main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Will Episode III be the best SW movie? Yes or No?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by DarthSapient, Apr 14, 2004.

?

Will Episode III be the best SW movie? Yes or No?

Poll closed Mar 25, 2012.
  1. Yes

64.5%
  2. No

35.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MasterJedi101

MasterJedi101 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 23, 2004
    HAHA THIS IS A GREAT THREAD. It seems rots has the edge as it should. Of course it the best.

hands down

2. Admiral_AckBas

Admiral_AckBas Jedi Youngling star 1

May 23, 2005
    I'm leaning towards yes. I'm currently thinking that it matches TESB, but I'd need to watch them both soon after each other. I'm suspecting that I'm being held back by TESB's legendary status, and trying to convince myself that nothing can be better than what I always regarded to be the greatest Star Wars movie ever.

However, when I weigh all the facts, I come to the conclusion that I find ROTS to have more dramatic impact overall (although "I am your father" probably remains as the most impacting scene), and that it moved me more than anything. Yoda/Vader's death and Anakin's rebirth were amazing, but both the execution of Order 66 and the entire Anakin/Obi-Wan duel, including the conversations they have beforehand and afterwards (followed by Anakin's horrible fate) had me more shaken than the entire OT ever had.
    Even if you disregard story and emotion, and look at it very bluntly, ROTS had the most ass-kicking action, too. Plus, it feels like the central hub around which all other movies revolve.

I think the OT's legendary status is holding me back! *throws tool across Lars' garage*

3. rancor_ismydad

rancor_ismydad Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 18, 2004
    This thread is gay. Its all relative. TPM is the best SW to some people and rightly so as there are different strokes for different folks.

However, most people saying ROTS will not be saying it in a year or two. Just wait till the "new movie fever" has worn off.

4. FrodoTheSith

FrodoTheSith Jedi Youngling

May 9, 2005
    No...but it ranks up there with the OT.

I rank them:

Empire
    Tie: A New Hope/Jedi/Sith
    Clones
    Menace

I would've ranked Jedi 3rd but I now view it very differently after seeing ROTS...

5. MrC123

MrC123 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2004
    My vote is probably yes.

6. DarthBabe

DarthBabe Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 18, 2002
    IMO, ROTS is the best SW movie.

7. Clovis

Clovis Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 26, 2000
    No way

8. jastermedi

jastermedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 13, 2004
    Negative,however it was very needed for the saga...

9. bry-maul

bry-maul Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 5, 2005
    I think for the oldschoolers, ESB will be best. For the teenies who grew up with the PT, they'll go with ROTS. The youngsters (for the most part) will gravitate to the glitz of the PT.

As a 30 yr old, it is hard to give the nod to ROTS over ESB. They are both #1 to me. They are the best of each trilogy.

10. Hades2021

Hades2021 Jedi Master star 4

May 29, 2003
    One vote in the "NO" direction here. The original is the best.

11. DarthNomis

DarthNomis Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 2, 2001
    For now I will say YES !

(But I reserve the right to change that opinion once I watch it after the excitment of it is over for me and look at it more objectively) ;)

12. chosenone68

chosenone68 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 16, 2004
    Yes. It already is. It is its' destiny...

13. evhjim

evhjim Jedi Youngling

May 10, 2005
    Yes, ROTS is the best SW movie, however my sentimental favorite is still ESB. I rank them evenly.

I am an old school Star Wars fan (31 yrs old) and I have always been a huge fan of the OT. Having said that, I truly believe ROTS is a superior film to the OT. But really, it does not matter. I am a SW fan, not just of one film, but of all of them!

14. bry-maul

bry-maul Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 5, 2005
    like the sig evh. close to mine, but after ROTS, rank TPM just above ANH. nice to finally see some pre-ROTS posters back on the boards...

15. Lynch69

Lynch69 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 24, 2005
    I'll give it a definitive......maybe. Currently, it has the best review value, as the OT are burned into my memory. The one fatal flaw to this is nothing to do with EP3, but EP 1 and 2. Had GL built the drama to a head using all 3 movies, then I think 3 would rocket to the top in most fans eyes, even for a movie that we know 90% of the story. Plus the lack of chemistry between the actors in NT is very noticeable, Obi Wan being the most likeable.

If 1 and 2 weren't loaded with filler (3 Laps in the pod race, zzzzz) and concentrated more on the core story, then 3 would be near untouchable. Yet its still fantastic and any complaints of mine are minor ones.

So to answer the question.
    I dont' know yet.

16. Darth_Malak_

Darth_Malak_ Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2005
    AOTC is still my favorite. [face_blush]

17. Dunpeal

Dunpeal Jedi Youngling

Jun 22, 2004
    ROTS is the best.

18. fcz1

fcz1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 22, 2002
    Still Empire.

Time will tell if it will take #2 in my book. I need to see if I still love it after many years of repeated viewings.

19. wattsy

wattsy Jedi Youngling

May 21, 2005
    it was the best of the sequals but the origionals were so great its hard to improve them over time i think it will probably be considerd one of the best.

20. sithrules70

sithrules70 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2005
    the best by far.ther is nothing i dont like about it.

21. Jedifer

Jedifer Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2005
    No, but it is very good, and I can understand why some would feel that way. It's possible that this movie could eventually tie ANH for second place in my preference list. But I will always favor the subtlety and craftsmanship of ESB.

On that note, has there ever been an effort to correlate favorite episode with rough age? As others have mentioned, a lot of 30+ fans seem to favor the OT.

22. Cloned_Sidious

Cloned_Sidious Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 14, 2004
    Best of the Prequels, not of the Saga.

23. DarthScully

DarthScully Jedi Master star 4

Oct 30, 2001
    i was hesitant to answer this at first, feeling that it was way too early to tell, but after 6 viewings (and counting [face_batting]) for ROTS and rewatching the PTs and OTs for the nth time i feel i've come to a fair conclusion:

Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith is the best movie by far from all 6 movies. :):):)

24. El_Wookiee

El_Wookiee Jedi Youngling star 1

May 29, 2005
    As far as action is concerned, it's the best. I think I need to see a few more times to even consider calling it better than the originals.

25. Captain_Fett

Captain_Fett Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 7, 2002
    I think ROTS is the best of the saga. The emotional intensity far outshines the others, in my opinion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.