main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

why is everyone opposed to seeing sidious fight?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by azzgonjinn, Feb 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. azzgonjinn

azzgonjinn Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 24, 2002
    i am hanging out for a yoda/sidious duel, solely on the fact that we have already seen yoda fight (the best from the light side) why not see the best from the dark side fight (sidious)?

2. Darth Dane

Darth Dane Jedi Master star 4

May 10, 2000

I'm ambivalent on this issue.

Coolness factor of the fight alone would be immense.

Coolness of Sidious' characther maybe diminished, because he is a behind-the-scenes kinda guy.

Ah well, we'll see in 2005 :)

DD - 2005 Spliff

3. DarthTerrious

DarthTerrious Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 16, 2001
    I admit it would be cool to see Sidious fight.

But it serves no real purpose to the story and doesn't fit with how we have seen Sidious/Palpatine in the films so far.
    Remember he gets others to do the dirty work, while he sits in an office or whatever just watching everything unfold to his advantage.

4. Mech-E_Jedi

Mech-E_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 11, 2002
    To use an extreme exaggeration in order to convey the point:

Imagine frail, old C. Montgomery Burns from The Simpons step from behind his giant desk, glower-power in full show, and rather than command Mr. Smithers to actually do the dirty work, he opens his coat and pulls out a sword . . .

In both cases, Sidious and Burns, their true power comes from getting others to do their dirty work - and in both cases it would go completely against character.

Now - a demonstration of Sidious' power is different. Imagine a scene where Whack-punk Windu confronts Sidious and Sidious zaps him as easily as Dooku zapped Anakin; then Sidious commands his new apprentice Vader, to finish the job - that I could see.

5. ISD_Devastator

ISD_Devastator Jedi Master star 4

Oct 11, 2002
    Palps is so powerful, he doesn't need to do anything violent himself.
    I wouldn't kill myself if he fought in III, though. But that's not important. He should be only a bts-guy in the PT.

6. Darth_Banal

Darth_Banal Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 22, 2002
    MechE [face_laugh]

I can't quite see Sidious saying "I'll give you the thrashing of a lifetime!"

7. muymaul

muymaul Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 24, 1999
    I agree, Sideous is more of a behind-the-scenes guy. It might look odd to see him fight, although I thought they did a good job with Yoda. I just would like to see it explained somewhere how the Republic missed classifying Palpatine as a force-user.

8. Mace Windy

Mace Windy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 3, 1999
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.