main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wookiepedia Question

Discussion in 'Literature' started by SephyCloneNo15, Jun 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SephyCloneNo15

SephyCloneNo15 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 9, 2005
    In my free time, when the boards are slow, I like to look around at random stuff on Wookiepedia, and today I made a startling discovery: In many (if not all) images from comics that include speech or thought bubbles, the bubbles are whited out so the text cannot be read. Why? Is it a legal issue with DH? A technical issue? A simple design choice by the Wookiepedians who handle the image work?

2. NJOfan215

NJOfan215 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 17, 2003
    I never noticed that. I'm not sure why that would be.

3. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    It's the Ministry of Truth. Pay no attention.

4. Sauron_18

Sauron_18 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 1, 2005
    I think it's if the speech contains any hint of the plot it should be blanked. Though I'm unsure, sometimes it could simply be so that the words do not distract from the image, and sometimes it's the words in the bubble that are featured (aka: "Darth Sunshine")

5. Ive_Got_Two_Legs

Ive_Got_Two_Legs Jedi Youngling star 4

Jul 18, 2005
    The consensus was that the comics bubbles are blovked if the text either has nothing to do with, distracts from, or is cut off into jibberish by the picture.

6. Sikon

Sikon Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 29, 2006
    No idea. It's definitely not because of legal issues (nobody cares), just some people think it looks bad with the text. Meh. I never cut the text, and most people seem to agree that there's no point.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.