main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Edmonton Would anyone be interested in an all-NEW, LIVE RPG Campaign hosted by me?

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Rogue_Thunder, May 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rogue_Thunder

Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada star 6

Jan 7, 2003
    I'm looking to start an all-new live campaign GM'ed by me. This would make for 3 entirely seperate campaign's if Troy ever decides to GM again :p ;) You don't need to know how to play but if you're interested then please speak up! I'm going to hold an info session sometime next month (as the first RPG session) where you'll receive some instructions, some help creating your character and we'll run through a few practice sessions. It's recommended that if you DO like it then you buy a copy of the Revised Core Rulebook (Which can be found at any hobby shop or ordered from your friendly nationwide bookstore chain). It's also STRONGLY recommended you get a set of D20 dice (which includes some 6 sided dice, one 12-sided, one 8-sided, two 10's and one 4-sided - but you don't need to worry about that unless you like the game and want to keep playing it).

Now I will be hosting this game at my house (yes, out in the sticks here) but I have a car and I'd be more than happy to run a shuttle to and from the mall. I have plenty of seating and we have no neighbours so we can be as raucous as we want, too ;)

As I'll be hosting at my home only those I have met or who have been on the boards more than a year are welcome. If you don't meet either criteria then come to a few meetings so I have a chance to get to know you! Friends of the regulars are welcome ;)

This will be a Bring Your Own Snack dealie just like John's and if you want pizza then I can pick some up on the way in from the mall (since the only place that delivers out here is just... yuck).

2. furhead16

furhead16 Jedi Youngling

Mar 25, 2004
    I'd love to join in as soon as I move down.

-Scott

3. spottcat211

spottcat211 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 27, 2002
    Yay! Sure would be!

4. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    Alrighty. I'll leave a spot open in sept. for ya furhead. Glad to see you're interested Alex :)

Any other takers?

5. Indigo_Jade

Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2002
    I would be interested, but all things considered, I'm not sure how often I would be able to play... guess we will have to see how things go.

Indy

6. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    Just a reminder. This won't be starting til June. I need to make sure I'm sharp on the rules and I'd like to get a few more sourcebooks.

7. fingthething

fingthething Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    It all depends if im working or not in June...

8. Tohrgan_Fex

Tohrgan_Fex Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 27, 2002
    For me it would depend on the scheduling. I sincerely hope you schedule it for certain days that a person could mark ahead on the calender. That way it becomes a regular "planned" thing and not a spur of the moment thing--I usually have my days filled, and if I can put it on the calender, it becomes one of those plans. ;)

With that in mind, it takes a LOT less time to be a player than it does to be a GM, and if it's no more than two or so nights a month, I don't see why I wouldn't be able to make it!

9. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    I was planning on having a regular schedule for example the second and last sundays or something. When it comes closer to the time to get together then we'll decide on something as a group.

10. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    Well, so far it looks like there isn't enough interest in this... :(

11. Tohrgan_Fex

Nov 27, 2002
    Just curious: how many players are you looking for?

12. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    I'd be happy with at least four. Maybe even three

13. spottcat211

Jul 27, 2002
    There are quite a few depends, but if even two-three of those people can make it we could swing this... When you get to actually putting something together and hosting the event, you will get a much better view of the numbers... Perhaps wait until we've created the characters/ran through a few scenerios?

14. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    Yeah, perhaps if you set a date and see what happens? Hard to confirm for sure if we don't know exactly when this will be happening... I just know I can't do sundays at all... :(

15. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    Well to start what day of the week would be best? I'm just going to be working so no endless evenings of homework to start out. When I do get back to school we may need to change it around or I'll set aside a day of the week for hardcore studying to compensate.

I also might be able to borrow my Mom's mini-van so that mean I can shuttle a heck of a lot of people to and from this thing :)

And, no, I wasn't considering not doing this but it doesn't seem like a very positive reaction so far. I don't expect people to jump right on-board but from what I'm getting so far I don't know if I'm going to invest the time and money necessary for this if I don't have enough takers... know what I mean?

In other words, yes I was planning on waiting til it was a little closer to the date before I pulled the plug. ;)

16. spottcat211

Jul 27, 2002
    I think Saturday or Sunday (allready vetoed by John) afternoon would work best for me (so that my carriage doesn't turn into a pumpkin and all)...

17. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    It isn't that I vetoed it, I just can't make it on that day due to having my children on sundays. :)

If that is what works best for everybody else, then I can pass on being a player this time and maybe just help Berx from the side with some campaign ideas or something... :) Or, if my parents take the kids on a weekend that you guys are playing, I can maybe pop in as an NPC or something... :)

18. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    Well I'd like to try and get as many people as I can involved so how about Saturday afternoon?

19. Tohrgan_Fex

Nov 27, 2002
    Saturday afternoon would definately be my vote! That's a day that I could make consistantly.

20. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    If it's going to be Saturday, I suggest you front the cash for the entry... oh wait... ;)

Saturday afternoons work for me if we are going to be doing it every second saturday, as I have the kids on alternating saturdays (every second saturday) after 3:15pm as well as every sunday. Of course, I could still play until about 2:50 on the days I have the kids, as your place is pretty close to mine and all... ;) But if we are playing every second saturday, that would work out just fine for me. Bascially I will be responsible for them on the 22nd of May, and then every second saturday after that (June 5 - although my parents are taking them that weekend, June 19, July 3rd, July 17th, July 31, etc.)

21. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    Anyone busy on the Saturday, June 12th? If I understood your post right then you don't have your kids on the 12th (are those dates when you DO have them?)

I don't think Steve will be participating. I haven't heard from him in weeks but with Troy, John, Alex and maybe Danny in then we'd have a solid corps of gamers. Is anyone else interested in learning / joining us?

22. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    I would be good for the 12th...

I'm going to go bump that other learning thread too, see if we can garner some intrest...

Indy

23. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    I know it seems soon to be asking this, but what era do you want to play in? I'm going to be picking up some more sourcebooks soon and I want to know which ones I should concentrate on.

24. Tohrgan_Fex

Nov 27, 2002
    I'm almost 100% positive that I'll be able to attend. I'll be heading into the last week of my Physics nightmare, and most likely be looking for some reprieve. See you there!

My vote for an era is...something in the Tales of the Jedi/KotOR era. Even though I haven't played the game, I hear it is interesting. Additionally, I think it would be nice to have our different campaigns in different eras. ;)

25. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    That might be fun...

Although I am partial to the Rebellion era as well... :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.