main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Why Live Life From Dream to Dream... {JA, angst} |COMPLETE 6.2.05|

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by CalaisKenobi, Aug 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    it always seems like obiwan has some thing he can't tell quigon, but then later on quigon finds out, then there all crying then happy again hehehehe but me love it so more!!!!!!!!

2. Jovieve

Jovieve Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2002
  3. astroanna

astroanna Jedi Master star 4

Jul 8, 2002
    This is a great story, C-K, hope you post soon!

:)

I really want to know what's making Obi-Wan so depressed!

4. Jovieve

May 19, 2002
  5. CalaisKenobi

CalaisKenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    Umm... Today is Saturday... which means I missed Friday [face_blush] I'M SORRY! I'll post as soon as I get a post done for POS. Thanks for sticking with me :)

CK

6. sabercrazy

sabercrazy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2002
    WOOHOO! A great CK fic that already me good and creeped out!

7. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
    Fan Fiction Archive | Official Handbook and FAQ | Official Story Index | The JCF Grammar Hotline | Story of the Week: The Sands of Time: 500 Years after Return of the Jedi | Forum Search |

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Jedi Council Forums » Fan Activities » Fan Fiction Stories » Post A Reply
    Logged in as: Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl | Logoff | Private Messages | Options | Help | Translation | Faces | Markup Codes | Archives | Terms of Service

8. CalaisKenobi

Jun 15, 2002
    I left the classroom with one of the worst headaches I had ever experienced. I knew it came from the stress and the strain of trying to keep up the act, but there was nothing to do for it. As they say? ?The show must go on??

Bant tried to catch up to Obi-Wan after class, but was left watching as he took off out of the room and raced down the hallway. \One would think he was being pursued by the Sith?\ the young Jedi mused, before turning her attention to her next class, and the quiz therein.

I?ve always hated running. My friends joke that it is because I am too lazy and prefer to be shuttled. I guess that?s partly true, but it?s not the real reason I don?t like to run or jog or even take long walks. The real reason is much harder to overcome? and much more of a character flaw than laziness will ever be.

I just can?t stand to be alone in my own head.

As Qui-Gon exited his last meeting for the day, it was only late morning. Normally the dreaded Council meetings lasted well into the evening hours, so an early release was a cherished one. Stopping back at the apartment he shared with his apprentice, the Master switched out of his formal tunic and robe and into an exercise tunic. He wanted to spend some time with Obi-Wan, and he knew that this was the only way to do it.

Gathering up his gym bag and re-securing his lightsaber to his belt, the Master paused just long enough for a quick meditation. ?Please give me the answers for how I can help my Padawan. I don?t know why he is suffering so,? the Master pleaded, but as expected, the Force was ominously silent.

Rising from where he had dropped to his knees, Qui-Gon released his pent-up breath. Running a hand through his hair, and pulling it back securely in a tie; he then slung his bag over his shoulder and headed toward the training rooms.

I hate running? but I love training. Training is so different from running, it uses your mind and your skills and everything that you are? and if you?re good enough, by the time you?re done, there?s nothing left of you.

Qui-Gon paused in the door of the private salle, spell-bound by the actions of his apprentice. Although it was a Master?s duty to train his Padawan, obligations and meetings often times got in the way of the really hands-on aspects. As such, apprentices to busy Masters, found themselves left to train on their own more often than not. Though Qui-Gon tried to find time to spar with Obi-Wan at least once a day, it was rare for him to have the time to guide him through the katas.

Which should have served as an explanation for an apprentice falling behind in their physical studies? not excelling to a level well beyond that of his age mates. Yet as Qui-Gon watched he could easily recognize the form of the fifteenth level Kata, a level that most Knights had trouble with. \Have I really neglected him so much that he has succeeded so incredibly without me knowing?\

The Master was pulled from his musings abruptly as Obi-Wan registered his presence, stopping his formwork immediately and turning to face his silent watcher. ?Master? Do you wish to spar?? the apprentice asked, gesturing to the Master?s gym bag and workout tunics.

?No, Obi-Wan. I think I will work on my katas as well,? the older Jedi answered, still distracted by the skill his young Padawan had exhibited.

