main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Why Love was Forbidden in the Old Jedi Order (NJO AU by Melyanna and Luney, sequel link up 11/13)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by padawan lunetta, Jan 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaya Solo

Jaya Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 1999
    Up! More please!

2. hollynkesten

hollynkesten Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2004
    your taking years to post more......!!!!!!!!

Upperz, more please!

3. RosyRedFinguredDawn

RosyRedFinguredDawn Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 19, 2003
    Higher, higher, higher, higher, (now can you hand jive baby, oh can you hand jive baby.)

This up brought to you by Grease:)
    ~Rosy

4. Jaya Solo

Jul 12, 1999
  5. hollynkesten

Mar 29, 2004
    UP!!!!

and post more soon..... .... please??

6. Jaya Solo

Jul 12, 1999
  7. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    jade51999:

Wow highly charged, from intensly romantic (heh heh Lainey--*grin*) and dude Armand is HOT LOL! You're just now realizing this? ;)

then to the anger and betrayal felt by Armand towards his aunt..splendidly done.. It was very well done.

I hope Pavol lives..! awesome job! thanks!

RogueSkywalker:

I'm glad I finally had a chance to catch up. Just when I thought everything was about to be resolved there was another plot twist. Sigh. Post again soon! Thanks for catching up! We shall try!

Marsa:

AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SOOOOOO GOOOOOOOOOD !!!!!!!!!!!!
    lol!

Great post! Pavol better not be dead! (But I don't think you are that evil).... at least.... I hope you aren't that evil.... We aren't?! *blinks at Mely*

hollynkesten:

Awesome post!!!! *claps happily!* ooo.. that was good... oh ya, if Pavol dies... nvm, your wouldnt kill him off, that would put a dent in a perfect story! Heheheh thanks girlie :)

Jaya Solo:

Well... that was a cryptic ending. Please don't kill off Pavol! Nice, fun romantic scenes. Poor Lainey! She's so brave. The mean auntie should die. GOt it all down in a paragraph, thanks :) (And kill Pavol, US? ;))

RosyRedFinguredDawn:

I liked the mush, it was very sweet. (the comment about the flowers was priceless.) I must add my voice to the chorus begging you not to kill Pavol, he's too cute/nice/etc. lol! yes, yes, he is. ;)

I do have a couple of questions. First, where are the adults? The Masters? Helping with the Chaolin...don't worry, they'll be back.

Also, can you remind me what events started this war? (I kinda forgot ) Good job, keep it up. It was Vanis and Co kidnapping the Chaolin. (Well half of them)

REBADAMS7:

Twists turns and proper indignation
    wonderful!

Zara_Rose:

Wow, Armand. Melikes, melikes a lot. lol! Thanks :)
    Jaya Solo

PadawanElleiadrieal:

I?ve been following this story since you posted the
    link on the end of shadows on fanfiction. I haven't
    reviewed yet because I'm new to theforce.net, and
    being unused to the format, until now haven't been
    able to locate the post a reply button. However, I
    found it and am begging you to post more, considering
    that you haven?t posted for two weeks, and Pavol may
    be dying.
    Well thannks for coming here as well! :) We're trying, tis just a bit hard toward the end. :)

Here's more!

Armand fought the urge to rub his eyes as he entered the communications center, with Jet Degah following on his heels. It had been a long, exhausting day to say the least, and the end still wasn't in sight yet. At least the battle was over, but the aftermath was shaping up to be almost as bad. He?d lost men, and some more might not make it through the night.? Like Pavol. Armand winced involunatarily as he punched in his security code before entering his father's comm.

The last few times he'd commed, he'd managed to call extremely late at night on Naboo. This time, when his father answered, he'd obviously been up for awhile. He nodded in formal greeting to Armand. "Hello, son."

"Father," Armand said, returning his nod. "We're on our way home."

"Everything is well, I trust?" Richard asked, leaning back slightly.

"As well as possible," Armand replied after a moment. "We have the colonists safely aboard the Amidala, and Sioned Altair in custody," He said, keeping his tone as calm as possible. "Lairde Batista and Vanis Ekroff were killed in battle."

Richard studied him carefully. "How many Naboo were killed?"

Armand looked down. "Twenty."

"Armand, what are you not telling me?" Richard asked gently.

"Pavol was hurt, father," Armand said, closing his eyes. "He pushed me out of the way of a falling roof and was caught under it." He took a deep breath. "We don't know if he will make it."

"You never wanted him for guard," Richard said softly. "But if it had been you, P

8. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    He's not going to make her hobble down the aisle, eh? ;) Nice postie.

9. Jaya Solo

Jul 12, 1999
    YAY! You posted! You made my finals week happier.

Hm... still no word about Pavol. But that's happy that he's going to become nobility! :) Such a cute moment with Lainey and Armand. :)

10. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    too tired to comment, but it made me smile before i went to bed.

will say more tomorrow

11. RosyRedFinguredDawn

RosyRedFinguredDawn Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 19, 2003
    Very cute. As usual, Armand makes me aw, and wonder where the real world hides these men. (I liked his decision on what to do for Pavol. Now Pavol needs to get better, now.) Thanks for the reminder on how everything got there, it helped. Good job. Thanks.
    ~Rosy

12. hollynkesten

Mar 29, 2004
    they have unknowninly just told us that Pavol will live... b/c they are not about to kill him... after we find out he would have been raised, and therefore creating the situation between him and Julya complicated b/c of rank.... it would be even!!! hahaha.... she wouldnt loose face... and since Mely has the next post... im off to bug her!

Upperz (not that it needs it)

Awesome post!

13. jade51999

Nov 5, 1999
    Awake now and watching a bizaare William Shatner movie in Esperanto..

anyway..that was a great post, I like how the King helped Armand figure out how to best honor Pavol--and to some extent help quell some issues that may occur once Julie and him decide to make their relationship more permanant...

anywhoo..

