main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Why is YODA the only Jedi to sense the clones coming up behind him?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by manolo-ryda-5, Jun 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vindaxxus

Vindaxxus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 29, 2000
    Let's remember that Ki-Adi_Mundi is getting shot at from both sides. And yes Aayla does reach for her lightsabre right before the initial barrage. And that was not Adi Gallia that was Stass Allie her cousin...

2. SKSeven

SKSeven Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2005
    I think Yoda has also never totally trusted the Clonetroopers, either. Chalk it up to situational dilemmas. One, Yoda's a much smaller target, and thus a lot harder to hit. Two, again, he's not really fighting at the moment. Three, he's Yoda. Four, I don't think Lucas had any intention of deleting him from the OT, so he had to survive. And five, people love badass!Yoda. It's engaging to watch. And the other Jedi had to die, so that scene both illustrated the tragedy of their deaths and the utter coolness of the Frogling.

3. Avid_Prequels_Fan

Avid_Prequels_Fan Jedi Master star 2

Sep 14, 2003
    He isn't the only one. Ki-Adi Mundi sensed it and who knows how many others did...not that it helped them survive though.

4. Mastermorgan

Mastermorgan Jedi Youngling

Jun 6, 2005
    Yoda wasn't concentrating on a battle at the moment so he wasn't distracted. Plus he is more in tune with the force than any other Jedi.

5. RurouniKJS

RurouniKJS Jedi Youngling star 2

May 4, 2005
    Looking at all the factors in the jedi getting owned:

-- Jedis' force sensitivity is lower overall due to the rise of the dark side.

-- Distracted by battlefield conditions

-- For all their power, they're still human (more or less) and subject to emotions. The shock of betrayal by their comrades-in-arms was likely a huge factor in their going down so easily.

-- Aayla Secura never did become a Master, did she? So of course she goes down easier.

-- Come to think of it, anyone else notice that most of the recognizable Jedi we see die in ROTS are the same ones marched into the end of the Arena battle, disarmed? They always were the suckiest Jedi! :D

-- Finally, Yoda was one of the last, and was well aware of the deaths of the other Jedi. Plus, people always judge him by his size. :)

6. JediLord

JediLord Jedi Master star 4

Oct 15, 2000
    Wow this is a simple answer. He was meditating. Thats how. They showed him and felt the others die and knew what was coming.

7. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 23, 2002
    I would have to agree.

8. sith_rising

sith_rising Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    "-- Aayla Secura never did become a Master, did she? So of course she goes down easier."

Someone HAS to make this their signature!

9. Ki-Adi-Mundi_fan

Ki-Adi-Mundi_fan Jedi Master star 3

Jun 7, 2005
    1. Ki-Adi-Mundi clearly sensed something, as he turns around toward the clones, even though he was charging into battle.
    2. Aayla Secura did turn around, but that was about all.
    3. Plo Koon looked up when his clone pilots dropped back.
    4. Stass Allie most likely sensed something, but was too concentrated with flying through the trees to do anything.

10. darthvader88

darthvader88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    It's Yoda, for god's Sake. he's 900 years old. i am pretty sure he can sense the clones coming to kill him.

11. Chukles38

Chukles38 Jedi Master star 5

Jun 10, 2005
    -- Come to think of it, anyone else notice that most of the recognizable Jedi we see die in ROTS are the same ones marched into the end of the Arena battle, disarmed? They always were the suckiest Jedi!

Are oyu saying the jedi in the arena were sucky? If you noticed, most of them were on the council. Some of the strongest jedi were there. Anyways, back on topic. All the things said are true, but most of you seem to not have remembered that yoda can move MUCH MUCH faster than the rest of the jedi. i have a feeling reflexes played a major role in his survival.

12. Jedi-or-Sith

Jedi-or-Sith Jedi Youngling star 1

May 23, 2005
    800+ years of experience. Seems like Yoda, Sidious, Obi and Anakin are the only ones who sense the force really well.

13. GherrickfromDorin

GherrickfromDorin Jedi Youngling star 2

May 16, 2005
    Nah. Really? I think really Yoda and Palps. Second thing is that Yoda sensed killing Plo Koon,Ki-Adi Mundi,Stass and Ayala. He even dropped his stick. And I think he thinks treason.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.