main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Who will lead the Rebels/Resistance in IX?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Kez-Iban, Dec 18, 2017.

1. Kez-Iban

Kez-Iban Jedi Master star 2

Sep 4, 2012
    A lot of people are assuming it will be Poe, but I'm not so sure. I can't imagine Poe just staying in a command center for a whole movie giving orders without going out on missions himself. Plus, wouldn't there be several other Resistance survivors who outrank him? Some possibilities could be Leia, who isn't seen but is still considered the leader, General Emmat, Lt. Connix, Commander D'Acy or a real long shot, Nien Nunb. Another option is the Resistance survivors could split into different groups and start up rebel cells throughout the galaxy, similar to what was going on in the Rebels TV series. In that case, there could be multiple leaders.

2. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    It really felt like they were building Poe up in this film to ultimately take over from Leia even before we lost Carrie in real life. Whilst there may be higher ranking characters, none of them are major characters in the films and Poe's arc in TLJ was about making that change from pilot to leader. Add in a time jump from TLJ to IX and Poe is the most natural choice.

Ody_Mandrell likes this.
  3. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    It's definitely Poe. That was his whole arc in TLJ

4. skybender

skybender Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 28, 2017
    Yes, Poe is clearly in the position to lead those left.

5. Miles Lodson

Miles Lodson Chosen One star 4

Jul 10, 1998
    My bet is a new Admiral-like character from the Outer Rim. Hire a big name actor for the role. Poe needs to be out on missions "blowing stuff up."

6. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Mon Mothma. I don't think she's died yet in canon. Have Poe be a general or something like Han in ROTJ.

7. Chained Prometheus

Chained Prometheus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2013
    It's going to be Poe. I think The Last Jedi established that much in very definite terms.

That said, I'd love it if Lt. Connix returns in IX with a bigger role and acts as Poe's Second-in-Command.

8. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    leia and then poe.

9. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Poe & Finn.

Ben-Solo likes this.
  10. Ben-Solo

Ben-Solo Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2017
    I agree with support from Rose and Lt. Connix

11. Miles Lodson

Miles Lodson Chosen One star 4

Jul 10, 1998
    Too bad it's not Holdo, I really liked her character and Laura Dern's performance in TLJ.

Poe - maybe. He learned a lot in TLJ but is he truly ready to lead the entire Resistance?

I am thinking a new Admiral or General character played by a new, heavyweight actor or actress.

And would love to see them bring Lando back!

dekaneas likes this.
  12. TheLateAdmiralPiett

TheLateAdmiralPiett Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 1, 2004
    As others have said, Poe.

13. yanote

yanote Jedi Knight star 2

May 1, 2016
    Poe should be the chosen one.

14. Tan-Wessel

Tan-Wessel Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001
    Narratively, you need Poe in a cockpit. So I'm guessing Lando shows up finally.

15. panki

panki Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2016
    I think it will be there will a complete chain of command with Poe as leader, then there is Major Ematt and Commander D'acy as well....Lt. Connix would also be there to assist in case Poe is out on field missions....and hopefully Snap Wexley and Jessika Pava should be back to help too (black squadron members were either scattered during evacuation or sent on separate missions according to the TLJ visual dictionary). I can also see Finn and Rose take on more of a recruitment role, foreshadowed by their finding broom boy.

I don't want Leia to die...I hope they write her character out indicating that she retired from the resistance and went to some beautiful faraway planet...maybe occasionally advising the resistance with voice messages.

16. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
  17. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Nein Nunb. The audience will be left speechless as we listen to him give a riveting third act speech to prepare the troops and then bark out order to pilots during the final space battle.

Vthuil and vncredleader like this.
  18. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
  19. DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2014
    I guess it's Leia and Poe.

The Regular Mustache likes this.
  20. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    Rey is the obvious choice. She’ll lead the Rebels to victory, revive the Jedi Order and usurp the FO throne in one swift stroke. Then, she’ll rule the galaxy and everyone will be happy forever!

Last edited: Apr 5, 2019
  21. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    "The odds of you walking out of here in one piece are five hundred and fifty million...to one." BAM! *Shoots dude in the head*

22. Parparamia

Parparamia Jedi Master star 3

Sep 17, 2004
    Han as supreme commander and Lando as his lieutenant. I do think hans death was faked. i believe there will be a number of shocking reversal twists like this.

23. Roosterq

Roosterq Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 6, 2017
    This could be the roll Lando takes. He would easily be able to assume the duties as a commander. Much of that roll could be filmed with him seated and isn't likely to require very much screen time. Typically the Rebel/Resistance leaders don't have much screen time. I don't really expect it, but it could happen.

24. JohnWilliamsSonoma

JohnWilliamsSonoma Force Ghost star 4

Aug 7, 2003