main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Will Darth Vader Be in Episode VII?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Lurknomore, Apr 8, 2014.

?

Do You Think Vader Will Be Included in Ep VII?

Poll closed Apr 22, 2014.
  1. Yes

14 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. No

56 vote(s)
    80.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mratm23

mratm23 Jedi Knight star 3

May 13, 2014
    We also have other pretty convincing voice actors to play Vader from the video games and such.

2. JediLight

JediLight Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001
    I think JEJ is done providing his voice for Vader. That ship has past. Glad we got him for a few lines in ROTS.

3. DV75

DV75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2001
    Not really.

You can clearly tell it isn't JEJ.

My bet is him doing voice work on Rebels.

4. redlightning

redlightning Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2014
    Anakin could be a ghost telling Luke and his grandchildren of the many secrets of the Empire. So when someone uses a forgotten Imperial technology against the New Republic, Anakin could help find the weakness to it.

Mata2010 likes this.
  5. Hammer_Head

Hammer_Head Jedi Padawan

Dec 8, 2013
    Perhaps a spin off on Vader. A new evil character that is not Vader but perhaps Vader was his idol, and he ends up in a suit reminiscent of Vader but not the same and displays some of the same persona.

Immortiss likes this.
  6. DarthHomer

DarthHomer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2000
    No Vader. No ghost Anakin. But I wouldn't object to Hayden making a cameo as an old hologram recording. It would be pretty cool if R2 had a secret recording of Anakin from before he became Vader that he suddenly revealed to the heroes when the information in it became relevant to a current threat they were facing.

Mata2010 likes this.
  7. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    I wouldn't mind seeing Anakin/Vader in a dream/hallucination/flashback sometime in Episode 7.

Though an actual story that has Anakin/Vader play a central role, would fit better in a spin off film (perhaps set between Episode 3 and 4).

Satipo and Mata2010 like this.
  8. Mata2010

Mata2010 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 2, 2013
    Ha, I'll probably be beat down for saying this but I must: maybe Padme didn't die.....maybe it was all an act. *runs and hides*

But I digress, that's a subject for another thread....hehe O:)

Immortiss likes this.
  9. mratm23

May 13, 2014
    I doubt it. The backlash would be enormous.

10. WriterMan

WriterMan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2012
    I wouldn't like the decision but I don't know if I'd necessarily be surprised.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    I'm with you.

Even though I'm a first-generation SW fan who fell in love with the original editions of these films, the truth is, most of the alterations George made to the OT over the years didn't bother me all that much.

I mean, taking out the gloriously sleazy-sounding "Lapti Nek" in favor of "Jedi Rocks" doesn't sit all that well with me, but honestly, it's the unfortunate, unintended changes (like giving Vader an impotent-looking pink lightsaber blade) which bothered me an awful lot more. Heck, though the originaltrilogy.com people would likely string me up for saying this, I'd even be in favor of still one more big change: redoing every lightsaber (and maybe even shot fired from a blaster) so that they are up to PT/ST standards. But that's something I'd like to see done even for an otherwise OOT blu ray release.

But all that said, nothing (and I mean nothing) about the addition of Vader's "No. Noooooo!" to the climactic scene of the Star Wars Trilogy adds anything of value to the experience for me.

In fact, it very nearly kills it. So much so that I rarely if ever watch ROTJ on blu ray (and may not do so again until the day we get that OOT in hi-def). It's just such a mind-bogglingly poor addition to me.

I just. Don't. Get it.

12. Rachel_In_Red

Rachel_In_Red Jedi Master star 3

May 12, 2013
    Anakin as a force ghost in the ST may be okay, but I would really like a Vader spinoff in the years following ROTS.

Darth Lurker likes this.
  13. mratm23

May 13, 2014
    Uhhhh, No. That would ruin the end of ROTJ. I don't think we'll ever see Vader again.

Andy Wylde likes this.
  14. JediKnightWax

JediKnightWax Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    The voice of Hayden at the very most.

15. Grilled Hutt

Grilled Hutt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 24, 2003
    I dont see any way for Vader to return. You know that thing you do when you think of one thing and your mind wanders to a different conclusion.
    well i did that.

I was thinkin about Palps screaming Power, ULTIMATE POWER! and his face shriveling up like a prune on a bad date. (sorry...bad pun).
    So if all that dark side usage got him the wrinkles then why was Darth all baby skin pink, white from lack of vitamin D, Very unwrinkly with the exception of scarred tissue. Well that means one thing of course...ol Darth never used much dark side...he didnt shrivel up like palps...so he worked secretly to destroy the emperor when he realized that needed to be done quickly because there was a greater threat looming. A death star could be useful in the rebel hands or something stupid like that. This greater threat looming is the ancient fear that darth figured out.....luke finds out what vader was trying to do...and it turns out that vader was doing everyone a favor all along with a few collateral damage points along the way...because the entire galaxys fate was at stake.
    Stays in with the skywalker arc and allows flashback vader videos to be played.

so no....hes not gonna beback in episode 7.

16. Momotaros

Momotaros Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2013
    Vader is ash in the wind. Unless they plan to remain him Ash Vader. I don't see him returning.

17. hachijedi

hachijedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 22, 2012
    Why is a dream sequence with Vader breathing a bad idea. It could show how luke is still torture by his father's death.

Satipo likes this.
  18. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    There's always a revisit to the Magic Evil Tree on Dagabah.

Satipo likes this.
  19. Darth Lurker

Darth Lurker Jedi Knight star 1

May 24, 2014

How exactly would seeing Vader in the years between RotS and ANH have anything to do with the end of RotJ?

20. mratm23

May 13, 2014
    Oh! My bad, I thought you said ROTJ, not ROTS.

21. Redimet

Redimet Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2014
    He could show up at someones Jedi trial like Luke had in the cave I would be okay with that but nothing more. I do hope we get a spin off movie in which we see Vader hunt down Jedi.

22. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    I could totally see Vader showing up in a cave style vision as part of some Jedi training. Vader has to be referenced in some way at least.

I wonder if we will see Vader style/ influenced armor at all on any of the evil forces. It's not totally unreasonable to think that Vader may have had worshippers of his own in some shape or form.

I just hope we don't get the actual Vader back at all. I think, unless they have a killer idea and the execution to match, that would be a disastrous, polarising move.

If we do have to hear Vader again, please God let them pay JEJ whatever it takes to get him back. I cannot stand the guy that does the video games and Lego spin-offs.

Regardless of any VII appearance, I think it would make absolute sense to have Vader show up in the spin-offs at some point.

23. hachijedi

hachijedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 22, 2012
    There won't be an Episode 3.5 prequel with Vader cause the PREQUELS were Vader's prequel. I guess the best we can hope for is for him to pop up in "Rebels". It's just sad that we have 20 years of Vader taking over the galaxy and we don't have any movies showing it.

24. Mr. K

Mr. K Moderator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 1999
    Max Von Sydow = Anakin clone.

Okay, that was a joke..... :p
    Although.......he is the right age........

25. Kraven Head

Kraven Head Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 5, 2012
    I expect an Anakin force ghost to make at least one appearance in the ST.
    Also, I can also see a dark force users/followers 'cult' obbessed with and worship Vader. Hence a possible attempt to ressurect him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.