main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Why do we love Star Wars? (Opinions Wanted!)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by yodagirl02, Jun 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yodagirl02

yodagirl02 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 29, 2002
    I am a huge Star Wars fan, but I am wondering what other people think on this question, I think the fundemental question for any fan. What attracts us to this story? What is it that compels us to come out a t midnight for the first showing and to spend hours online talking about it? My little sister hates all things SW, I love them. One of my best friends hates it, one loves it. What makes one person an obssesed fan and one a hater? Please post your thoughts on what attracted you to Star Wars.

2. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    "If you have to ask why people love Star Wars, you'll never know." --The Lard Biscuit

Rick McCallum loves you!

3. Tahsh

Tahsh Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 4, 1999
    I know that one reason I love Star Wars is that is seems so real to me. There are many aspects to it that I see in my life...even the Force in relation to my religion.

There is always a battle between good and evil in life. There are always people doing thier best to survive in this life. There are heros and villians, though many are unknown to most people.

And, it sure seems more real than Star Trek. ;)

If you want to know more about the comparison between my religion and the Force, PM me. I don't want to get into it uninvited so as to not be offensive or anything like that.

4. arabiansanchez

arabiansanchez Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2001
    Why do we love Star Wars?

Mind Control.

5. Jediloren

Jediloren Jedi Youngling star 2

May 30, 2002
    I love it because from the first time I saw episode 4 in drive in theatre it struck a cord with my religon and personal experiences with other people who were not so nice to me.

6. MasterDarthVader

MasterDarthVader Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 11, 2002
  7. Mr_Sith

Mr_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 19, 2003
    Because its a Government Conspiracy :p

8. dArTh_wenley

dArTh_wenley Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 10, 2001

It is impossible me to put it down to one reason. There are so many elements that has made me the fan I am today.

9. KenKenobi

KenKenobi Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2002
    It is impossible me to put it down to one reason. There are so many elements that has made me the fan I am today.

Translation: KenKenobi is a Star Wars fan, and since I want to be like him when I grow up, I am too. :D :D :D

;) :p

Ken Kenobi- And you have a nice day ;)

10. Darth-Martinez

Darth-Martinez Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 22, 2003
    I like Star Wars because of the Sith. I think they are really cool, and the way they fight is amazing. The movies themselves are great, especially the Prequels, but there is just something about the Sith that really gets me, and I just love it. :)

11. Skywalker_1138

Skywalker_1138 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 17, 2003
    I can't explain why I love Star Wars I just do...like Apple Jacks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.