main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Would a team-up of more obscure characters for a short DH series be fun?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Darth_Arapsis, Jun 6, 2013.

1. Hansa

Hansa Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 19, 2013
    I'd love to see a comic about Dash Rendar teaming up with Jaxxon the rabbit. Sounds like a baaaad idea, but it could actually turn out pretty awesome in the right hands. :D

If I'm not mistaken, we've never really seen regular clones or stormies having 360 degree vision -- just special forces commandos.

2. SkywalkerSquadron

SkywalkerSquadron Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2013
    I would definitely be excited for a team up of obscure characters. I really like it when an author mentions an obscure character, so this sounds great.:)

3. Iron_lord

Iron_lord 26X Wacky Wednesday/23x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 2, 2012
    I'd like to see what happened to Guri after the Shadows of the Empire sequel comic about her.

Reaper63 and Mazzic like this.
  4. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I want to see Feena D'Asta (clone) and Silver Fyre and...

...I second that vote

5. Darth_Arapsis

Darth_Arapsis Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2013
    Jaxxon should only be done in a webcomic maybe.

6. Samayel_

Samayel_ Jedi Master star 2

Sep 26, 2012
    Halla as a Jedi Master training Wade Vox in the NJO or Kyle Katarn teaming up with Dash Rendar agains the Vongs sound pretty good to me

LelalMekha likes this.
  7. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    True! Whatever became of Halla? At the end of Splinter of the Mind's Eye, she left Circarpous V with Luke and Leia so she could joined the Alliance, and then... nothing.

Gamiel likes this.
  8. Iron_lord

Iron_lord 26X Wacky Wednesday/23x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 2, 2012
    After a long disappearance from the background, Vima Da-Boda made an appearance in Crimson Empire III. Maybe Halla will make a reappearance too?

A point was made in Splinter of how Halla was only very weakly able to use the Force- though the Kaiburr fragment she was using boosted that. Maybe she's incapable of reading Knight level?

9. LelalMekha

Oct 29, 2012
    Well, at the time, she was completely untrained. In the beginning, Leia herself wasn't looking too powerful either.

Now, about obscure characters, older women and the Force, there is something that I must confess. I'va always thought that Ackmena, the bartender played by Bea Arthur in the "Holiday Special," was Force-sensitive. After all, she compels a large group of Tatooinian scum to get out of her cantina by just singing! :p I wish someone had tried to make use of that character. True, she was in Allies, but that's just not good enough.

Years ago, I even wrote a short story about Ben Kenobi trying to "recruit" Ackmena.

Gamiel likes this.
  10. jSarek

jSarek VIP star 4 VIP

Feb 18, 2005
    I've long wanted a "Fringe Rebel Ladies" team-up comic with Silver Fyre, Anduvil of Ogem, Nera Dantels, Cinda Tarheel, and Bettle and Jaxa (I know, Jaxa's not a Rebel, but just this once she can let Bettle drag her into things) going forth, kicking rump, and taking names.

Gamiel, Plaristes and Gorefiend like this.
  11. Darth_Arapsis

Darth_Arapsis Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2013
  12. jSarek

jSarek VIP star 4 VIP

Feb 18, 2005
    Yeah, but why introduce all new characters when the Expanded Universe already has an awesome roster of woefully underutilized rumpkicking women?

13. DarkEagle

DarkEagle Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 10, 2009
    Kasan Moor please, thanks

14. LelalMekha

Oct 29, 2012
    Gorefiend likes this.