main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Read, PA Wizard World Philly

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Rebel_Spook, Mar 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rebel_Spook

Rebel_Spook Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2002
    Hey ya'll! I was thinking about upcoming events that we might try to attend and came up with Wizard World Philadelphia! It happens June 15-17 this year. I was thinking this would be cool to meet up at and hang out. There's always lots of SW fans as well as tons of comic and scifi fans. Being part of all three of those groups has always made me interested in this con, but I've never made it there. We could do a day (most likely Saturday), or could even arrange to get hotel room(s) and make a weekend out of it.

2. JediSoccerDad

JediSoccerDad Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 12, 2004
    This would be a great idea for a meet in June. Awesome call, Dave! =D=

I will be up for meeting up on that Friday, the 15th. I'm busy on the 16th & 17th, but I am a GO on the 15th! :cool:

3. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I'll most likely be heading down with the 501st but I don't see how that would stop us from hanging out. ;)

4. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    Well, Rob, you are just going to have to change whatever it is that has you busy that weekend! :p

5. JediSoccerDad

Aug 12, 2004
    Can't, soccer game [face_shame_on_you]

But if some people meet on that Friday Night, I'll take you guys (and gals) to a great place in Chinatown that my friend ownes =P~

6. JediSoccerDad

Aug 12, 2004
    We have time for this, but since it will be our June Meeting, what's everyone's thoughts on when they will be going down to this?

Unfortunately, I am only available on Friday.

7. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    Well, with it almost 3 months off, I can't say with absolute certainty, but I am going to try to make it a weekend of at least Friday and Saturday.

EDIT-- Wizard recently updated the site for the WWP and now have the prices for tickets. For the 3 day pass (also the best price for going 2 days) is $45, the Friday/Saturday/Sunday individul passes are $25 each.

If anyone was wanting to share a room for a night, there are 2 hotels listed on the site and the price is relatively reasonable: one hotel is $184/night and the other is $179/night, and these prices are for up to 4 people per room.

8. JediSoccerDad

Aug 12, 2004
    My Tournament this weekend was scrapped, so I will be able to go on Saturday. Shall we say the Meeting/Event will be to meet up on Saturday, now? I think I was the only reason we were gonna try to meet on Friday.

9. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    Great! Saturday it is then!

I am still thinking of making this a two-day trip if anyone wants to share a room Saturday night.

10. JediSoccerDad

Aug 12, 2004
    I might do this as a 2-Night as well, but I have family in Philly, so I won't need a room :p

11. EighteenDelta

EighteenDelta Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 22, 2007
    It's a bit far off for me to say, but I would like to go, whether it's something I really can arrange to happen has yet to be seen. I will start talking it up as a family get away weekend, lol.

-x

12. Patches37

Patches37 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 26, 2007
    If you guys are fan's on convention type dealies then you should come visit me in Jersey when I am there t'werkin it at Chiller Theatre. It's a horror/sci-fi con full of fantastic fun for the whole family...if your family is made up of robots...or if your dad is a zombie...[face_alien_1]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.