main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Why Doesn't Anakin Lose the Will to Live?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by redlightning, Jan 31, 2016.

1. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    KANE: "Four hundred years is a long time to hate. Oooh, you never wrote. But hate feeds you, it focuses the mind. Keeps you warm. Gives you hope, eh MacLeod."

I think that works just as well for Vader.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ObiWanKnowsMe

ObiWanKnowsMe Jedi Master star 4

Sep 7, 2015
    after the traumatic event that had just occurred to him before he was put in his suit, there probably wasnt a lot going on within his mind. He was just so lost at that point, you're right he probably did not feel anything besides the darkside

3. Jedi_Lantern

Jedi_Lantern Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 3, 2013
    Vader was also a sith head [face_clown]

4. Sith Lord 2015

Sith Lord 2015 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 30, 2015
    Another thread that tries to psycho-analyse SW too much for my taste. We can look to the real world for similar situations. People who apparently have everything and are "happy" on the surface kill themselves, seemingly for no reason, while those who have nothing, a serious illness, blind, in a wheelchair, homeless etc., do not. Why? We will never know. People are different and everyone has individual limits. There is no general agreement as to at what point someone should lose one's will to live. Anakin is not just some random guy but a Sith. So "normal" rules apply even less than in our world.

5. TheGreyWalker

TheGreyWalker Jedi Youngling

Feb 1, 2016
    I feel that Anakin did lose the will to live, and in some ways did die. Vader was his reincarnation, molded in anger, selfishness, and despair. As soon as Padme died, Vader was born.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Shaak Ti

Shaak Ti Jedi Master star 3

Dec 22, 2015
    Cryogenic
    please, You are my only hope Obey One Cryogenic, tell me the truth of the matter.

Cryogenic likes this.
  7. jimmycrank

jimmycrank Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 29, 2015
    Extremely traumatic events, can break the mind, making Void of emotions like love, empathy, guilt, Remorse, after the events of RotS the only emotions he has left are hate and anger, He's essentially a Sociopath at this point, Sociopaths don't tend to be Depressed. They can't feel love, empathy, remorse or guilt, So they just go on with their Lives, Vader is probably the same, he doesn't feel guilt about anything he's done, Not until he meet his Son, Not until he sees that his son still believes in him.

I don't know whether he hates the Emperor or not, Since to his Knowledge it's his fault Padme is dead.

Ezon Pin and TheGreyWalker like this.
  8. Cryogenic

Cryogenic Force Ghost star 5

Jul 20, 2005

"He could even keep the ones he cared about... from dying."

Anakin cares more about himself? Inadvertently drains Padme's life force so that he can live?

Vader looks like he could suck a few souls up through that ravenous wolf-like mask of his.

The Tragedy of Darth Vader: if he really wants to possess Padme, then he must possess her.

Shaak Ti likes this.
  9. NakkyGraphics

NakkyGraphics Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 12, 2015
    Pure hated. Just like Darth Maul survived the fall after Obi Wan struck him.

Shaak Ti likes this.
  10. Tanjint

Tanjint Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 21, 2015
    These pages from Star Wars Tales? I want to order this

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

11. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    I believe that Vader was motivated by a desire for revenge against Sidious for creating him and the loss of Padme. He also wanted power. But he would learn patience in the Sith sense.

12. ObiWanKnowsMe

ObiWanKnowsMe Jedi Master star 4

Sep 7, 2015
    Sidious helped him get through it I'm sure

Tanjint likes this.
  13. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Yep. You can get it in the first TPB that came out years ago.

Tanjint likes this.
  14. ekrolo2

ekrolo2 Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 17, 2014
    Probably because of his relationship with Sidious. Remember, Vader still thinks fondly of the old man even though he's a Sith Lord and he's essentially the only thing resembling either friend or family Vader has left. The proceeding years gradually shift things where Sidious stops pretending and Vader sees him for what he really is but still can't bring himself up to do anything. In the new EU, Sidious is even surprised by Vader building his own private army of droids following Yavin, thinking Vader was beyond taking such a... SIth like initiative. Once he learns about Luke, he immediately decides to rid himself of Sidious now that he's got someone else out there.

15. CloneForce99

CloneForce99 Jedi Knight

May 10, 2015