main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL Who watch "The Simpsons" this past Monday???

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Rex_Karrde, Nov 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rex_Karrde

Rex_Karrde Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 7, 2001
    OK, I don't know if it was Monday or Tuesday (I was still recuperating from the weekend); Well the episode is "Mayored to the Mob" where "Homer" becomes "Mayor Quimby's BODYGUARD". The funniest part is the begining of the show: The Si-Fi CON @ Springfield". "C3P0" & "R2D2" fighting the 'Bots from "Battle Star Gallactica", plus Dr. Who, the Robot & Dr. Zachary Smith (Lost in Space), Mark Hamil... Has anyone seen this episode???

2. Rex_Karrde

Rex_Karrde Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 7, 2001
    Here, I fixed it!!!

3. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    I`ve seen this episode many time`s my confused friend.

4. Hazmatt

Hazmatt Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2002
    I caught that one as well. Classic. It's no secret that Matt Groening is "one of us". The fact that "Simpsons" and "Futurama" are as good as they are attest to that.

Speaking of "Futurama", I just saw the episode where they discover that robots are giving off greenhouse gases and are responsible for global warming, and there were a couple of 'Star Wars' references. First, when the professor is having a flashback about creating the first robot, it looks and sounds suspiciously like C-3PO. Of course it is immediately crushed to make a better model.

The better one is towards the end of the episode when they are going to destroy the robots. The professor grabs his head and moans, "Billions of robot lives wiped out in a single moment. Oh, the Jedi are going to feel this one."

5. JediAutobot

JediAutobot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2000
    Luke Be A Jedi tonight is a classic.

6. Amber_eyes

Amber_eyes Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 22, 2001
    "Use the forks!"

7. Le_Penguin

Le_Penguin Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    I'm not a fan of that episode actually (or of pretty much any Simpsons stuff from the past four years or so,) but it doesn't take a lot of digging to come up with some great SW-inspired Simpsons moments:

http://www.snpp.com/guides/starwars.html

-Le Penguin
    "What's a diorama?"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.