main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who was the quickest with a Saber in Episode III?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by Master_Obi-One, Nov 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Carl

Darth_Carl Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 28, 2005

2. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I did watch the lightsaber duels yesterday though (both AotC and RotS), and I still say that Dooku fought much better in RotS. In AotC he is mostly spinning his lightsaber in front of him, and aiming his swings at his opponent's sword. In RotS, his fighting style is much more no-nonsense, with most strikes actually aimed for Anakin and Obi-Wan, his footwork is better and more well-balanced, and he isn't doing as much pointless spinning.
    The only reason that Dooku won in AotC is the fact that all of a sudden Anakin holds out his right arm for no appaerent reason and allows Dooku to cut it off.

EDIT: You can read my analazys of all the lightsaber duels of the PT in this thread over at the PT-forum.

3. Fat_Bird

Fat_Bird Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 1, 2005
    I thought Obi-Wan handling Grevious pretty much showed that he's the quickest.

4. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    In what way? Grevious didn't appear that fast as a fighter.

5. Fat_Bird

Fat_Bird Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 1, 2005
    Four light sabers being wielded by a cyborg seems pretty fast to me.

6. sithrules70

sithrules70 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2005
    but you are the one who only likes to go for what you see onscreen and grievous onscreen looked like a wuss.

anakin,obi wan,sidious(when fighting yoda),yoda,dooku,maul. they all looked faster than grievous regardless of what the book says about it

7. camifladge2

camifladge2 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 11, 2005

I agree but you forgot qui-gon.:_|

8. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    He was spinning them very fast, but when he started fighting with them he wasn't very fast at all. And he had no idea how to fight with them (if he did, Obi-Wan wouldn't have stood a chance, no matter how good he was), so Obi-Wan beating him had nothing to do with speed. Only the fact that Obi-Wan knew how to fight, and Grevious didn't.

9. sithrules70

sithrules70 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2005
    thats ok ,

edit: qui gon in that list too :D

10. legion_of_me

legion_of_me Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 6, 2005
    Yeah, also remember that Grevious didn't have any ability to use the force and Obi-Wan was very strong in the force. Those facts together gave Obi-Wan a huge advantage.

11. legion_of_me

Dec 6, 2005
    Even though he gets killed in ROTS? By the way, I followed your link and I totally agree with what you said about the Yoda/Dooku fight. A lot of these saber fights should have been choreographed a lot better. The fight scene with Anakin using two sabers was even worse.

12. MaceWindu_is_GOD

MaceWindu_is_GOD Jedi Youngling star 3

May 26, 2005
    I think it's pretty obvious.

Wether you like Sidious or not.

You cannot deny that he is the only one in the movies that obliterated 3 powerul Force-Users in mere seconds with a lightsaber. And these are not clone troopers or any other warriors. All 3 were Jedi Masters and not just masters, they were masters on the council.

Yoda is up there too. His duel with Sidious was going at blazing speed compared to Ani vs. Obi.

13. legion_of_me

Dec 6, 2005
    I personally would have taken Plo Koon, Kenobi and maybe Ki-Adi Mundi with me rather than Kit Fisto, Agen Kolen and Master Tin.

14. WEEBACCA

WEEBACCA Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 4, 2004
    Well, they were all off-planet though... :p

15. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    Onec Mace discovered Sidious' identity, as quickly as he could he assembled the most powerful Jedi available. He knew time was of the essence. He had clearly underestimated the power of the Sith Lord.

16. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    Yes, even though he was killed in RotS. He was a better fighter, but so was Anakin.

17. Talon_Kenobi

Talon_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2003
    Sidious is much fast in the book. In ROTS movie it was just like those Jedi never used a lightsaber before.

The beginning of THE DUEL is by far the fastest display of saber skill in the movies. I also noticed something during the duel that I didn't before. Anakin quickly tried to use the same move he did on Dooku to dehand him on Obi-wan. But Obi-wan seemed to reverse it. It is at the beginning of the duel and kinda looks like a weird dance

18. -HD-YaebGinn

-HD-YaebGinn Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 31, 2005
    ? really? Where he grabbed his hand and sliced through both? I will have to watch that again.

19. legion_of_me

Dec 6, 2005
    One thing I have always wondered about with Count Dooku is why the curved saber?

20. darthboyd25

darthboyd25 Jedi Youngling

Nov 8, 2005
    anakin skywalker was the most fastest saberist he was moving so fast and quick obi-wan could barley keep up and the way he beat mace.

21. ticopuma

ticopuma Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 2, 2005
    ppl watch all the duels

clearly yoda is the fastest

22. legion_of_me

Dec 6, 2005
    Anakin didn't beat Mace he cheapshotted him. Both cowardly and dishonorable in my book.

23. ticopuma

ticopuma Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 2, 2005
    o plz

if you think anakin beat mace..ur just not doin well

24. WitchKing66

WitchKing66 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2005
    i like it how, u always but people's quote beneath your own :p

25. GRIM_LOCK

GRIM_LOCK Jedi Youngling

Dec 8, 2005
    I would have to give the award to Mace. One he took Sidious by himself, Yoda couldnt even destroy sidious. Two, i have not seen a jedi reflect lightning back at someone. Obiwan could absorb it but no one could reflect. But in the end Mace went down.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.