTC DVD/VHS displays, some TPM Pepsi displays, a TPM book display, and some other smaller displays.

3. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    I have several store displays... the only problem with them is they take up a lot of room. I have the Episode I VHS display, it is 6 feet tall and has Obi-wan on one side and Amidala on the other. Then I have an Episode I poster display box... it is huge! I also have the danglers display, and a few Star Wars book displays, a Star Wars CCG display, and a lifesize Darth Maul fritolay display statue (but that belongs to my fanforce chapter... we just keep it at my house.) Here are some pics (I use my displays to display other items however):

[image=http://images.fotki.com/v9/photos/4/42811/152894/SWRoom14-vi.jpg]

[image=http://images.fotki.com/v12/photos/4/42811/152894/SWRoom15-vi.jpg]

[image=http://images.fotki.com/v12/photos/4/42811/152894/SWRoom10-vi.jpg]

4. OBIX1

Oct 7, 2002
    nice displays! :D

5. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    i have that same yoda poster. that photo mosaic i think htey are called. i have my yoda and vader on on my wall. i went and got them framed. they are so nice.

and i also have a few store displays. but not many.

6. Forcebewitya

Forcebewitya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 7, 2002
    I also collect store displays. I have more video game ones though becuase they are easier to obtain. I only have gotten 3 star wars ones, becuase of I guess Lucasfilms strict policy. But I always ask, usually the answer is no.

7. rodan70

rodan70 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 1, 2002
    I do too!

I have....
    Rogue Leader display(Gamecube)
    Jedi Outcast
    Attack of the Clones DVD
    The Phantom Menace Video
    The Phantom Menace DVD
    Lots of Wal-Mart Sw dispays
    some banners from Toys R us for episode I and II
    Special Edition Darth Vader Pepsi Stand-up

8. Silac5

Silac5 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 12, 2001
    The only one I have is a Scholastic "How Tall Are You" Jar Jar stand up from WaldenBooks. I didn't even seek it out, I was in the bookstore about a month after TPM came out and I had several Star Wars items at the checkout. The manager saw me and asked me if I would like this stand up of Jar Jar. Now from what I've been able to deduce I'm one of only three people who actually liked Jar Jar so I said sure. If you ever want to get strange looks try walking through a crowded mall carrying a six foot Jar Jar standup. :p

In my current collection room I don't have room for Jar Jar, so he's put up behind a shelf. However my two year old absolutely adores Jar Jar so I think next year I'm going to move Jar Jar into his room.

9. darthspino

darthspino Tucson FF Founding Member star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    Wow, how do you all get these store displays?

10. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    I have the store display of half of vaders face and reads "Star Wars, the original one last time" Its like 6.5 feet tall. It was from the run of the original cuts of the films before the special editions. i also have from the special edition run in theaters the 30 foot long Taco bell star wars banner that that hung from the roof in front of a taco bell. It has vader, a stormtrooper, boba on the left and Chewie, 3po and R2 on the right and just reads star wars special edition. No Taco bell anything on it. i wont say how i obtained that except it involved a 2am run with a pocket knife. God, the risks I took when younger. it was a very busy street. =P

11. Jack_T_Chance

Jack_T_Chance Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2002
    I have only ever acquired 1 Star Wars in-store promotional standee.
    About 5 years ago, I worked for a national software retailer. While working there, the game X-Wing: Rogue Squadron was released for N64 and eventually the PC. We got in a standee for the game. It was a nearly life-size standee of Luke in his X-Wing flight suit. In all, the entire standee is roughly 5 feet tall. When the store no longer needed it, it became mine. :cool:
    So, that's it for my collection. :)

12. robertyodarugenstein

robertyodarugenstein Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2002
    I have the Episode II VCR/DVD poster.

13. Darthvaderocks06

Darthvaderocks06 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2003
    I have both the TPM & AOTC store movie displays. I also have tons of signs promoting SW sales from different stores.

14. Forcebewitya

Forcebewitya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 7, 2002
    "I have the store display of half of vaders face and reads "Star Wars, the original one last time" Its like 6.5 feet tall"

I have a stand similar to that one, it is of Vader, not acutal size of course but its his full figure. Pretty cool, however I didn't get this one from a store I bought it at a auction at a convention. I almost got a Boba/Jango display at Walden Books but those other people that worked there got em first. idiots.

Forcebewitya!

15. forceguy

forceguy Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2001
    Yeah, I've just recently started getting into collecting store displays (well, as of 1999). I have a few Episode 1 displays (including an inflatable gold Yoda can) & quite a few AOTC displays. I'm still trying to find a good deal on that Toys R Us AOTC Anakin/Vader vinyl banner that featured a full shot of Anakin wearing his Jedi robes.

BTW, those are some very nice displays Mara Jade Fan!

16. OBIX1

Oct 7, 2002
    I forgot to tell what I had!

I have a 1999 7' qui-gon papsi standup
    and a fritolay "find the hero inside piece" both from ebay.and I got a lightsaber display box from my wal-mart! :D

17. NotClownJ0KER

NotClownJ0KER Jedi Grand Master star 2

Apr 24, 2001
    I have a few...first, I have the huge blue and white Darth Vader "Join The Celebration" TRU Special Edition Poster, The display for the Episode I Video with young Obi-Wan and the classic trilogy characters on top, the boxes promoting the Episode II DVD that has Jango on 2 sides and Yoda on 2 sides, the tall Episode II book tie-in display that has Anakin and Jango with the background of Coruscant on the top, and the 3 foot tall Yoda Episode II DVD and video display.

18. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    It always seems like store displays spark the most conversation when people see my collection, even though I only have a few (like others said, they take too much room). I have a Pepsi Mace Windu standee, a Darth Vader SW:SE Trilogy standee, an Episode 1 soundtrack mobile, and an Indiana Jones & TOD Smuckers poster standee/display. One of my friend's dad was a district manager for Frito Lay a few years ago, so I have a bunch of Frito Lay displays that I've never bothered to assemble or display just because of their size. Maybe someday.

I'm not really interested in getting anymore though if I ever find a good deal on the Pepsi Death Star display that had the X-wing flying around it, I'd probably grab one.

19. ThePostman

ThePostman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2002
    I've got a few
    A Princess Amidala Pepsi standup
    TPM Video display
    TPM Video display with shelves
    ATOC Video display with shelves

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.