main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Who exactly knew Chancellor Palpatine was Darth Sidious?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Jordan1Kenobi, Jan 30, 2013.

1. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Mas could have stayed on Coruscant while Palps went to the Death Star.

2. PCCViking

PCCViking 6x Wacky Wednesday Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Jun 12, 2014

Yep. Even though Palpatine was setting a trap for the Rebels, he knew better than to place all of his eggs in one basket. If Mas was on the Death Star and the Rebels happened to get "lucky," there probably wouldn't be any continuity of government.

darklordoftech likes this.
  3. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    That plus somebody has to run the Empire while Palpatine is busy.

4. Darth Master Titus

Darth Master Titus Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 10, 2014
    Count Dooku definitely knew Palpatine was Sidious because in novel RoTS, right before Dooku battles Kenobi and Anakin, the text reads..."Dooku straightened and for the first time looked his master in the eyes. Darth Sidious, Dark Lord of the Sith, sat in the General's chair, shackled to it at the wrists and ankle. Dooku bowed to him. "thank you Supreme Chancellor." Palpatine of Naboo, Supreme Chancellor of the Republic, replied, "Withdraw. They are here."

If someone already posted that, sorry lol

Iron_lord likes this.
  5. Andy Wylde

Andy Wylde Jedi Master star 4

Jun 26, 2014
    I know Sly Moore had powers of mind reading. That is why she was close to Sidious. So I wouldn't doubt that she knew of his secret. Mas Amedda probably stayed on Coruscant as one of the head advisors. He was Sidious' right hand man during the rise of the empire. I would assume he was well versed in the finer workings of the imperial government. Amedda was also close with Palpatine before he got elected as chancellor. I would assume that if he stayed around Sidious all that time, he would be there for the long run.

6. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    My headcanon is that Sly Moore is a decendent of Darth Ruin and Mas Amedda gave Valorum terrible advice while Sidious told the Trade Federation that he was "keeping the Senate bogged down in procedure."

7. JediFan215

JediFan215 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 31, 2014
    Darth Ruin no longer exists

8. Elegy

Elegy Jedi Youngling

Mar 7, 2015
    Dooku, he says the senate is controlled by the Sith or something like that.

Really?