?As you wish, my Master,? Obi-Wan stated, bowing deferentially before turning back to his own training. Qui-Gon watched silently as he stretched, but was disappointed to see Obi-Wan revert to the more basic katas. \He doesn?t want me to know that he has increased in skill so much? Or he is ashamed and afraid to make a mistake?\

Mulling the inadvertent discovery over in his mind, the Master found it difficult to focus on his own form. As he mis

9. dparis

dparis Jedi Youngling star 3

May 21, 2002
    jennygirl...whap.

10. sockedpuppet

sockedpuppet Jedi Youngling

Aug 17, 2002
  11. shookumydooku

shookumydooku Jedi Youngling

Aug 17, 2002
  12. hoboyobo

hoboyobo Jedi Youngling

Aug 17, 2002
  13. mobystonedbyobi

mobystonedbyobi Jedi Youngling

Aug 17, 2002
    splat...i mean whap...sorry yaalll.

14. CalaisKenobi

Jun 15, 2002
    Jedi_Nifet I wonder would Bant and Qui-Gon unit to discover what's wrong with Obi or would they act separately
    First they have to decide for sure that there really is something wrong, and that it's serious enough to warrent attention. That is one of the hardest calls to make...

Thank you again for the up! KasiaSkywalker! :D

Cyn It's probably just my psychotic, sociopathic, idiosyncratic personality - but I somehow sense something beyond clinical depression - or, at least, something that generates such a depth of self-loathing.
    I'm just surprised you didn't automatically attribute it to your favorite "Lunkhead" 8-}

Thanks Cicci! ;)

Jovieve Obi-Wan is showing all the signs of those Type A personality kids
    Unfortunately... you're absolutely correct. :(

EJ I will much prefer a slower pace on this one, as I always seem to be playing catch up on POS!
    Yup, I'd say this qualifies as a much slower pace... :D

Thanks PadawanWillow02!

Flashbacca don't get it, what's up with that SithSpawned purple 'saur?
    Don't ask me... I'm just the writer.

Bekka Nope, not a one poster... but hopefully not a monster of a story either 8-}

Thank you Jenny_the_Jedi_Girl

JaneJinn but will he let anybody help him?
    That's another hard part about this sort of thing too, isn't it? :(

astroanna I really want to know what's making Obi-Wan so depressed!
    Well, that'll be a post or two away... and it might not ever be fully explained. I'm not entirely sure where this is going... ;)

Thank you Sabercrazy! It's such a pleasure to "creep you out" 8-}

THANKS FOR THE "UPS" EVERYONE!!! :D

And for the...um... "Whaps" 8-}

15. legoeggo

legoeggo Jedi Youngling

Aug 17, 2002
    howzig hangin' CK?

just whappin'.

you know that whaps are the greatest form of flattery...but flattery is not what I'm aiming for, is it now?

16. Jovieve

May 19, 2002
    CK...you are just feeding me enough of this story to drive me nuts.

His friends know. Qui-Gon knows.

There is something wrong, but how do you reach out to someone who is 'perfect'?

17. Master_Comedy_Kitty

Master_Comedy_Kitty Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2002
    I MISSED AN UPDATE!!! Sorry. I was at a party. :D Great posty CK. Sorry to say i can completely relate to that...only I don't ever win anything...

EDIT: Oh yeah; whaps!

18. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    So, how do the apprentices learn new katas if their masters are rarely there to help them and they're left to train on their own?

Obi-Wan can't stand to be alone inside his own head? Uh oh.

19. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
    does obiwan got cancer or is it worse then that???????

obiwan tell quigon whats wrong you butt face you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:) :) :) :) :)

20. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
  21. TheFallen

TheFallen Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2001
    -- Looks around --

[face_devil]

WHAP!

22. padawan3

padawan3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 20, 1999
    Force help the day when Obi's emotion conflicts don't attract ardent readers. Great Story CalaisKenobi.

23. Psycho-Freak

Psycho-Freak Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 30, 2002
    Look what we got here, a new post! :D

I left the classroom with one of the worst headaches I had ever experienced. I knew it came from the stress and the strain of trying to keep up the act, but there was nothing to do for it. As they say? ?The show must go on?? Our poor Obi :(

Force help the day when Obi's emotion conflicts don't attract ardent readers. Oh, I don't think that will ever happen :)

Great post CK!

24. Cicci

Cicci Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 16, 2002
    Great post once again CK. :D I can't wait to see where this fic is going (or rather, what you will do to Obi in this one ;) )

25. CalaisKenobi

Jun 15, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.