Lainey and Armand awwwwww so cute!

14. REBADAMS7

REBADAMS7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2001
    THe image of William Shattner speaking Esperanto.......too weird!
    thanks for the post!
    Reb

15. Zara_Rose

Zara_Rose Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Phew! Finals are over! Yay!

Nice post, good mush, melikes!

16. Marsa

Marsa Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 23, 2004
    Wonderful!!

Pavol to become nobility?

I knew it!! I really did!

But will he agree? I guess you could have him lose a kidney or something. Cause bodyguards can't work unless they have two of everything....

Great post! ~M

17. Melyanna

Melyanna Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Sorry for the delay, folks. You wouldn't believe the time I had starting this one.

One of us will do replies later ? we're both a bit sleepy. :p

*~*~*~*

There was something calming about the Amidala at night, and it was well into the night before the moans of the wounded in the infirmary settled into undulating warmth of sleeping. True, most of the wounded had been sent to the Light of Naboo, but the major cases were onboard this vessel, and some of them looked like they would keep the infirmary staff up for many nights more. But the lights dimmed with the rest of the ship's chronotechnology, and time passed. The wounded slept.

The healers did not.

It was during this night that Julya Daris remembered what Luke Skywalker had told her two years earlier when she had expressed an interest in becoming a healer. "You have the talent for it," he'd said (because he couldn't deny it), "but do you really know what it involves?"

She hadn't, in truth. But she begged and pleaded until he'd given in, perhaps in hopes that she would see that it was not her true path. And perhaps it wasn't. The first few months had been grueling, with little progress and less patience. Cilghal was ready to tell her that she wasn't suitable to be a healer and Julie had been ready to agree, but a fortuitous visit from Jacen had changed all that. He, with a subtlety she didn't know him to possess, had reminded her of how she had once saved his brother's life, what she'd felt, and how she'd channeled that into the Force. He'd given her a penlight, and that was enough to let her find her way to the light controls and turn them on herself.

And she wondered why these thoughts were flooding back to her mind now as she covered the wounded soldiers with warm, thick blankets which lay about the infirmary in abundance. The blankets reminded her of Pavol. They were unassuming, but made of a rich cloth which would not easily give way to pressure of any kind. And they were warm, surprisingly soft, something with which she wanted to wrap herself. . .

She remembered childhood, remembered the day they met. Six-year-old Julya had been attending her first day at the Royal Academy, desperately wishing that she would not be identified to everyone as the King's cousin. Of course, everyone had seen her that way ? until she left Naboo ten years later, she would continue to be identified by her family instead of by herself. So in her frilly pink dress (a color she now refused to wear with great frequency), she'd fled to a deserted courtyard and sat on the steps leading down to a fountain and cried after her final class of the day.

There Armand and Richard had found her desperately trying to cover her tears. The two boys were clever, though, as was their companion, a new boy who looked very much like Armand. "You remember Uncle Ceidron, right?" Richard had said. Ceidron Metz wasn't around very much, but Julie did remember him. He was their great-uncle by marriage. "This is his grandson, Pavol."

"Hi," she'd said, wishing it weren't so obvious she'd been crying. "Are you our cousin?"

The dark-haired boy had shaken his head. "No," he'd replied simply. Years later Julie would get the whole relation mess straightened out: Pavol was Ceidron Metz's grandson, and Ceidron had married into the Naberrie family, but Pavol himself was not related to the royal family at all. Once she'd gotten that straight, she'd put it out of her mind entirely. It was too confusing.

He'd been the first one to figure out why she'd been upset. "You know," he said, in that soft manner he'd possessed even then as a ten-year-old, "sometimes it bothers me that everyone knows me as the Princes' friend."

"Really?"

"Yeah. But I just remember that I have to be me, no matter who I'm related to or who my friends are."

Like Jacen's words years later, those words had echoed through her mind, forming a great portion of who she was. Above all else, she had to be true to herself. To be otherwise was the highest form of dish

18. jade51999

Nov 5, 1999
    YES!

can't say much more than that, have to take apart the comp b/c i graduate today and am moving out!

swwwweeeeeeeeet!

lovely present!

19. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Enjoyed the bit of backstory/history. You did fine, Mel.

20. hollynkesten

Mar 29, 2004
    Mely... i loved it.. and Luney congrats on your 5 year mark.. glad you got somehting up to commemorate it!!! more soon... please??

21. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    jade51999:

can't say much more than that, have to take apart the comp b/c i graduate today and am moving out! lol! Congrats!

RebelMom:

Enjoyed the bit of backstory/history. You did fine, Mel. Yes, she did. I liked it too.

hollynkesten:

Mely... i loved it.. and Luney congrats on your 5 year mark.. glad you got somehting up to commemorate it!!! more soon... please?? Thanks! Twas' excellent.

Alrighty girls and all you lurkers, Mely's computer is having problems so I'm not sure when we'll be able to post again. (Probably in a couple weeks or before.)

I'm sorry! I'll keep you informed as she informs me.

22. Zara_Rose

Zara_Rose Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Great postie, ladies. Luney, I am thoroughly amused by your sig.

23. RogueSkywalker

RogueSkywalker Jedi Youngling

Jun 22, 2003
    Whew! Glad Pavol is okay. Do I sense a happy ending?

24. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    Zara_Rose:

Great postie, ladies. Thanks!

Luney, I am thoroughly amused by your sig. lol! Quite original, isn't it? ;)

RogueSkywalker:

Whew! Glad Pavol is okay. Do I sense a happy ending? Who, US? ;)

25. Jaya Solo

Jul 12, 1999
    Yay! He lives! That was a cute little part about his childhood. :) More please.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.